Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

LordAbaddon posted:

Every single other answer they can pack is even worse, and doesn't generate a relevantly sized blocker that can be reused with scarab god at the same time.

Hostage Taker looks like a worse card to me than Vraska's Contempt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

I said it was the best card in the set.

Edit: Fatal Push is terrible in standard.

Let the record reflect that I was also calling Hazoret fully busted from like day one.

Also, you're crazy. Treasure is a thing now, bro, Fatal Push is gonna be everywhere

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sit on my Facebook posted:

Let the record reflect that I was also calling Hazoret fully busted from like day one.

Also, you're crazy. Treasure is a thing now, bro, Fatal Push is gonna be everywhere

You need a good card that makes treasure. Lannery Storm is good but I don't really think you want to splash black in the mono red deck JUST for fatal push.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Long time lurker. Been playing standard since Kaladesh and met a couple of really nice dudes in the Army at my local game store. We usually meet up at a kitchen table to play besides playing at the store.

Well for the past year I have been competing against modern using my standard decks. Most of the time I would borrow some moderns so I could compete. Sometimes I win and more than other times I would lose. I learned a lot playing this game, met some incredible friends, and got some really nice connections.

But I finally got a modern goblin deck that I fell in love with. Played a couple matches tonight and did not lose a single round. Diddn't fight elves as im sure fighting against it might prove difficult but at least now I can say I play modern.

I think after this I might build a badass sliver deck or maybe get into commander. My friends have dozens of commander decks but I would like to have one to call my own. All I am saying is that I am glad I got into this game. I met some amazing people and have had more fun playing magic than any other videogame in the past 10 years. I love this game for what it's worth.

Thanks for reading.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Katamari Democracy posted:

Long time lurker. Been playing standard since Kaladesh and met a couple of really nice dudes in the Army at my local game store. We usually meet up at a kitchen table to play besides playing at the store.

Well for the past year I have been competing against modern using my standard decks. Most of the time I would borrow some moderns so I could compete. Sometimes I win and more than other times I would lose. I learned a lot playing this game, met some incredible friends, and got some really nice connections.

But I finally got a modern goblin deck that I fell in love with. Played a couple matches tonight and did not lose a single round. Diddn't fight elves as im sure fighting against it might prove difficult but at least now I can say I play modern.

I think after this I might build a badass sliver deck or maybe get into commander. My friends have dozens of commander decks but I would like to have one to call my own. All I am saying is that I am glad I got into this game. I met some amazing people and have had more fun playing magic than any other videogame in the past 10 years. I love this game for what it's worth.

Thanks for reading.

Right on. Post in this thread a bunch and you'll probably learn a lot more, there are a lot of good players here who are happy to give whatever advice or answers you may need.

mcmagic posted:

You need a good card that makes treasure. Lannery Storm is good but I don't really think you want to splash black in the mono red deck JUST for fatal push.

There really aren't any good treasure cards besides her and the Wily Goblin huh... that's disappointing.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

sit on my Facebook posted:

Right on. Post in this thread a bunch and you'll probably learn a lot more, there are a lot of good players here who are happy to give whatever advice or answers you may need.

Well, I have only been playing for a short awhile. So I dont want to come across as someone who is stupid to this game. Especially if I can do the research myself.

My main problems are at pre-releases and building decks without the aid of the internet. I still have a lot of fun doing it but at the same time I get a lot of assholes who are really into it and I take my really sweet rear end time reading almost every card people throw at me. The Goblin deck I have was with the help of 3 friends coaching and compiling other decks to make the one I have now absolutely fierce.

I am a very casual player right now. I thought I was a super rear end in a top hat when I played a borrowed modern deck up against someone who had nothing but russian cards and I had to call an oracle judge to name every drat card he had.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Well, I have only been playing for a short awhile. So I dont want to come across as someone who is stupid to this game. Especially if I can do the research myself.

My main problems are at pre-releases and building decks without the aid of the internet. I still have a lot of fun doing it but at the same time I get a lot of assholes who are really into it and I take my really sweet rear end time reading almost every card people throw at me. The Goblin deck I have was with the help of 3 friends coaching and compiling other decks to make the one I have now absolutely fierce.

I am a very casual player right now. I thought I was a super rear end in a top hat when I played a borrowed modern deck up against someone who had nothing but russian cards and I had to call an oracle judge to name every drat card he had.

You are never an rear end in a top hat for asking to get a proper explanation of what the card does.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

TheKingofSprings posted:

You are never an rear end in a top hat for asking to get a proper explanation of what the card does.

While this is true; when I am playing against someone who plays a card I have never seen before. I tend to take longer than necessary to figure out a game plan. That is when I feel like the rear end in a top hat and people think I draw out games just for 10 turn wins or whatever.

E- I am known at my local store for taking forever to make a decision during pre-releases. Because while I do look at spoilers I just suck at building decks in draft and pre releases.

E2- Its even worse for commander. And even multiplayer. I usually just let it ride and play a "Counter something" to only get the entire table asking why I did that to make me feel bad. Christ this game is stressful but we are all friends in the end.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 17, 2017

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I'm enjoying watching this mcmagic slap fight.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I went 3-0 in draft today with RB beatdown. My only game loss was against my first round opponent playing UBG and no coherent plan that managed to mill me out with Ipnu Rivulet because they happened to get enough creatures out to make it hard for me to win combat, Bontu's Last Reckoning, and played just enough deserts to do it after turn a billion. Though I think my match wins all hinged on gathering up every single burn spell in the pod and creatures with menace or afflict.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
What's the most efficient way of neutralising Hazoret now that Grasp is leaving?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Rinkles posted:

What's the most efficient way of neutralising Hazoret now that Grasp is leaving?

Playing a good format

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Rinkles posted:

Hour of glory probably.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Rinkles posted:

Cast Out

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rinkles posted:

Hour of Devastation.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

gif Probst posted:

Hour of Devastation.

I'm glad to have woken up to some funny poo poo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Rinkles posted:

Unsummon.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
I'm gonna vouch, InterrupterJones is a good dude who does good things. He is cool to hang with.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mikujin posted:

Playing a good format

Rinkles posted:

Your own hazoret.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Rinkles posted:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Hostage taker if you are in u/b, vraska's contempt otherwise

removal in this standard isn't good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Rinkles posted:

Whirler Virtuoso.

Mikujin posted:

Playing a good format

The only format Hazorat isn't good in is Vintage.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Whirler Virtuoso.

The only format Hazorat isn't good in is Vintage.

Gonna need to see some proof for Legacy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

Was partially joking. I went 3-1 in a local legacy event with Jund playing 2x Hazoret. The deck is terrible but Hazoret was great!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Was partially joking. I went 3-1 in a local legacy event with Jund playing 2x Hazoret. The deck is terrible but Hazoret was great!

I got curious and looked it up and it actually does show up infrequently in some Dragon Stompy lists.

And Modern Affinity lists, among other things :stare:

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hazoret sees play in Dragon Stompy. Not sure it's good, but sees play for sure

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

TheKingofSprings posted:

I got curious and looked it up and it actually does show up infrequently in some Dragon Stompy lists.

And Modern Affinity lists, among other things :stare:

I got 2nd place in 2 PPTQ's with Affinity with Hazoret. It's INSANE. It's going to be standard issue soon.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I got 2nd place in 2 PPTQ's with Affinity with Hazoret. It's INSANE. It's going to be standard issue soon.

I need to see this in action

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Walked posted:

It makes a lot of sense as a card because KoCo decks have a hell of a time answering it, and it hedges against Wraths and ensures even those critical beginning of game pieces that are dead late are live.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Walked posted:

Finals one of them i had a T2 Hazorat. Lost that game lol.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 17, 2017

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Ok, anyone have any idea why in the middle of a draft on MTGO the client crashes? Some cards showed up as black rectangles before that, scrolling was wonky, and until the draft timed out trying to open the game up just reopened that draft and crashed it. Trying to open the league details also doesn't work and just causes a crash.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

xanthan posted:

Ok, anyone have any idea why in the middle of a draft on MTGO the client crashes? Some cards showed up as black rectangles before that, scrolling was wonky, and until the draft timed out trying to open the game up just reopened that draft and crashed it. Trying to open the league details also doesn't work and just causes a crash.

Because Magic Online is a quality program.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

TheKingofSprings posted:

It makes a lot of sense as a card because KoCo decks have a hell of a time answering it, and it hedges against Wraths and ensures even those critical beginning of game pieces that are dead late are live.

and lets not forget that fatal push is worthless against it

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

[quote="“xanthan”" post="“476485763”"]
Ok, anyone have any idea why in the middle of a draft on MTGO the client crashes? Some cards showed up as black rectangles before that, scrolling was wonky, and until the draft timed out trying to open the game up just reopened that draft and crashed it. Trying to open the league details also doesn’t work and just causes a crash.
[/quote]

When I switched computers, I went from mtgo being a crashy, buggy mess to playing pretty much flawlessly. This was going down on overall specs too. *thinkyface*

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
I missed Patrick Sullivan. His love for stone rains matches mine.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

mcmagic posted:

You have a decklist? Last I saw bomat affinity was the latest development.

Also what are you cutting? 4 cmc just seems extravagant for affinity, especially when path is something.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I put some decorations up in my previously barren office.

I think the next addition will be all 5 of Rebecca Guay's basic lands she did for Commander.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 17, 2017

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

came back in from a day drinking with family to Tom Ross being in the top 4 with 8-rack, wtf is going on!

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

AceClown posted:

came back in from a day drinking with family to Tom Ross being in the top 4 with 8-rack, wtf is going on!

The Boss being awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

LordAbaddon posted:

and lets not forget that fatal push is worthless against it

Yes it is also quite good against GDS lemme tell you.