Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I, like any reasonable fan of the sport, immediately tuned out as soon as I saw that no Scuderia Ferrari cars were running. But, if by some mistake you continued watching and were subjugated to Sky's horrible commentary, I imagine you were severely punished for your misdeed by having to hear so many times that this weekend was supposed to just be DAMAGE LIMITATION for Mercedes and now look what fortune the gods had wrought for the golden child of Britain!!!!

:barf::barf::barf::pooisshamilton::barf::barf:

no it wasn't dame limitation

it was a "miracle" #megairacle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I, like any reasonable fan of the sport, immediately tuned out as soon as I saw that no Scuderia Ferrari cars were running. But, if by some mistake you continued watching and were subjugated to Sky's horrible commentary, I imagine you were severely punished for your misdeed by having to hear so many times that this weekend was supposed to just be DAMAGE LIMITATION for Mercedes and now look what fortune the gods had wrought for the golden child of Britain!!!!

:barf::barf::barf::pooisshamilton::barf::barf:

Channel 4 is your answer. Why do you guys still watch and complain about Skys coverage when C4 is covering live? its is far more superior with great commentary and mostly impartial and unbiased views.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The only bias you get in NBC's coverage is Hobbs defending Honda, and then he gets called out on it because he owns a Honda dealership in Milwaukee.

You have to put up with commercials though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Watching the F1 legends thing, and Montoya is showing off his warehouse of cool poo poo including 1/4 scale jet RC planes.

e: His accent is noticably more 'murica now

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ban everyone except the scudposters, tia

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Falken posted:

Watching the F1 legends thing, and Montoya is showing off his warehouse of cool poo poo including 1/4 scale jet RC planes.

e: His accent is noticably more 'murica now

Where?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Nevermind found it and getting it all

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

No action over start crash, according to Autosport.

Bunch of frauds at FIA imo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Doc Morbid posted:

No action over start crash, according to Autosport.

Bunch of frauds at FIA imo

I would have expected a point on Vettel's license, but given that they all finished dead last without completing a lap (and especially massive implications in the WDC hunt), I can understand no action.

It did feel like a racing incident through and through, mostly because Vettel knew he had to stick it to Hamilton because Mercedes was open about "this is not our track" and gain as many points as he on Lewis as he could. Instead he dropped the ball on the one yard line and Mercedes took it the other way for a TD.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Channel 4 is your answer. Why do you guys still watch and complain about Skys coverage when C4 is covering live? its is far more superior with great commentary and mostly impartial and unbiased views.

I live in Taiwan where F1 is on Fox Sports so the English commentary is just Sky, which is just a little bit better than listening in Chinese. The best thing in the world is that Fox Sports 3 (a premium channel) shows it in HD and without commercials, but maybe for weird contractual reasons when FS 1 (SD, w/commercials and part of basic cable) goes to commercials the commentary track on FS3 goes silent and for a few minutes you get the raw audio feed, it owns.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I live in Taiwan where F1 is on Fox Sports so the English commentary is just Sky, which is just a little bit better than listening in Chinese. The best thing in the world is that Fox Sports 3 (a premium channel) shows it in HD and without commercials, but maybe for weird contractual reasons when FS 1 (SD, w/commercials and part of basic cable) goes to commercials the commentary track on FS3 goes silent and for a few minutes you get the raw audio feed, it owns.

Go meet up with wicka. He's just in the next province over on the mainland.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I hope Vettel takes a good long hard look at himself and finally realize that while you can never win a race on the first corner, you can certainly lose a race on the first corner so he should cut that poo poo out.
Seriously though, sportpersons jingoism aside, I hope Machionne takes him aside and explains that fiat haven't got to where they are by being first or even the best at anything, so LOL.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 17, 2017

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Wirth1000 posted:

Only if he agrees to be nice.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

POCKET CHOMP posted:

When I was watching Le Mans this year, it was sort of like that. FS Go had a dedicated Le Mans feed (because it would hop between FS1 and FS2, depending on what was scheduled for FS1), and whenever the race would go to commercial, you'd get no commentary and cars flying through the night.

Also NBC did that for a digital only F1 practice stream once.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fo3 posted:

I hope Vettel takes a good long hard look at himself and finally realize that while you can never win a race on the first corner, you can certainly lose a race on the first corner so he should cut that poo poo out.
Seriously though, sportpersons jingoism aside, I hope Machionne takes him aside and explains that fiat haven't got to where they are by being first or even the best at anything, so LOL.

Ferrari isnt part of FIAT anymore

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Best part of the race (possibly season) right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-qitmfvlI

First time in 11 years a Ferrari failed to finish.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
[quote="“Fo3”" post="“476487230”"]
Seriously though, sportpersons jingoism aside, I hope Machionne takes him aside and explains that fiat haven’t got to where they are by being first or even the best at anything, so LOL.
[/quote]

He just cost himself the WDC today. I wouldn’t like to be on the end of his phone when Marchionne calls.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wirth1000 posted:

Best part of the race (possibly season) right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-qitmfvlI

First time in 11 years a Ferrari failed to finish.

It, according to NBC, was the first time a Ferrari failed to make it past lap 1 ever.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

It, according to NBC, was the first time a Ferrari failed to make it past lap 1 ever.

Also just checked. Last time both Ferraris retired during a race was 2015 Mexico.

Sky Sports lied to me.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

1500quid's race review:

Shitrrari. Shitcrappen. Shitapore. Excellent drive by The Stroll.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Excellent drive by The Stroll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TkOhHEgvv4

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

He drove from 18th to 8th on a wet race in a Williams that are traditionally dogshit in the rain. You're loving retarded if you don't find that impressive as hell. Meanwhile pissbabby vandorne gained one loving place lmbo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

1500quidporsche posted:

He drove from 18th to 8th on a wet race in a Williams that are traditionally dogshit in the rain. You're loving retarded if you don't find that impressive as hell. Meanwhile pissbabby vandorne gained one loving place lmbo.

Not hard to go from 18th to 8th when half the grid DNFs

But yeah Stroll did okay

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The Stroll went from the back of the grid to being in the points - as I predicted, btw. The Stroll fuckin owns bones.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Also ban both ferraris and Verstappen for ruining a Nando podium, disgusting.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

1500quidporsche posted:

Also ban both ferraris and Verstappen for ruining a Nando podium, disgusting.

Poor loving Alonso can't catch a break

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Call me King Retard cause Stroll sucks and you've all been bought off by Lawrence Stroll.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The only credit I'll give him is that he's lovely enough but with a sprinkle of consistency letting him keep his nose clean during tricky condition races where he's so off the limit that he's simply not going fast enough to actually bin the car as everyone else who are capable of pushing sometimes go beyond and end up crashing out elevating Stroll up the standings.

*in high pitched acne ridden virgin voice of your typical Games poster* Stroll is the guy who plays PUBG by simply hoarding everything around the map and staying prone and hiding and ends up in the Top 10 out of 100 players without ever firing a shot simply by surviving.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

*in high pitched acne ridden virgin voice of your typical Games poster* Stroll is the guy who plays PUBG by simply hoarding everything around the map and staying prone and hiding and ends up in the Top 10 out of 100 players without ever firing a shot simply by surviving.

What.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Yeah.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
[quote="“Wirth1000”" post="“476487930”"]
Call me King Retard cause Stroll sucks and you’ve all been bought off by Lawrence Stroll.
[/quote]

King Retard it is, I guess.

I mean you’re actively arguing against the fact that The Stroll drove a hell of a race, carved through the pack from the back and closed the gap on a teammate who is vastly more experienced whilst in the same garbage machinery on a track he’s never driven. Oh, and in the wet, where some of the best drivers on the grid ate poo poo like GP3 rookies. :shrug:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Real talk for a moment: I think Stroll has gotten better, or at the very least, more consistent, especially since Canada. He's not the bin man he used to be, but is he a top flight talent? Nah. I'd say he's solidly midpack right now.

I think the fact that he's a pay driver really hurts his perception though.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Wirth1000 posted:

So triggered.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

iospace posted:

Real talk for a moment: I think Stroll has gotten better, or at the very least, more consistent, especially since Canada. He's not the bin man he used to be, but is he a top flight talent? Nah. I'd say he's solidly midpack right now.

I think the fact that he's a pay driver really hurts his perception though.

Can you change Wirth’s username to ‘King Retard’ please? Tia.

Also, The Stroll owns.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
jesus christ when did you guys start writing for the Toronto Star?

https://www.thestar.com/sports/auto-racing/2017/09/08/lance-stroll-to-mercedes-dont-bet-against-it.html

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth's continued meltdown over The Stroll being so good is beautiful. Are you not a patriot my friend?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Wirth's continued meltdown over The Stroll being so good is beautiful. Are you not a patriot my friend?

I'd rather see James "Hollywood" Hinchcliffe or Robert "Hideious" Wickens or Latifi from F2 than Lance Stroll.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Does Bottas have any other setting other than "Psychopath eyes"?

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

How in the gently caress Stroll gets as much positive mention around here as he does makes no sense at all to me.

He isn't Palmer levels of awful, but he hasn't really proven anything yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

I'd rather see James "Hollywood" Hinchcliffe or Robert "Hideious" Wickens or Latifi from F2 than Lance Stroll.

Hinchcliffe is too fun for Formula One.

• Locked thread