Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Taintrunner posted:

day crew/nite crew

Conch Shell Corp posted:

That limo had a wife and kids

this poor child is now an orphan RIP

Lastgirl posted:

"you're the animals, you're the animals" I insist as I continue to spew vitriolic, divisive and shallow rhetoric

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

r e a d m y s i g b i t h c

i read it and the original comment it's based on

it's...a work of art
:discourse:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Taintrunner posted:

day crew: weak, flamboyant, looking down on the good people of the galaxy

nite crew: strong, civilized, well dressed, plotting to overthrow the tyrants for the freedom of all

E: also this

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i read it and the original comment it's based on

it's...a work of art
:discourse:

l o l d i d y o u e v e n c l i c k m y l i n k s h o n :wink:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://twitter.com/RobMorroLiberty/status/908853351856603136

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

wow youre a big timer now

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

l o l d i d y o u e v e n c l i c k m y l i n k s h o n :wink:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mued'diballs

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKYQNtF11eg

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

punchymcpunch posted:

day crew

night crew

d&d

im orac

Well DnD has a self-described Nietzschian who doesn't understand Nietzsche so that tracks

lol the nitecrew is lead by a scheming sociopath and dies in a hail of gunfire

Still though if the nitecrew lives up to their rep, they are

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Nebakenezzer posted:

Well DnD has a self-described Nietzschian who doesn't understand Nietzsche so that tracks

we aint got a rep we just got what we do :cmon:

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

:peanut:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

we aint got a rep we just got what we do :cmon:

well so do the cast of Farscape

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nebakenezzer posted:

*fatly, australian* talyn....*eyes bulging* starburst

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tag urself im steven seagal jr

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

punchymcpunch posted:

idk pls help

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

so, crichton

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

like 75% of all space people shows are descended from blakes 7 if you ask me

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

ive been watching gerry anderson's UFO lately and its really funny

everyone drives a beige delorean

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Squizzle posted:

so, crichton

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

farscape has a puppet catfish in a bathrobe

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

well yeah, what do you wear to catfish dudes???

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

punchymcpunch posted:

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

punchymcpunch posted:

smooth-talking S&M skeleton

Scorpius is the best

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Nebakenezzer posted:

smooth-talking S&M skeleton

Scorpius is the best

Hell, I'll say it out loud: Scorpius is the best.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

folks i think captain maclaines implanted neural chip had taken control of him

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Crais probably has my favorite arc on the show, but Scorpius is a great villain, and I absolutely love that his 'redemption' involves nothing about his goals or ethics changing, just his circumstances.

I watched the first hour of Star Trek: The Motion Picture on the way home from work today for some reason. The Enterprise has almost started on its way. (That is barely an exaggeration.)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

docbeard posted:

Crais probably has my favorite arc on the show, but Scorpius is a great villain, and I absolutely love that his 'redemption' involves nothing about his goals or ethics changing, just his circumstances.

Crais's arc is good, no doubt. I love the ambiguity about Scorpius, though. He's clearly a ruthless antagonist when we first meet him and while he gets a lot more understandable as things go you never fully know if his motivations are real or just another layer of deception and intrigue. I mean just think of that last scene in Peacekeeper War when Graiza and the Emperor finally sign the armistice or whatever and he's standing there, smirking.

Squizzle posted:

folks i think captain maclaines implanted neural chip had taken control of him

Shut up, Harv.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Crais's arc is good, no doubt. I love the ambiguity about Scorpius, though. He's clearly a ruthless antagonist when we first meet him and while he gets a lot more understandable as things go you never fully know if his motivations are real or just another layer of deception and intrigue. I mean just think of that last scene in Peacekeeper War when Graiza and the Emperor finally sign the armistice or whatever and he's standing there, smirking.

Scorpius is an almost unique combination of someone who is incredibly subtle and deceitful and someone who has a very clear, very simple goal that informs absolutely everything he does over the course of the series. He's such a well-realized character.

I also love that he (a) believes that John likes him, really and (b) that everyone would just naturally be on his side if they only understood how bad Scarrans are.

The two-parter at the end of Season 3 is so masterful in so many ways. It's really a shame that Season 4 disappeared up itself so badly (though I really, really like the finale).

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

docbeard posted:

I also love that he (a) believes that John likes him, really and (b) that everyone would just naturally be on his side if they only understood how bad Scarrans are.

TRUMP!!!!!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the last few episodes of season 3 are among my most rewatched episodes of television in the past decade

theyre so fuckin loving good

that one timid dino-man scientist working on wormhole garbage w john is a lowkey amazing character

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

not sure if i watched those eps or unrealized reality more

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

docbeard posted:

Scorpius is an almost unique combination of someone who is incredibly subtle and deceitful and someone who has a very clear, very simple goal that informs absolutely everything he does over the course of the series. He's such a well-realized character.

The two-parter at the end of Season 3 is so masterful in so many ways. It's really a shame that Season 4 disappeared up itself so badly (though I really, really like the finale).

Into the Lion's Den and We're So Screwed are such great sequences.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Into the Lion's Den and We're So Screwed are such great sequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcE10tcgi6U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HncASDdnt0E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1tysbVaVE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjRBFkxSefg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjIH0drdn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_3CDW6EZpQ

what you should know:
  • john crichton is the only human. other characters who look human, arent
  • every main character is a criminal
  • the peacekeepers are authoritarian racists. aeryn and crais used to be part of them
  • moya is a huge ship. she is alive. her species has no space weapons. talyn is her son
  • talyn was created thru peacekeeper experiments to make a living spaceship that had guns. hes mentally unstable. hes formed a relationship w crais
  • crais is unstable
  • space science made two john crichtons by accident. one went on talyn. one went on moya. they were absolutely identical when they were created. the john on talyn had a relationship w aeryn. he died, doing hero poo poo
  • scorpius is half peacekeeper, half scarran. he thinks the scarrans are terrible. the scarrans and peacekeepers are at war
  • scorpius put a copy of himself in johns brain. it appears as an hallucination. it can help john, and it can serve scorpius. john calls it harvey
  • super smart aliens dumped everything they know about wormholes into johns brain. he hasnt been able to use it all consciously yet. scorpius knows its there and wants it to use against the scarrans

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Squizzle posted:

[*]scorpius is half peacekeeper, half scarran. he thinks the scarrans are terrible. the scarrans and peacekeepers are at war

The Peacekeepers and Scarrans are in a cold war of sorts, until the events of the opening sequence of the Peacekeeper Wars series concluder, when Scorpius launches a preemptive attack on a Scarran convoy, ushering in what High Command calls, "the last war of our era!" :eng101:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

was there a lady villain on farscape who had a servalan haircut? i think there was. if so pretty nice nod

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i should really do a farscape rewatch cos ive p much forgotten it all

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief
so we are jus' gon' not mention firefly
:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
There are like two really good episodes of Firefly and no one would give a poo poo about the rest if it got a second season.

• Locked thread