Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Looper posted:

I don't know what this means

The first thing I saw on google was a terrible article that included talking about his vore fetish

"surely not"

then I saw how the fight goes in the original

surely so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Looper posted:

Me and my big mouth.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Looper posted:

Looks like we got a real Lou Clarke on our hands

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I am bonafide stuck in Metroid.

There Metroid husk hint is here.

I haven't been able to figure how to get into this room over here.

This is what I currently have unlocked.

Anyone got any ideas?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The spring ball upgrade is somewhere you haven’t explored yet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Is it in this zone?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah I think so, but I’m not exactly sure where it is. I remember crawling up a tall wall with the spider ball, and going into a door and fighting a boss if that helps.

Edit: I just looked at my map and I think it’s in a room to the upper right of you. You need to climb a wall in the big open area to get to it. The room with the powerup is above where you might’ve fought a Metroid.

hatty fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 17, 2017

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There's a giant impossible to miss hole in the middle of the big dam in area 2 and this is like the 4th time ive seen someone not go there and get stuck.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I think where the blue pin is is where you want to be, but those other orbs could be it too.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I found it! I should have used the scanner more often.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

You call yourself a detective....

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DoctorWhat posted:

You can finish the Mother Metroid in like 3 minutes if you think like Griffin McElroy.

Oh poo poo that still works? I didn't try it

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

I found it! I should have used the scanner more often.

You should use it constantly, the game expects you to use it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
FYI you can super bomb jump with the power bombs. The game doesn't tell you that and it's pretty useful.

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
Is monster hunter stories good? I am not a MH fan.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So wait, Hyrule Warriors on N3DS is actually good?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unplayable on o3DS, apparently better than the original (resolution aside) on new.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzz posted:

Super good, although it's a slippery slope you can easily dump hundreds of hours in to. I was thinking of trading my copy in for Samus Returns before I am gripped with the collection fever again.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fuzz posted:

It's alright.

There's a bunch of gameplay tweaks to rebalance everything so leveling up works better and the adventure map mode unlocks in a more logical progression, so overall with DLC added in there's even more to do than on console. It's debatable if that's a good thing or not though, considering how loving endless it already was on console. If you have a New3DS it's not a bad way to play.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only downside compared to the WiiU version is the downgraded graphics everything else is improved and it runs fine on a New.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yeah Adventure Mode in Hyrule Warriors has like hundreds of hours of content and if you do everything in it you may be insane.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
One thing I miss from the Wii U version is that one of the characters had a weapon that would summon smaller (sometimes multiple) copies of the boss monsters as its attacks.
It's still in the 3DS one but the 3DS couldn't handle it so they change the boss models to just orbs :orb:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fuzz posted:

It has a ton of content and a lot of people like it but I personally found it unplayable even on a New 3DS. I just feel like that kind of game is too detailed for such a low resolution screen.

I’d recommend the Wii U version over it if you have one. I wouldn’t be shocked to see it be released on Switch eventually as well.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

teraflame posted:

You don't need to be a Monster Hunter fan to enjoy it. For me it's kind of scratching that Pokemon itch, even though at some point I got tired of whatever Pokemon has become and don't play the new releases anymore.

You collect "monsties" by going into monster dens, sometimes killing their mother or just taking an egg while they sleep. You then raise that monstie as your own... you also get bonuses for wearing the skin of the same type of monster as armor while you have them active. :black101: ( Yes, this is a kids game. )

It's pretty much a standard RPG, skills/leveling/story/quests/combat. Some monsties are better than others, some are harder to find/catch than others. There's also "gene syncing" where you sacrifice one monstie to another so it gets bettter skills.

I'm really enjoying it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm at the end of the game for Samus Returns, and how do I make this stupid Metroid eat? There's like two blue crystals at the top of the screen that neither jumping at nor pointing at with L will get it to eat the crystals. Please, just loving eat the crystals, I swear to god.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Pollyanna posted:

I'm at the end of the game for Samus Returns, and how do I make this stupid Metroid eat? There's like two blue crystals at the top of the screen that neither jumping at nor pointing at with L will get it to eat the crystals. Please, just loving eat the crystals, I swear to god.

Spider ball near it and wait.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If it's the one I'm thinking of, spider ball won't work cause there's spikes. You have to powerbomb jump up to it.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

teraflame posted:

Download the demo and find out yourself. The demo is 3-4 hours long and you can transfer the save.

I like it myself. It is more like dragon quest monsters or monster rancher than pokemon. Combat is a chose a rock paper scissors attack. You are supposed to figure out monster patterns to wreck combat. It much easier than other monster hunter games but more difficult than pokemon.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I am bonafide stuck in Metroid.
Funny thing, I was stuck trying to find the last Metroid in this area and discovered that the game actually requires you to make a pretty huge bomb jump which, as far as I know, no other game has ever put in the critical path. At least it's super easy to do in this one.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DaveKap posted:

Funny thing, I was stuck trying to find the last Metroid in this area and discovered that the game actually requires you to make a pretty huge bomb jump which, as far as I know, no other game has ever put in the critical path. At least it's super easy to do in this one.

Dunno which Metroid you're talking about but that 100% wasn't the intended way to reach it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

DaveKap posted:

I can't bomb jump for poo poo so yeah I think you may have gone up the exit route or something

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why can't you just space jump up all of that?

EDIT - wait, I misunderstood you. Nevermind.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wendell posted:

You call yourself a detective....

Detectives ask a lot of questions. Hard questions. Like where to go after getting the Spring Ball in Metroid, or how someone could really get Mew in Pokemon Red without a GameShark.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Detectives ask a lot of questions. Hard questions. Like where to go after getting the Spring Ball in Metroid, or how someone could really get Mew in Pokemon Red without a GameShark.

It is bullshit that you can't transfer a Mew out of Pokémon Red btw

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

These grinder drill chases are loving bullshit. The end of the third one is a fiddly piece of poo poo with those red spikes, goddamn.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Fuzz posted:

These grinder drill chases are loving bullshit. The end of the third one is a fiddly piece of poo poo with those red spikes, goddamn.

I had to try that last level of it twice but ultimately I'm just glad that the upgrades you pass aren't locked out forever if you don't get them

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I uh, did that part in one go without issue amazingly. I was surprised myself.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

anecdotally i only died once in the chase sequence

i am indifferent about it

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Kaubocks posted:

anecdotally i only died once in the chase sequence

i am indifferent about it

It's metroid so you're contractually obligated to have a timed escape sequence from something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I had to try that last level of it twice but ultimately I'm just glad that the upgrades you pass aren't locked out forever if you don't get them

I died twice on the final bit, then posted here, then promptly beat it on the next attempt, as usual.