Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least you got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They had to take time to melt down the vita carts into bluerays

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

After traveling since June, I'm going to have access to a PS4 and gaming PC again. Although the Switch has served me well as a primary console these past few months, it'll be nice to sit down with some of the high-performance stuff that I've missed.

What recent release should I jump into first (in between playing fighting games)? My head says Yakuza Kiwami but my heart says Knack 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yakuza, uc4:ll, nex machina, ys8

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

After traveling since June, I'm going to have access to a PS4 and gaming PC again. Although the Switch has served me well as a primary console these past few months, it'll be nice to sit down with some of the high-performance stuff that I've missed.

What recent release should I jump into first (in between playing fighting games)? My head says Yakuza Kiwami but my heart says Knack 2
Haunted Castle PS4 version :P

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It seems like all the knack chat stopped the moment the game came out

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Everyone has been too fully engrossed in Knack 2 to say anything further.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Knack 2 is amazing highly recommended

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Knack is a cool fun meme from my boy mark "two ps4s in a box" cerny and ya'll been trolled by da masta

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Knack 2 is knack of the year

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive just finished Area 3 and Samus Returns is officially a good metroid game. It's been too long. It's not Zero Mission/Super tier but not much is. Its wayyyyyyyyyyy better than Fusion

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im still not liking the parry encouraging waiting but the map is cool

al-azad
May 28, 2009

CJacobs posted:

IT SURE IS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzolI_6WCLs&t=1118s

For those that don't know, I played Stranglehold on a stream the other day and it was truly amazing

I don't know if you've seen Hard Boiled but Stranglehold is actually tame compared to it. Has a fantastic shootout that's a 3 minute single take with thousands of squibs. Makes the shootout in Heat look like baby poo poo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Ive just finished Area 3 and Samus Returns is officially a good metroid game. It's been too long. It's not Zero Mission/Super tier but not much is. Its wayyyyyyyyyyy better than Fusion

Yeah it's really fun. My favorite thing about it are the 3 new Aeon powers which are basically 3 totally new abilities for the series that get their own puzzles and obstacles designed around them.

Real hurthling! posted:

Im still not liking the parry encouraging waiting but the map is cool

I don't feel that it does really. You can blast everything anyway and just parry if they happen to attack before you kill them. Basically as soon as you get the ice beam parrying is no longer necessarily the fastest way to kill things (freeze and then one shot with melee is), and from wave beam onwards you've got lots of options.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but for people like me that never played Psychonauts like 20 years ago or whenever, it's free on the Humble Store for the next hour.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/psychonauts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

al-azad posted:

I don't know if you've seen Hard Boiled but Stranglehold is actually tame compared to it. Has a fantastic shootout that's a 3 minute single take with thousands of squibs. Makes the shootout in Heat look like baby poo poo.

Hard Boiled is one of the best action movies ever made

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hard Boiled is one of the most melodramatic, cheesy, over the top action films I've ever seen. It is amazing.

edit: Also, I didn't go there in the stream, but john woo himself is the bonus stuff shop owner and he makes fun of you if you try to buy something without enough points

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://i.imgur.com/HIEefT9.mp4

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

Hard Boiled is one of the most melodramatic, cheesy, over the top action films I've ever seen. It is amazing.

edit: Also, I didn't go there in the stream, but john woo himself is the bonus stuff shop owner and he makes fun of you if you try to buy something without enough points

Are you planning on going back to it? I'd love to see this :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Absolutely gonna finish it. I figured out how to eliminate my mouse lag by forcing vsync off via Nvidia Inspector, and then locking my framerate at 60 with RivaTuner, so the game will be a lot easier for me to play too.

edit: I also might show off what happens if you don't lock the framerate. The gameplay itself is not tied to your fps, but all of the special effects are. So if you turn vsync off and are running the game at hundreds of frames per second: blood explodes out of enemies in huge amounts because every gunshot triggers like 8 blood splatters before going through them, items glow as bright as the sun because their shimmer effect repeats at 5x speed, and doves go screaming off into the sky at a thousand miles an hour.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 16, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

cat update

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

don't tread on cat

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Kitteh. One of my cats loves laying in front of the fridge.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
which one of you attacked a cucco

http://i.imgur.com/UoSQWI3.mp4

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I know that killing a chicken in Skyrim thing is ridiculous but this mod takes fixing it too far.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I wanna pet those chickens. And Callie.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat hyper light drifter, so now it's time to move on to a classic action rpg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sonic Mania started wearing thin in the last couple of zones, especially in the last one where I lost multiple lives due to time overs. I enjoyed it but I don't know if I'm going to try to 100% it. I might play through again as Knuckles, maybe

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The Colonel posted:

Are you using a guide? Last time I tried to replay that I think I got lost after the vampire part and I didn't have the patience to check every screen for where I needed to go next.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 17, 2017

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Colonel posted:

You know what? I like the aesthetic of game boy rpgs. That level of pixel art complexity always looked real cute to me

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I had a japanese gb gundam rpg as a kid that i couldnt get anywhere in cause i dunt speak japanese. Wonder if i can find a fan translation lp of it to watch to see what i was missing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Looper posted:

You know what? I like the aesthetic of game boy rpgs. That level of pixel art complexity always looked real cute to me

Me too! Gameboy color stuff also looks great. The monsters in all the GBC Dragon Quest games are awesome

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Sonic Mania started wearing thin in the last couple of zones, especially in the last one where I lost multiple lives due to time overs. I enjoyed it but I don't know if I'm going to try to 100% it. I might play through again as Knuckles, maybe

I liked the last few zones but the weakest ones in the game were press garden 1 and stardust 1 imo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Hell yeah. I think somebody said Adventures of Mana is $10 at the moment, too.

tap my mountain posted:

Are you using a guide? Last time I tried to replay that I think I got lost after the vampire part and I didn't have the patience to check every screen for where I needed to go next.

What? FFA's world map is tiny.

Looper posted:

It lends itself incredibly well to tile based games.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Colonel posted:

That game is real bad and obtuse, I suggest you play something more enjoyable

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cats are good animals, I like them a lot.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I said come in! posted:

Cats are good animals, I like them a lot.

They are the best. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 17, 2017

• Locked thread