Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vanderdeath posted:

Kenzi is why I kept watching the show and when her actress dipped, I stopped watching the show. I don't even know how the series ended.

Coldplay Werewolf got better as the series went on at least. I hated the dumb love triangle poo poo however.

She didn't dip :colbert: Her writing did, then she left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Coldplay Werewolf did get better but I always liked his partner the Siren

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GLOW starts with the main character loving her best friends husband, so definitely not entirely uplifting.

Parks and Rec the best suggestion so far. Any meanness is only directed at Jerry, and he deserves it for being Jerry.

Jack Whitehall is a bit poo poo, but that listed cast is otherwise good.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
How was 11/22/63? I really enjoyed the book but didn't finish the first episode because James Franco doesn't really do it for me. Did it turn out to be a good series?

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 17, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I enjoyed it well enough.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Parks and Rec the best suggestion so far. Any meanness is only directed at Jerry, and he deserves it for being Jerry.

The meanness directed at Jerry is the worst part of P&R though. Like, easily.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I agree it got a bit much, but at least they compensated for it by making his life awesome.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah I mean they relentlessly poo poo on Jerry at work.....but he easy has the best personal life. And hey, Ben likes him, and that ends up working out really well for Jerry's work life too.

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016

Popelmon posted:

Wow, I actually finished American Vandal in one sitting. Fantastic show!

Same here. It was really entertaining in ways I wasn't expecting. I hope people don't skip this based on the stupid/immature premise. Not only is it hilarious but it's often sincere and you end up caring about the characters.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
If you really want to feel depressed some of the people who made it are even younger than Donglover was when he got into the business.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

double nine posted:

since killjoys ended its season, I'm looking for an adorable, snarky banter-heavy show. any suggestions?

Try Lucifer and iZombie. Those had some pretty good banter going for them.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

VagueRant posted:

Any positive, uplifting, heartwarming must-watch shows these past few years? :unsmith:

Brooklyn Nine Nine and Parks and Recreation have the lightness and charm you're looking for. Same for, if you don't mind superhero shows, Supergirl.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'm a big proponent of Broad City.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahaha American Vandal ep 5 the doc doing viral is such a great thing to add into it

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The main accused kid in American Vandal is so good at playing a meathead. It's good to know that we've got another Channing Tatum down the line for when he gets too old.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

American Vandal is loving inspired. This could have just been a toothless half-assed parody but instead they went somewhere beautiful. :swoon:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love the host consistently getting jealous of the fat kid being more popular than him

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just finished the first episode of American Vandal and absolutely loved it. Here's my plan for the rest of the day.

e: Oh my god the handjob recreation in episode 2 :stonklol:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Sep 17, 2017

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

So.... who does it?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

VagueRant posted:

Any positive, uplifting, heartwarming must-watch shows these past few years? :unsmith:

Friends keep trying to get me into IASIP and Rick & Morty and Bojack and I'm realising how much I don't like random nastiness and negativity in my fiction when there's plenty enough of that to go around in The Outside.

As a counterpoint, I was rewatching seasons 1 and 2 of Community and I really like the saccharine teamwork/friendship climax while an indie song plays, or the music swelling as a character giving a rousing uplifting speech. Really sold the heart of that show. Got a real craving for more of that - likeable characters you can actually root for.

You ever watch The Good Place? It's a show literally set in the afterlife and its whole thing is being overwhelmingly precious and colorful in the best way.

This post is brought to you by the feeling you get when you see two otters holding hands.

Hughmoris posted:

How was 11/22/63? I really enjoyed the book but didn't finish the first episode because James Franco doesn't really do it for me. Did it turn out to be a good series?

The pilot episode is fantastic and the final episode is good but almost everything in the middle just draaags.

Numberwang posted:

Same here. It was really entertaining in ways I wasn't expecting. I hope people don't skip this based on the stupid/immature premise. Not only is it hilarious but it's often sincere and you end up caring about the characters.

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you really want to feel depressed some of the people who made it are even younger than Donglover was when he got into the business.

Sincerity seems to be the hallmark of entertainment created by milennials and frankly I'm glad of it.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Milo and POTUS posted:

So.... who does it?

Haven't finished, but it wouldn't be a great True Crime parody if there was a definitive answer, would it?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Escobarbarian posted:

I love the host consistently getting jealous of the fat kid being more popular than him

Good for Pat!

Continuing my rewatch of the Knick. God drat this show is even better than I remember. The set design is absolutely out of this world. And the music :swoon:.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

whowhatwhere posted:

Haven't finished, but it wouldn't be a great True Crime parody if there was a definitive answer, would it?

I liked the true crime parody episode of last season of Always Sunny where the punchline is that the entire thing was captured on security camera and there was no mystery but they were planning on hiding that fact until the final episode because it was the only way to stretch the whole thing out to miniseries length.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

whowhatwhere posted:

Durst definitely did it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

poo poo, spoilers.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm almost certain American Vandal won't uncover the actual perpetrator but drat if it hasn't crafted a decent enough mystery for me to really want it to.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
American Vandal is on the level of like Nathan For You and Comrade Detective. It's so good and I'm only 3 episodes in.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

I just finished the first episode of American Vandal and absolutely loved it. Here's my plan for the rest of the day.

e: Oh my god the handjob recreation in episode 2 :stonklol:

Episode 5 is a masterpiece.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

I'm halfway through it. They just spotted the paintcan in videos of the party and my heart stopped beating

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Episode 7 HANOVER'S. CIRCUMCISED. WEINERS.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

Peter is such a tremendous rear end in a top hat. :allears:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

Episode 7 HANOVER'S. CIRCUMCISED. WEINERS.

My brain is fried, that is peak Mockumentary, for sure. Here, have an Emmy.

So many dicks.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finished. Loved it. Complete out-of-nowhere surprise.

edit: the show not the ending or anything

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ditto, went in cold, avoided all hype and spoilers.

PSA: Disregard this hype.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Totally agreed, that just rocked my socks off

Finale spoiler: I saw Christia not knowing CPR right before it happened and my heart stopped all over again

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

Finale spoiler: I saw Christia not knowing CPR right before it happened and my heart stopped all over again

Ming is the real MVP

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

This blew my goddamn mind

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I really feel like the true culprit is none of the suggested theories and that it's all hidden in the information somewhere and that watching it over with a fine tooth comb will bring it to light.

...Man, this kinda thing is not good for me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Its popular and a few years old, bit anothwr heartwarming show was Scrubs. It definitely has its share of sad moments, but nothing mean spirited. In fact, the characters reacting to the sad stuff is a great part of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Rarity posted:

I really feel like the true culprit is none of the suggested theories and that it's all hidden in the information somewhere and that watching it over with a fine tooth comb will bring it to light.

...Man, this kinda thing is not good for me.

Rarity in two days: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo

• Locked thread