Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Mahoning posted:

You asked a question and he answered it you little baby.

This person and the person who asked that question are not the same person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

mandatory lesbian posted:

more impressed the guy survived that tbh

They're using invincibility tiles.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/qlutoo/status/909176247783231488

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

njsykora posted:

They look cool and artists like drawing them. Also side effect of being a giant challenge for cosplayers.

It's kinda amazing how little cosplay and fanart there is for I am Setsuna. Especially considering that it was a big multi-platform Square Enix game

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This was already discovered months ago

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I think it's pretty clear that in 2018, in between any future big titles Nintendo has to announce, they'll probably dump a ton of NES, SNES, N64, and maybe even GC games monthly. There's no way they're gonna follow up the 2017 that they've had. Especially as far as first party goes. In the absence of that, virtual console is an easy win, especially to all the people that bought Switches but maybe never owned a Wii U or never bought anything on the VC for the Wii.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

yea just like all the virtual console titles we got on 3ds and wii u

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

new luigi's mansion when

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What about Hotel Mario?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I can't wait for Stardew to release, so hopefully the dumb meme posting stops.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They'll just meme post about some other game

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

katkillad2 posted:

I actually want a new Luigi's Mansion

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

katkillad2 posted:

The posting will never stop.

Super Mario World when???

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Super Mario Maker DX loving when

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Now would be a perfect time to finish up that Megaman Legends 3 they got on a harddrive somewhere at Capcom (I don't know how game development works) and release it for the Switch

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The posting will never stop.

Super Mario World when???

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

But how could you do it so you could make levels in docked mode???

(the answer is just use loving buttons and control sticks, Jesus it's not rocket science all the good levels take hours to make anyway, using buttons instead of a touchscreen isn't adding appreciable time or difficulty)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't have a WiiU and I keep almost buying the 3DS version and telling myself "no, don't get the version that can't make levels, it'll be on Switch someday, they'll definitely announce it next time"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Al Borland Corp. posted:

But how could you do it so you could make levels in docked mode???

(the answer is just use loving buttons and control sticks, Jesus it's not rocket science all the good levels take hours to make anyway, using buttons instead of a touchscreen isn't adding appreciable time or difficulty)

Motion controls with the Joycon would be good.

Or just add mouse support or some poo poo, there are a bunch of USB ports on the console

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mahoning posted:

I think it's pretty clear that in 2018, in between any future big titles Nintendo has to announce, they'll probably dump a ton of NES, SNES, N64, and maybe even GC games monthly. There's no way they're gonna follow up the 2017 that they've had. Especially as far as first party goes. In the absence of that, virtual console is an easy win, especially to all the people that bought Switches but maybe never owned a Wii U or never bought anything on the VC for the Wii.

They will absolutely be able to repeat 2017. They've already announced Kirby, Fire Emblem, and Yoshi. And they still have a bunch of Wii U games to port.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's kinda amazing how little cosplay and fanart there is for I am Setsuna. Especially considering that it was a big multi-platform Square Enix game

It wasn't really big. People got hyped because it seemed like it might be a decent RPG that wanted to do a Chrono Trigger style game and all that enthusiasm faded away when everyone played it and it was Chrono Trigger if the devs added in poo poo systems and really bland graphics.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m ready and very willing to play games on my Nintendo Switch.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

They will absolutely be able to repeat 2017. They've already announced Kirby, Fire Emblem, and Yoshi. And they still have a bunch of Wii U games to port.

Kirby, Fire Emblem, and Yoshi are not Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Splatoon.

I'm not saying those games won't sell really well but they're really not even in the same realm as the 2017 releases.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

chaleski posted:

Now would be a perfect time to finish up that Megaman Legends 3 they got on a harddrive somewhere at Capcom (I don't know how game development works) and release it for the Switch

I'd jump at paying a full $60 for a MM Legends game with Mega Man 1 - 10 and X1 - X4. X5 and onward sucked but everything before that was great and I'm sure there's a ton of people who would love to have all those games in one package on the Switch.

Then again I'd also like to have a million dollars in cash delivered to me in a big red wagon for free and that hasn't happened yet either.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Assault Android Cactus when

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

katkillad2 posted:

I again apologize for talking about wanting to play a particular video game on my Nintendo Switch in this, the Nintendo Switch thread.

I hope this opposition to posting about upcoming titles is extended in an equitable fashion.

Namaste 🙏

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah you better apologize you son of a bitch.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mahoning posted:

They don't have any other first party IPs that rival Mario and Zelda (Pokemon doesn't count) but they could potentially put out a bunch of secondary stuff like Metroid Prime 4, that Yoshi game, maybe announce a Star Fox game and the next Smash Bros at E3. The only other thing that could rival Mario would be Pokemon and if that can somehow be ready for the 2018 holiday season it'll be their headliner for E3 next year.

Imagine a 2018 that includes: Octopath Traveller, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid, possibly Star Fox (I mean, we're getting Metroid Prime 4), Smash Bros, a slew of various 3rd party AAA games, and then Pokemon Switch as the big holiday game like Mario Odyssey is for this year. While indie games come out here and there like we've been seeing so far this year. :retrogames:

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
I like arms

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Free Cheese posted:

I like arms

I used mine to sell the bad game that shares their name

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Evil Fluffy posted:

They don't have any other first party IPs that rival Mario and Zelda (Pokemon doesn't count) but they could potentially put out a bunch of secondary stuff like Metroid Prime 4, that Yoshi game, maybe announce a Star Fox game and the next Smash Bros at E3. The only other thing that could rival Mario would be Pokemon and if that can somehow be ready for the 2018 holiday season it'll be their headliner for E3 next year.

Imagine a 2018 that includes: Octopath Traveller, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, Kirby, Metroid, possibly Star Fox (I mean, we're getting Metroid Prime 4), Smash Bros, a slew of various 3rd party AAA games, and then Pokemon Switch as the big holiday game like Mario Odyssey is for this year. While indie games come out here and there like we've been seeing so far this year. :retrogames:

Did they announce a new Star Fox? Figured Zero would kill it dead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheHoosier posted:

Did they announce a new Star Fox? Figured Zero would kill it dead

Sf2

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mahoning posted:

Kirby, Fire Emblem, and Yoshi are not Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, and Splatoon.

I'm not saying those games won't sell really well but they're really not even in the same realm as the 2017 releases.

OK, A: maybe Kirby isn't in the same realm in your heart. And B: it's not like Kirby + whatever two VC title they put out that month = Mario.

Nintendo will probably be able to keep up the pace of releasing a full price retail game once a month well into 2018. They don't need VC. Especially because they'll still be manufacturing the NES and SNES classics, so most of the good games from those generations will already be available.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

katkillad2 posted:

when does it come out

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

eonwe posted:

when does it come out

You Are Not Allowed To Ask This!

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Ask again and maybe we'll know now.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The worst part of Stardew hitting is gonna be the people complaining it didn't live up to the hype. It's a fun game, but man, people.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Hey, I'm selling a copy of ARMS over in SA-Mart: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3834493

I love the game, I just don't have time to git gud at it.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

GreenNight posted:

The worst part of Stardew hitting is gonna be the people complaining it didn't live up to the hype. It's a fun game, but man, people.

Not possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Yeah I agree. No way it actually comes out on the Switch.

• Locked thread