Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
Is the dust just for stuff from Eververse, or is there something else I can buy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Tess gave me the Black Plague ornament for the Rat King today, if I equip it is that it on forever or can I take it off and on at will?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Linx posted:

Tess gave me the Black Plague ornament for the Rat King today, if I equip it is that it on forever or can I take it off and on at will?

On forever.

You can choose to use it or not but it will be stuck to the weapon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Blakkout posted:

Is the dust just for stuff from Eververse, or is there something else I can buy?

Just Eververse.

There's no button to remove an ornament from an exotic but if you get really sick of it you could always pull a bare one from the vault and infuse the ornamented one into it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

cvnvcnv posted:

On forever.

You can choose to use it or not but it will be stuck to the weapon.

I think he means if you can toggle the ornament on and off which I don't know because I only have Merciless with the white ornament and it looks so fantastic I'm never taking it off

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
People keep talking about getting tons of Ghosts, but I've only ever got one from a Bright.

But, it was the Warlock one on my Warlock in the color scheme I have all my equipment. So, I'm not complaining at all.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Calaveron posted:

I think he means if you can toggle the ornament on and off which I don't know because I only have Merciless with the white ornament and it looks so fantastic I'm never taking it off

Correct. Apply the ornament and it is forever stuck to the weapon, but you can toggle the appearance back and forth at will.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hard Light :c00l:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I've heard people talking about using alts to boost their main light level. What is the deal there? Something about resetting Milestones?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
if you're not using a slug shotgun lmao you're loving up

also sturm feels really lovely to aim at first but it's like a scout rifle once you get used to it, three-taps at some pretty nice ranges

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
How are people specing their Strikers for PvP as far as mobility/resilience/recovery?

I'm inclined to max resilience and put whatever's left into recovery like I did in D1. Is it true that each is capped at 10? Can mods bring me above 10?

Also, are Lightning nades bad enough now to warrant using Pulses instead?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

strangemusic posted:

I've heard people talking about using alts to boost their main light level. What is the deal there? Something about resetting Milestones?

An alt of the same class can share items. Strip down, slap all your high-level gear in the vault, reach level 20 with the alt and put that gear back on to get back to the level you were, and now you have a second set of weekly milestones to do that will give you rewards appropriate for your level. You'll get higher level from the first set of milestones, then switch over and do the second set foe higher level still.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Linx posted:

Exotic weapon ornaments are like Destiny 1's shaders - they are infinite use and you can toggle them on or off. Applying the ornament won't use it up.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Funkmaster General posted:

An alt of the same class can share items. Strip down, slap all your high-level gear in the vault, reach level 20 with the alt and put that gear back on to get back to the level you were, and now you have a second set of weekly milestones to do that will give you rewards appropriate for your level. You'll get higher level from the first set of milestones, then switch over and do the second set foe higher level still.

This doesn't work anymore, just as a warning to everyone. I wasted a bunch of hours this week doing it. I believe that the powerful engrams on your second character of a class are now capped. I was light level 290 or something on my second warlock and got 280 capped powerful engrams.

I then leveled a hunter as a third character and moved weapons over to him. Got him to 290 somewhat quickly, then got powerful engrams and they were 292+ as you would expect.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Sep 17, 2017

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Exotic weapon ornaments are like Destiny 1's shaders - they are infinite use and you can toggle them on or off. Applying the ornament won't use it up.

Getting a couple of conflicting answers on this, is it tied to the weapon I used it on or will it be available on all Rat Kings?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it's tied to all of the weapons, not just the one you equip it on.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Finally got a decent damage (265) hand cannon to infuse into sunshot. Hadn't gotten a hand cannon drop pretty much since i hit 20 (sturm doesn't count). Also got the raiden flux, but haven't had much of a chance to see how it is though.

So i did the 4 matches to get to the crucible milestone.
Match 1: dominated with quickfang :getin:
Match 2: got completely dominated. It was terrible.
Match 3(comp): back and forth, we lost in the end.
Match 4 (comp): back and forth, we ended winning.

Didn't really see anyone running Midas. Maybe I'm so poo poo that the midas people run in a higher bracket? Are there even brackets?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it's tied to all of the weapons, not just the one you equip it on.

So if i infuse a 296 hard light into something and then pull it out of my vault again later, i still have the ornament?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man I'm glad they removed the KEK armor but I wish they had kept the same design while changing just the texture
I wanted the skintight armblade ninja armor instead of the pouches and the wraps seen in other gear

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I finally got a better devils. What's a good energy weapon to use with it?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Calaveron posted:

Man I'm glad they removed the KEK armor but I wish they had kept the same design while changing just the texture
I wanted the skintight armblade ninja armor instead of the pouches and the wraps seen in other gear

The crucible gear is the same model.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

So if i infuse a 296 hard light into something and then pull it out of my vault again later, i still have the ornament?

poo poo, yeah. It apparently ties to the account. Could have sworn I didn't see it on a dupe Merciless but an ornament application gets logged in your Vault's Collection.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man loving hell. You know what's worse than the planet gear ya'll craving? The god drat completely RNG Knight errant set for the hunter. It's the best hunter set by far and you have to get it from random legendary Engram drops.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

This doesn't work anymore, just as a warning to everyone. I wasted a bunch of hours this week doing it. I believe that the powerful engrams on your second character of a class are now capped. I was light level 290 or something on my second warlock and got 280 capped powerful engrams.

I then leveled a hunter as a third character and moved weapons over to him. Got him to 290 somewhat quickly, then got powerful engrams and they were 292+ as you would expect.

Not saying necessarily that this is what happened to you, but a LOT of people who are claiming they're recieving rewards below their level are actually just wrong about their level. Your displayed LL includes power added by purple mods, but everything that calculates level for drops, including luminous engrams, uses only the base level of your gear.

If you have a 280 piece of armor and luminous engrams drop 276 pieces, that's because your gear is actually 275 and you have a mod on it adding 5. Infuse that 276 into the 280 and it'll turn 281.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

QuasiQuack posted:

The crucible gear is the same model.

I'm really bad at crucible

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
I shouldn't need to say it, but just in case: Outside of the main story missions, Titan is the best planet.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

FishBulb posted:

I finally got a better devils. What's a good energy weapon to use with it?

Are you a hunter? Sunshot. Not a hunter? Uriel's gift.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Coldforge posted:

I shouldn't need to say it, but just in case: Outside of the main story missions, Titan is the best planet.

It's boring and it's full of hive. The scenery is pretty but the actual playable areas are just dark technotunnels ala Venus or dark gross bug hallways
I mean I hope there isn't another hive expansion because oh boy another pitch black area full of Thralls followed by a big open area where a bunch of acolytes, knights and witches are doing some creepy ritual we HAVE TO STOP NOW we haven't seen that literally 58 times

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Calaveron posted:

I'm really bad at crucible

Good news! Crucible rewards are disconnected from your performance. If you really really want the armor set you just have to claw your way through enough matches and you'll get it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

QuasiQuack posted:

Good news! Crucible rewards are disconnected from your performance. If you really really want the armor set you just have to claw your way through enough matches and you'll get it

I'm really bad at crucible and my ego is usually wounded

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Coldforge posted:

Titan is the best planet.

Because it punches you in the balls?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Not saying necessarily that this is what happened to you, but a LOT of people who are claiming they're recieving rewards below their level are actually just wrong about their level. Your displayed LL includes power added by purple mods, but everything that calculates level for drops, including luminous engrams, uses only the base level of your gear.

If you have a 280 piece of armor and luminous engrams drop 276 pieces, that's because your gear is actually 275 and you have a mod on it adding 5. Infuse that 276 into the 280 and it'll turn 281.

I'm not wrong, I went and made a hunter and did the same poo poo and got 292+ powerful engrams. I was getting 280 on the nose from my second warlock, lower than the powerful engrams I had been getting from my primary warlock with the same gear.

And my gear is 291 average, meaning at worse if you take your theory I should have been getting 286. Thanks for your basic explanation for how mods work though.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 17, 2017

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Calaveron posted:

It's boring and it's full of hive. The scenery is pretty but the actual playable areas are just dark technotunnels ala Venus or dark gross bug hallways
I mean I hope there isn't another hive expansion because oh boy another pitch black area full of Thralls followed by a big open area where a bunch of acolytes, knights and witches are doing some creepy ritual we HAVE TO STOP NOW we haven't seen that literally 58 times

I like those though :cheers:

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

mikeraskol posted:

Yeah same poo poo happened to me on my dupe titan. Just finished the campaign takes about 6 hours with a good amount of time running by enemies and skipping cutscenes

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

I'm not wrong, I went and made a hunter and did the same poo poo and got 292+ powerful engrams. I was getting 280 on the nose from my second warlock, lower than the powerful engrams I had been getting from my primary warlock with the same gear.

And my gear is 291 average, meaning at worse if you take your theory I should have been getting 286.

As I said, that might not have been what was happening to you, but it is what is happening to a lot of people making similar complaints and is therefor worth mentioning. Since this system didn't exist in D1, a lot of vets are falling victim to it because they *think* they understand how LL works but really don't.

I threw away a fair amount of gear that was better than what I had because I didn't pay attention to this, and I know I'm not alone. At ~280 I am still sometimes even getting blues that are actually better than my current gear once mods are removed from the calculations. I just want people to know to pay attention to it.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Calaveron posted:

Well the first expansion is almost certainly Vex so you get at least one before we go back to the Hive.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I think i've discovered another source of 265+ light. Because i'm a sad lorehound, I cleared all the EDZ missions, and the next time I visited Devrin he had four missions to replay. Quickly finished them, and got a legendary engram that decrypted to a 275ish smg. The missions haven't refreshed so hopefully this is a weekly thing.

I can't be sure though, so might be worth confirming. But this would be interesting if each planet has a weekly chain which can culminate in a 265+ engram.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

As I said, that might not have been what was happening to you, but it is what is happening to a lot of people making similar complaints and is therefor worth mentioning. Since this system didn't exist in D1, a lot of vets are falling victim to it because they *think* they understand how LL works but really don't.

I threw away a fair amount of gear that was better than what I had because I didn't pay attention to this, and I know I'm not alone. At ~280 I am still sometimes even getting blues that are actually better than my current gear once mods are removed from the calculations. I just want people to know to pay attention to it.

That's fine if you want to do a PSA about that, I'm just saying that's not what is going on and I want it to be clear here. Leveling a second character of the same class will not let you switch gear back and forth to turbo up your light level from powerful engrams. They are capped now on a second character of the same class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
Is there a separate discord for xbone? Looking for some nightfall, raid, or just running around doing world events.