Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
At least now we get a rematch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

holy poo poo boxing is a farce

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Still less egregious than Pacquiao/Horn

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Intruder posted:

At least now we get a rematch

This is exactly why it was scored a "draw"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

This is exactly why it was scored a "draw"

Which is a damned shame because the fight merited a rematch no matter what. Golovkin won, let him win. He's getting older. Canelo might win the next one and if he doesn't you can work that one into a draw to get the trilogy.

I guess Canelo could get sparked in the second fight, so maybe the boxing people have this call right. They've been at corruption for way longer than any of us have.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status/909279022370062338

:laffo:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

They've been at corruption for way longer than any of us have.

I mean they've got this poo poo down, they know what they're doing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey guys welcome to being alive in 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/909384837018112000

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

why am i not surprised weird poo poo happened in boxing

like it happens every big fight

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's always fun when new people get introduced to Adalaide Byrd. She's been a terrible judge for years and is even worse when involved with MMA fights.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Grittybeard posted:

Which is a damned shame because the fight merited a rematch no matter what. Golovkin won, let him win. He's getting older. Canelo might win the next one and if he doesn't you can work that one into a draw to get the trilogy.

I guess Canelo could get sparked in the second fight, so maybe the boxing people have this call right. They've been at corruption for way longer than any of us have.

I don't think Byrd is corrupt, she is literally just an unimaginably bad judge for any combat sports. There is a very strong chance she only half pays attentions to the fights she is judging and just writes whatever she feels like on the card. She's been a disaster for years and everyone knows it but the NSAC just doesn't give a poo poo.

I can't wait for the rematch though.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Rosie Perez should be a judge.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I'm sick as hell friends and it ain't great

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jota posted:

I don't think Byrd is corrupt, she is literally just an unimaginably bad judge for any combat sports. There is a very strong chance she only half pays attentions to the fights she is judging and just writes whatever she feels like on the card. She's been a disaster for years and everyone knows it but the NSAC just doesn't give a poo poo.

I can't wait for the rematch though.

This is exactly it. NSAC doesn't run on corruption so much as it runs on nepotism. It took Steve Mazzagatti basically letting people die in the cage before reacting over a period of years before he finally stopped getting work.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Zerilan posted:

GoT spoiler thread kind of just bounces back and forth between talking about how the show is trash compared to the books and talking about how the later books are kind of trash too.

Both of these are true.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
My wedding is in a month on a Saturday and I legit had family members RSVP no because they had tickets to the Tennessee / USC game

Rocky top, bitch

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
I got a call Friday to go back to work through my union's hiring hall. I was seriously worried I was going to pull a lovely schedule of 6 days week and miss CFB this fall. Instead I'm on 4 10s and an 8 and can still football it up on the weekends. I'd say that's a success.

Blitz7x posted:

My wedding is in a month on a Saturday and I legit had family members RSVP no because they had tickets to the Tennessee / USC game

Rocky top, bitch

My wife was seriously worried our child would be born on a weekend Tennessee played... then she realized our kid is due in March and there won't be any football going on. I'm relieved by this too.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Blitz7x posted:

Rocky top, bitch

Thats your fault.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blitz7x posted:

Rocky top, bitch

lmfao if you didn't have a two year engagement to skip football season

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Sir Thats Gross posted:

My wife was seriously worried our child would be born on a weekend Tennessee played... then she realized our kid is due in March and there won't be any football going on. I'm relieved by this too.

Lol if you don't use the stars like some ancient astrologist to plan out the conception of your child to allow for a convenient offseason birthday.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Remember when the NFL had that commercial for all the babies made after the super bowl

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

swickles posted:

Thats your fault.

It is, but I would have been murdered in my sleep if I went another month without giving her a ring

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Blitz7x posted:

Rocky top, bitch

sounds like lovely family

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember when the NFL had that commercial for all the babies made after the super bowl

I laughed at that commercial

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/909138052420907010

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Blitz7x posted:

Rocky top, bitch

which USC?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The bad one

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

The bad one

So which USC :v:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Its Rinaldo posted:

Lol if you don't use the stars like some ancient astrologist to plan out the conception of your child to allow for a convenient offseason birthday.

My dad said he used astrology to make sure I was born on 420

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No one makes a baby after the Superbowl.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Sorry for the double post, but gently caress, the Seahawks are terrible this year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm watching Wrestlemania 9 and oh my god the wrestling is awful

Granted, this is Crush vs Doink

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

I'm watching Wrestlemania 9 and oh my god the wrestling is awful

Granted, this is Crush vs Doink

Matt Osbourne Doink was actually a decent wrestler

Crush was just a loving goon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Alaois posted:

Matt Osbourne Doink was actually a decent wrestler

Crush was just a loving goon

A second Doink shows up and Bobby Heenan goes on about what a great illusion it is, it's great

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

A second Doink shows up and Bobby Heenan goes on about what a great illusion it is, it's great

Well folks, were there two Doinks? You be the judge.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The ending where Hogan becomes champ despite not being involved in the match is peak Hogan

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Intruder posted:

The ending where Hogan becomes champ despite not being involved in the match is peak Hogan

i was a young mark and when i heard that happened even i was like how

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

9 work days left at this job

the amount i care about things happening around me is declining rapidly

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ehud posted:

9 work days left at this job

the amount i care about things happening around me is declining rapidly

-Jay Cutler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Good imo

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/21856015_1564384306945252_7745713213253091328_n.mp4

• Locked thread