Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
are we counting snus here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
are Nicsalts good?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

infernal machines posted:

are we counting snus here?

in european stats, no
in american stats, sometimes but not consistently

(snus is how sweden can claim adult smoking incidence of 9%. pfffffff)

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i still refuse to buy an ipad pro until the pencil gets an eraser :mad:

it might get one if they switch it to qi charging

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

yeah surprise surprise people "fail" at quitting smoking because they don't actually want to quit and then the echis of the world make up excuses for them

mate, we want people to smoke less. we meet them where they are at

also, don't lack perspective that the physical dependency itself causes the desire to smoke and want smokes and inhibits the brains ability to have willpower and desire to quit. anyone who works in addiction will tell you willpower is a fuckin myth

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

echinopsis posted:

mate, we want people to smoke less. we meet them where they are at

also, don't lack perspective that the physical dependency itself causes the desire to smoke and want smokes and inhibits the brains ability to have willpower and desire to quit. anyone who works in addiction will tell you willpower is a fuckin myth

a good post

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'm surprised that echi is making the case so strongly for complete tobacco and alcohol prohibition but here we are

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Stymie posted:

i'm surprised that echi is making the case so strongly for complete tobacco and alcohol prohibition but here we are

prohibition is hard

taxation is easy, and it works

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stymie posted:

he believes in the juche, a stronger new zealand

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

:rolleyes:

echinopsis posted:

i'd hate to see it made illegal tho

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

The Management posted:

or you quit smoking and everything is fine and then your mom dies and guess what, a cigarette would really help you get your mind off of that for a while. see also drinking and drugs.

also your friends all smoke and you've had a few drinks and you know what yeah i'll take a square too

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
I'm all about a beer and a smoke

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
where the gently caress is my homepod timb

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wheany posted:

i don't know how widespread it is (meaning eu-level), but at least in finland the brands and prices of tobacco are no longer visible anywhere. you need to know what you're buying and ask the cashier for it. also there are no smoking rooms, you can't smoke in bars, you have to go outside to smoke in the rain/snow.

so we can definitely make the barrier of entry higher too. and hey, it's working. teenagers and young adults are smoking way less than older generations were at their age.

this is not widespread, except maybe for smoking in bars where they cook food, that is ought to be covered by an eu regulation

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

man i remember when you could smoke on trains here that was wild. those carriages were grody as gently caress because they also automatically became designated party zones

now denmark has no smoking in any work place which includes bars & restaurants. i smoke because im cool but i dont mind having to step outside

for some reason theres been a recent uptick in teen vaping (like directly from non-smoker to vaper) though which is pretty funny cause that definitely does not look cool

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

vaping is like the holy spirit to the father hoverboard and the son fidget spinner

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

man i remember when you could smoke on trains here that was wild. those carriages were grody as gently caress because they also automatically became designated party zones

now denmark has no smoking in any work place which includes bars & restaurants. i smoke because im cool but i dont mind having to step outside

for some reason theres been a recent uptick in teen vaping (like directly from non-smoker to vaper) though which is pretty funny cause that definitely does not look cool

we used to be able to p much anywhere too over here, but now like in p much all of eu we adhere to w hat basically amounts to no smoking outside specially designated areas + bunch of building/territory type smoking restrictions. as a rule tho no smoking indoors unless it is a properly equipped room specially for smoking.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea its p cool

tho theres a certain charm in going to some old brown hole in the wall bar that lets everyone smoke

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

yea its p cool

tho theres a certain charm in going to some old brown hole in the wall bar that lets everyone smoke

i can sort of get where you are coming from (especially considering the quality of danish smokes), but man, loving smoke in eyes, just one more reason to downsides of smoking indoors. i hate to do so, and hate to be around people doing so

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

extremely fun fact: you can not buy normal caines cigarettes outside denmark and latvia

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Powaqoatse posted:

teens vape because they can blow obnoxious amounts of smoke. they rarely vape nicotine unless they were smokers before. they basically like to carry a flavored hand held fog machine around and blow it at everyone.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

teens vape because they can blow obnoxious amounts of smoke. they rarely vape nicotine unless they were smokers before. they basically like to carry a flavored hand held fog machine around and blow it at everyone.

it has also spawned clown poo poo like vape competitions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOI4beqmvx4

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

cinci zoo sniper posted:

lol okay grandpa, you keep shouting at those clouds

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

yeah, but it also spawned this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkm8Hteeh6M&hd=1

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

cinci zoo sniper posted:

vaping is like the holy spirit to the father hoverboard and the son fidget spinner

lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
and this

https://twitter.com/feelz_/status/860825500700352512

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

my fave vape vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0w57ZoloYc

purp cloudz

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

holy poo poo that's some impressive fluid dynamics

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i can sort of get where you are coming from (especially considering the quality of danish smokes), but man, loving smoke in eyes, just one more reason to downsides of smoking indoors. i hate to do so, and hate to be around people doing so

yeah it can get pretty rough lol

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

smoking makes you thinner too! (From cancer)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
apple no longer sells devices with optical disc drives. they never shipped a single computer with bluray

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The Management posted:

apple no longer sells devices with optical disc drives. they never shipped a single computer with bluray

lol no one did

ufarn
May 30, 2009
even the ps4 didn't bother with uhd, only xbox is holding on to new formats - unfortunately

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

someone put a tv in portrait mode and duct tape bottom-up kinect to its top side, for science

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wait, it's os 10, not os ecks?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

wait, it's os 10, not os ecks?

its macos, op
cool

FAT32 SHAMER