Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

chumbler posted:

Grom wouldn't have felt weak to play, but nobody should really have expected better of his son.

Grom was a garbage orc who is outclassed in every way by his son.

hurr burr I'm gonna take two grunts and a raider to attack this fortified human base and refuse to bring my supply capped army to help my buddy defend from the counterattack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

It's probably because Mists of Pandaria was basically my favorite WoW expansion, but yeah. Garrosh is pretty easily the biggest miss the HotS team has made as far as capturing a character for me. The pull and throw are useful tools, but nothing about him is mountains of skulls and rivers of blood and having HIS WORLD.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ToastyPotato posted:

Is there a list of which older character AI have been updated?

https://twitter.com/AhliSC2/status/908058830738685952

Edit: The tweet doesn't format well in the app, the list goes on after Garrosh.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 17, 2017

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
I've topped the damage meters with Garry before, but it requires the enemy team to have Lost Vikings that never split up and always come to teamfights so you can SPIN2WIN.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Mind over Matter posted:

It's probably because Mists of Pandaria was basically my favorite WoW expansion, but yeah. Garrosh is pretty easily the biggest miss the HotS team has made as far as capturing a character for me. The pull and throw are useful tools, but nothing about him is mountains of skulls and rivers of blood and having HIS WORLD.

I was really dissapointed how he doesn't have a level 20 talent where he pulls out an old god's heart, eats it and then screams THE POWER, FLOWS THROUGH ME! RRRUUUUUGGGGAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

At least his voice lines are pretty good.

ENOUGH OF YOU! *hits for 20 dmg*

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
"You fight like a true orc!"
(Gul'Dan stares incredulously)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Patrick Seitz is a gift and I'll forever miss him having a more prevalent role.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"Anger management? I'm great at managing people with my anger!"

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Whatever you do, don't buy the "you are dismissed" voice line. For some reason its volume is really low, impossible to hear in most cases :(

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

I just love the fact that like 90% of the dudes basically hate having Garrosh on their team.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Trying out Garrosh, and honestly his abilities actually are pretty good (mechanically). He's a huge, slowly advancing brick wall that tosses enemies aside like they were peons.

The animations are horrible and really significantly hurt how he feels. Like compare Garrosh to Leoric, they have similar attack animations (and an overhead 3rd strike chop). Leoric has real weight and meat behind his swings, Garrosh feels like he's flicking his axe or something. Overpower's ground effect is more noticeable than the actual Overpower animation, Bloodthirst I don't think even has a real animation and is just reusing an attack animation. The chuck and Decimate are okay but, again, have no real weight behind them.

It's the same problem as with Arthas and Tyrael and several other heroes, which makes me suspect that they assigned Garrosh to the worst animator on the team or something and unfortunately that guy hasn't really improved his abilities.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Anyone know of a good tanking video or tutorial? I love playing them but my win rate in that role in QM is horrible. I am above 50% on all other roles yet down at around 42 as a tank which sucks. I am aware of concepts such as peeling and body blocking (not saying i am good at it, though) but I feel like I have a hard time knowing how to engage properly and such without overextending or just being stupid.

Star fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 17, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gorelab posted:

I just love the fact that like 90% of the dudes basically hate having Garrosh on their team.

They're getting a lot of mileage out of all those "YOU", "Ugh, it's you..." and "We're on the same team... for now" quotes.

Or as Garrosh would say "As warchief I'm ashamed to partner with a coward like you".

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BrianBoitano posted:

Whatever you do, don't buy the "you are dismissed" voice line. For some reason its volume is really low, impossible to hear in most cases :(

Hellscream's Eyes is the correct choice anyway.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kel'Thuzad has like 800x the depth Garrosh does and way better and more robustly designed talents. :psyduck:

Whoever designed KT's talents should be in charge of every single hero and hero rework.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

It's pretty harshly unfair to compare Kel'thuzad and Garrosh's design qualities. It's much easier to work with a character who has a large repertoire of spells to choose from than it is to work with a character whose defining traits are "meathead" and "rear end in a top hat".

Kith fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 17, 2017

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Mierenneuker posted:

https://twitter.com/AhliSC2/status/908058830738685952

Edit: The tweet doesn't format well in the app, the list goes on after Garrosh.

Thanks! Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get a majority of the cast updated.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
I really hate Kel'Thuzad and find him very unfun to play against. The main thing I hate is it feels like the range on his Ice Chain thing is way too long.

He's probably the character I hate playing against the most now. Are people expecting him to get nerfed at all?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Star posted:

Anyone know of a good tanking video or tutorial? I love playing them but my win rate in that role in QM is horrible. I am above 50% on all other roles yet down at around 42 as a tank which sucks. I am aware of concepts such as peeling and body blocking (not saying i am good at it, though) but I feel like I have a hard time knowing how to engage properly and such without overextending or just being stupid.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1efiJPDPIvUez4tD0B1mfp9Kq9d-sLhvh6aPB5O045M0/edit?usp=sharing

Cavalier Guest's Art of the Tank is a really good overview of tanking.

garthoneeye fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 17, 2017

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Star posted:

A lot of knowing when to engage is map awareness and timer awareness. Can I see two of them up top? I should gank bot/we should for sure team fight here. Have they been missing awhile? Likely doing merc if mercenaries flip to them I know now I have a 15-20 second window to engage. You can also watch death timers as well that tends to help. Being a tank also forces you to know the strengths of your hero as well as a general idea of how the other heroes work so you know how to engage/who to target in a teamfight. A good tank honestly has a mindset similar to someone who mains junglers since you spend so much time trying to make sure the fight is stacked in your favor.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

Kel'Thuzad has like 800x the depth Garrosh does and way better and more robustly designed talents. :psyduck:

Whoever designed KT's talents should be in charge of every single hero and hero rework.

Yeah I love characters who rely on their level 7 talent choice even harder than Sylvanas.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Tossing overextending idiots over the gate or into my team loving kicks rear end so I'll take the hit on the fantasy a little bit. Also I swear to god it's ALWAYS a Varian! They love getting just a bit too close and WOOPS over you go buddy!

I played a game recently where I must have made the Varian on the other team so mad cause I just kept throwing him so out of position every time we engaged.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Macaluso posted:

Tossing overextending idiots over the gate or into my team loving kicks rear end so I'll take the hit on the fantasy a little bit. Also I swear to god it's ALWAYS a Varian! They love getting just a bit too close and WOOPS over you go buddy!

I played a game recently where I must have made the Varian on the other team so mad cause I just kept throwing him so out of position every time we engaged.

Yeah but I can also do that with Diablo. And have more fun with it.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Kurieg posted:

:wrong:

NOTHING is more fun than tossing motherfuckers with Wrecking Ball.

YolkaEd
Dec 26, 2013

Shadowlyger posted:

:wrong:

NOTHING is more fun than tossing motherfuckers with Wrecking Ball.

Yes, there is.

Tossing motherfuckers with Into the Fray.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I had a garnish toss their laser azmodan at me RIGHT when I was about to escape its range. Ended up killing me instead.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Playing garrosh and kt is really satisfying when you execute their combos really well. That's my opinion, thanks.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kurieg posted:

Uh no it is absolutely not more fun with Diablo

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

YolkaEd posted:

Yes, there is.

Tossing motherfuckers with Into the Fray.

poo poo, you're right.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Power Bottom posted:

It's pretty harshly unfair to compare Kel'thuzad and Garrosh's design qualities. It's much easier to work with a character who has a large repertoire of spells to choose from than it is to work with a character whose defining traits are "meathead" and "rear end in a top hat".

Except it's really not. People in this very thread have discussed how his Siege of Orgrimmar boss fight kit would smoothly transfer into HotS.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

Except it's really not. People in this very thread have discussed how his Siege of Orgrimmar boss fight kit would smoothly transfer into HotS.

Smooth as a gravel pit, you mean.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
A few wow fans seem to think garrosh is a proper badass and not a short bald guy who yells a lot and can't do anything right.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Garrosh looks like a boring, generic bloodthirsty orc from a boring, generic setting, I don't see the problem here.
His animations do suck.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
At least now we know that our Orc Arms Warrior fantasy will be fulfilled by the decidedly superior specimen, my good friend High Overlord Saurfang. Just lol if you think Orcs are over-represented.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

Star posted:

My highest average winrate is with tanks. Being a good tank is being a good leader. You need strong game knowledge, map awareness, and communication to set up ganks and teamfights. It's really hard to do if you havn't played a lot of MOBAs but you really need to be able to see what the other team is doing even when they're not on the map. If any goons have played with me before, they'll tell you that I'm pretty good on calling things like lane rotations on someone out of position, giving up objectives even when we're together as 5, and killing boss even when the other team is up. To do all of that you need to be using a microphone and discord or be a very fast typist with amazing pings; but good luck doing any of that during a teamfight. Also, that link is really useful for choosing what tank you want to play but it's borderline uesless if you're playing QM.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

Smooth as a gravel pit, you mean.

Throw axe, spin, bad touch for q, w, e. Eat heart for R1, Iron Star for R2. Trait is who cares.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I'd like if his existing taunt transported the enemy to the Realm of Y'shaarj so they literally have nothing to attack but him.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

I'd like if his existing taunt transported the enemy to the Realm of Y'shaarj so they literally have nothing to attack but him.

That would be amazing, even if it was just a visual effect. Tint the screen black and grey then hide the rest of Garry's team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Hmm, maybe they know they can do that to get people to shell out for an All Sha'd Up skin.