Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Goons are getting into ASL now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
afreeca player is a laggy mess for me. The downloader that got posted works fine, though.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

animatorZed posted:

afreeca player is a laggy mess for me. The downloader that got posted works fine, though.

VOD is up on youtube too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwraGZl7MJk

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Did larva gain like 50lbs?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Light losing 2 TvZs and winning a TvP to not get out feels like some sort of bizarro world, but good for Larva

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

we live in the best timeline

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Group A wasn't that great but if you are like me and really missed BW then it was serviceable

Group B had some really odd stuff going on and I wasn't feeling that much but y'all do need to check the final game
I thought Stork was dead for real, if I go back over the VOD I'll probably catch exactly where it turned, but it was still crazy to me that he pulled that off

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Day 1 was worth it for Larva's ridiculous antics.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrqsqrGlisc
VOD up on a real website.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

(Day 2 spoilers)

Someone tell me how Stork won g5. That was some vintage 2010 Stork, holy poo poo. That push breaking was immaculate after he lost those first two bases.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Elyv posted:

(Day 2 spoilers)

It was a great comeback. Stasis + psi storm were used just right. The Terran tank army was also sacrificed to get that Nexus, and I guess it wasn't worth it.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Group C Final Game

That was pretty much the most TvT ever. As someone who likes TvT I relaly enjoyed it. Intense . I do think that Rush probably could have won it but like the castors said, it's REALLY hard to gauge how far ahead you are in TvT

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbG6ixavW4M
New video, and the first matchup is the appropriate Effort vs Lazy :laugh:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Man, those super late game TvTs are so exhausting to watch.

I don't even want to know how exhausting it is to maintain 300 APM over 45 minutes.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

WDIIA posted:

Group C Final Game

I loved the initiative shown with those doom drops. Mind is lucky to have made it out of there. And what a crazy siege line.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Just caught up on the first 2 days. Always astounding how often players come back and win from seemingly dire situations. :aaa:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

TvT is the best matchup because it's a full on WAR. You almost never see the entire map being taken up like that, nor nearly the entire tech tree being put to good use. It's one hell of a slugfest.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Final games of day 2 and 3 were awesome. Jaedong playing this weekend? :O

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

TvT is so much more fun to watch with the zoom-out feature

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007
long-rear end TvT slugfests where both players are fighting for their lives just to claim inches of map are some of my favorite games

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Weren't there supposed to be some games from now to Tuesday? It's already the 18th in Korea but I haven't seen any videos of the supposed game on the 17th.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I think it's monday-wednesday this week.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Weren't there supposed to be some games from now to Tuesday? It's already the 18th in Korea but I haven't seen any videos of the supposed game on the 17th.

http://www.afreecatv.com/aslenglish says the next game is on the 18th (mon, tue, wed for some reason).

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
Looking forward to seeing some Dong this week.

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Just went to the store, and now I am watching mass corsair with d-web in pvt.:crossarms:

Winners' game was pretty cool as well.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Everyone make sure you watch Group D loser's :siren:

I've spent way more time than I'd care to admit watching starcraft and I don't think I've seen a game like it

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
Looks like day 4 is up on youtube finally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0VVj1BMu8

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Loiku posted:

timestamp for the corsair PvT game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0VVj1BMu8&t=6224s

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Loiku posted:

I bless the Rain down in Afreeca

e: what the gently caress is this 4th game, Ghosts and D-Web Corsairs

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 18, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Out of all the theory-crafted "if pros used this it would actually be useful" that are out there, I've always thought D-Web had the most potential. I will lol forever if in 2017 it actually becomes part of the meta
It was an odd serious of counters that led us there, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else gives it a shot at some point

EDIT: In Group F, FBH showed that even after all the time away he's back in classic form and got wrecked by Protoss as usual. I respect that he was going a modified Deep Six but I have no idea why he was trying to contest the nat low ground so much

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 19, 2017

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
It looks like Disruption Web is almost useful, but just costs a little too much mana from a unit with no other purpose in the matchup.

Maybe if you shoot down enough science vessels while you're at it, that could be worth the cost of the Corsairs?

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

I would love a super minor balance patch that just made some of the unusable/fringe poo poo fractionally better just to see how much it would shake up the meta

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If arbiters didn't already do disruption web but arguably better, it'd probably be used more.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Zillions magazine posted:

I would love a super minor balance patch that just made some of the unusable/fringe poo poo fractionally better just to see how much it would shake up the meta

Yeah, I wonder if even a small UI fix would make them more viable, because it almost seems like even 400APM isn't enough to individually select every tiny ghost or corsair and use an ability while doing everything else at the same time.

Anyway, it was a really cool game as were Mong's eyebrows.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Dweb costs like 125 energy if you have a fleet beacon there's no reason not to just build carriers. Unless you're making a statement against the guy that tried to build ghosts!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

dogmother1776 posted:

Dweb costs like 125 energy if you have a fleet beacon there's no reason not to just build carriers. Unless you're making a statement against the guy that tried to build ghosts!

I forgot about that -- you need a fleet beacon in order to buy the upgrade. And given that corsairs are used most against zerg and carriers aren't really useful in that match-up no wonder dweb isn't used much at all.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

I forgot about that -- you need a fleet beacon in order to buy the upgrade. And given that corsairs are used most against zerg and carriers aren't really useful in that match-up no wonder dweb isn't used much at all.

You know what else you need a Fleet Beacon for? Scout upgrades :laugh:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

dogmother1776 posted:

wait did the terran go ghosts first? i wasn't watching closely enough to tell, i thought he went ghosts because dude was going mass corsair

a cow
May 6, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

emdash posted:

wait did the terran go ghosts first? i wasn't watching closely enough to tell, i thought he went ghosts because dude was going mass corsair

He scouted fleet beacon, so the ghosts were anticipating carriers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Since it all got noticed late it's really hard to say the exact order of things without replay, but Ample was rallying the ghosts to his front door and I was able to hear a ghost shot being fired a fair bit before the ASL observer caught what was going on, so I suspect that Ample scanned the stargate tech going up at some point, threw down the covert ops (Lockdown can work against arbiters too I suppose,so not sure how far along his tech path Rain was), Rain saw the ghosts at the front door and while bailing out on carriers still decided to make the Beacon tech still work for him

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Sep 20, 2017