Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

I Before E posted:

I like that this Vinny guy decided to make his look "Dave McKean character" but kept his name "Sopranos walk-on".

Endless Mike posted:

I didn't know Slipknot was a wrestler

Come on, you two can't recognize ROH star, Kingdom member, and former Randy Orton impersonator, Vinny "The Horror King" Marseglia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

KungFu Grip posted:

Come on, you two can't recognize ROH star, Kingdom member, and former Randy Orton impersonator, Vinny "The Horror King" Marseglia?

he's the member of the current Kingdom who doesn't suck and didn't break his leg in a horrible moonsault injury.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

he's the member of the current Kingdom who doesn't suck and didn't break his leg in a horrible moonsault injury.

thats a trick question, nobody in the kingdom is good

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I don't think there's anything new since whatever accusations (charges?) he was dodging in Mexico years back.

The charges were fallout from a pay dispute at his semi-legal brothel he was running with his wife.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

This BCW show got cancelled, turns out it was just another carnie operation false advertising and over promising.

They had billboards advertising their show with Sting, RVD, John Morrison, the list goes on and on

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Teddy did a lose a headlining tour for a Canadian indy because he got arrested in Texas for DUI and resisting arrest a while back.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Teddy did a lose a headlining tour for a Canadian indy because he got arrested in Texas for DUI and resisting arrest a while back.

People should really just stop booking Teddy. He can't be worth all the headaches associated with him.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CombineThresher posted:

People should really just stop booking Teddy. He can't be worth all the headaches associated with him.

GCW last night:

https://twitter.com/johnblud/status/909204713702330368

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
This weekend is the beginning of year 3 of NOVA Pro Wrestling. Hard to believe it's been two years and that I have managed to make it to every show. Here's my rundown of the card, to the demand and clamor of nobody. I've also not forgotten that they put up the fifth show on Powerbomb, I'll do a write-up for that soon.

NOVA Pro Wrestling presents “NOVA Project 3”
Friday September 22nd, 2017 - Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia

Who is the Franchise?
"Ace" Arik Royal vs Logan Easton LaRoux

Royal has only lost one singles match out of thirteen in NOVA, and it was to Logan in the Commonwealth Cup finals after wrestling two matches already that night. Ace is going to try and Pounce his way to victory but LaRoux is untouchable on top here, so it could go either way. Logan's never come close to getting what he deserves and hasn't even been meaningfully defeated in Nova since February. Maybe they can let him be on top this whole year and make a really long build out of somebody finally punishing him. Neither Sonjay nor Chet were able to do that in their feud.

Last Man Standing
Beau Crockett vs Innocent Isaiah

The Cutie and the Beast explosion continues. This one might be the blow-off match, but we'll see.

Angelus Layne vs Mia Yim
I don't feel like Angelus has any chance against returning hometown Mae Young Classic hero Mia, but the match should be good. I don't know, maybe Angelus can get over but it could just as easily move towards a "Keith Lee destroyed her" story.

The Ugly Ducklings vs The Carnies (Nick/Kerry)
Two of the hottest acts in the promotion collide. I think I'm looking forward to this most of all.

John Kermon vs "Safety First" Tim Donst
Looks like the "Safety First" gimmick is official, which is a bit much for me but I guess you can never escape insufferable indy crowds.

Curt Stallion vs Sonjay Dutt
Excited to see Curt for the first time.

Chet Sterling & "The Progressive Liberal" Dan Richards vs Bobby Shields & Alexander James
Richards clearly sold some tickets last time so they're not wrong in bringing him back, but all 3 of the other guys are a higher level of worker than him here. I guess Shields and James are in the "One Percent" stable lead by LaRoux, so that will be the story.

Jordynne Grace vs Allie Kat
Fan favorite and my favorite Allie Kat is back again to battle Jordynne Grace. This one should be good.

Dominic Garrini vs Chip Day
Chip had an MMA vs Wrestling match against John Kermon last month and I guess they liked it enough to book it again. Kermon/Day wasn't my favorite of the MMA vs Wrestling matches they've had in NOVA, so we'll see about this one.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a Faye Jackson match on the card too supposedly.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Yeah they didn't announce anything for Faye that I can see. The closest thing she has to a feud in NOVA is with Veda Scott, who isn't on the show. Maybe she will get into one of the other matches or do a squash against a local talent, who knows.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD6t7wZx7j4&t=9s

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/whatculture/status/910081043142725632

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

So WCPW pretty much ended up killing WhatCulture period.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

So.....both Adams, King Ross, Jack the Jobber, all gone. I don't hate the rest of their staff but drat that's a loss.

At least they have a new female host, so it's not quite as much of a boy's club!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Their only presenter with any notability left is Simon & their fanbase is split completely down the middle on him.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rare Magic card l00k posted:

So WCPW pretty much ended up killing WhatCulture period.

Good.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So Ricochet was scheduled for WrestleCircus but then had to pull out because of PWG's show but then the date for the PWG show was assumed to be one day earlier so he was announced again for WrestleCircus until it was confirmed that PWG and WrestleCircus would have shows on the same date so now..Ricochet won't be on WC's show.

lol.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what is a 'presenter' and why does a wrestling promotion have seemingly six of them or something

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

what is a 'presenter' and why does a wrestling promotion have seemingly six of them or something

they were a video news and vlog thing before becoming money marks and starting a promotion

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

england is fake

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Creating those WC list videos must get tiring as gently caress after the first week.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

lmao dude's loving name is jacking

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Testekill posted:

Their only presenter with any notability left is Simon & their fanbase is split completely down the middle on him.

Simon Miller is a treasure. Milbob is the only good Youtube boy.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/AdamTheBlampied/status/910218561922183173

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

5 citar wrestling

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

it's the criterion collection but for movies that feature pro wrestlers

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I have already bought a first row ticket and a hotel room and somehow I find myself wondering if this is really worth the drive. There are a lot of people I love from seeing them in CWF-MA, but honestly not really in a way that makes me care. Chet is my fav, he reminds me of young Sting, but wtf with him being in a tag team with the liberal gimmick dufus. Logan is remarkably good, but Arik himself is a heel in CWF and I like him way more as a heel than as the Ace babyface. Carnies Ducks I've seen enough to know exactly what that match will be like, and basically yeah, love all those guys but I've seen it. And none of the non-CWF people I care enough about. Eh, I dunno.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Someone will probably die in that match. It will also be very good

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

should be noted that this GCW show is actually a double header with Beyond as well.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

They're going to try a three-man Canadian Destroyer off the roof, aren't they?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Wait are WatchMojo and WhatCulture different things

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wait are WatchMojo and WhatCulture different things

Yeah there's like 800 different YouTube top 10 channels

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a significant FloSlam story set to break over the next few days.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Break it rovert! Be the change!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Not this

https://twitter.com/pwponderings/status/910923486914211841

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
worth noting the two Cedric matches (vs ZSJ and vs Yehi) won't be streamed

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

rovert posted:

Random guess with no insider info: investors have pulled out, significant cuts to the $$$ given to indies, WWN is starting to look elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

abraham linksys posted:

worth noting the two Cedric matches (vs ZSJ and vs Yehi) won't be streamed

then what's the loving point of even streaming the event. People watch for ZSJ and Yehi. Not the other dorks. Including that weirdo magician they picked up.