Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Dead Cells for like six hours without even realizing. Amazing game.

its pretty cool!

more dark souls 3 and i played grim dawn for like 5 minutes before realizing its a piece of poo poo again. love wondering if my internet will come back in the next hour or in two weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

its super cool having power come back on, moving back into your house, then having it go out again 24 hours after you do. So i'm playing picross 3d tonight, and maybe some chrono trigger ds

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

its super cool having power come back on, moving back into your house, then having it go out again 24 hours after you do. So i'm playing picross 3d tonight, and maybe some chrono trigger ds

brutal. hope it comes back for you soon

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

can't stop playing divinity 2, its way better than i expected and I laugh at it often and also feel involved in the character development. its got a really complex and tactical battle system that lets you do insanely cool things all the time like making piles of corrosive frozen blood that make enemies slip and fall and stuff like that. its also got co-op multiplayer which is a big plus so if anyone wants to play let me know.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Who needs to bother with chasing the vehicle down when you can ram it and end up with it stuck on your roof.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Who needs to bother with chasing the vehicle down when you can ram it and end up with it stuck on your roof.

hahaha, i really should replay sleeping dogs. you care about beating other people's records?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

No, but I imposed a challenge on myself for this game. I can't do anything that decreases my cop score during a mission, which includes running over things and nudging into other cars. If I lose cop score I have to restart from checkpoint.

Also, why don't I have a pork bun in my hands?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

This game is so good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sleeping Dogs is the best open world modern crime game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sleeping Dogs is the best open world modern crime game

Is Saints Row 2 still 'modern'? Because I'd say that's better (the 360 version, at least)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Open world sucks balls. True Crime ftw.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sleeping Dogs is excellent

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bill Barber posted:

Open world sucks balls. True Crime ftw.

Sleeping Dogs started as a True Crime game

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Is Saints Row 2 still 'modern'? Because I'd say that's better (the 360 version, at least)

I mean the setting, because Red Dead is the actual best but it's cowboys and poo poo. I never played SR2 but I think I have it on steam

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I mean the setting, because Red Dead is the actual best but it's cowboys and poo poo. I never played SR2 but I think I have it on steam

The PC version is completely broken, even the big Gentlemen of the Row mod/bugfix pack still isn't enough to fix everything. It's still worth playing through though

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
it kinda sucked on PC... SR 2 on xbox360 was amazing. Although RDR and sleeping doges is better imo

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Well, this weekend I introduced a friend to PUBG, which we did pretty well at. No chicken dinners, but we came in the top ten a few times, (3rd, 5th and 8th I think) and we always had at least four kills between us. Pretty confident that we can eventually get that chicken dinner eventually, as we seem to make a decent (or very lucky) team!

Aside from that, I played a heap of UnReal World over the weekend. As I finished building my cabin during the week, I decided to go on an expedition into the savage/cannibal Njerpez territory directly to my east, across the river/lake next to my house. Encountered a lone Njerpez warrior, who I was able to dispatch with a couple of javelins, then stumbled upon one of their villages. I tried sneaking into it to see if there were any animals I could pinch (really want a cow or a bull as a pack animal, but none of the friendly villages within a few days of where I live have any) however unfortunately I was spotted by one of the women in the town.
After that, things got messy. :v: the closest inhabitants of the village charged me, and I had to quickly throw all of my javelins, to little effect - I think only half hit their mark, and they only inflicted light wounds. After that though, I got stuck in with my spear, and had an incredibly drawn-out fight with the cannibal villagers, as the rest of the village joined in. I had to keep repositioning and dodging their attacks, in order to prevent myself from being surrounded. Eventually I managed to down enough of them to even the odds somewhat, (only a few were outright killed; the rest were just bleeding out on the ground..) before managing to win the battle of attrition; those who I was fighting had all received minor wounds from my spear multiple times, and had collapsed at various times throughout the fight, before struggling to their feet again to continue, while I was distracted by their friends.
Funnily enough, the biggest threat to me was a kid with a knife (who also swore at me constantly, during the fight) as he managed to inflict a cut in my knee. One of the women also poked a small hole in my thigh with one of the javelins I threw, (which she picked up as she was charging me, earlier on) but aside from those superficial wounds I was somehow unharmed.

So yeah, now I'm making my way back home with a pile of weapons, armour and other gear. :D Even if they were kinda evil, attack-you-on-sight cannibals, I felt kinda bad about murdering their entire village, (of fourteen people!) so I set up a big pyre to cremate all the bodies, while I looted the village and rested overnight in one of their huts.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sr2 is good and all but sleeping dogs is really loving good. a shame the dlc for it was so short, i didnt want that game to end

started a hollow knight steel soul file and have gotten further than ever before lol. Bout to get the super dash

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

vice city is better than sleeping dogs

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Major Isoor posted:

Well, this weekend I introduced a friend to PUBG, which we did pretty well at. No chicken dinners, but we came in the top ten a few times, (3rd, 5th and 8th I think) and we always had at least four kills between us. Pretty confident that we can eventually get that chicken dinner eventually, as we seem to make a decent (or very lucky) team!

Aside from that, I played a heap of UnReal World over the weekend. As I finished building my cabin during the week, I decided to go on an expedition into the savage/cannibal Njerpez territory directly to my east, across the river/lake next to my house. Encountered a lone Njerpez warrior, who I was able to dispatch with a couple of javelins, then stumbled upon one of their villages. I tried sneaking into it to see if there were any animals I could pinch (really want a cow or a bull as a pack animal, but none of the friendly villages within a few days of where I live have any) however unfortunately I was spotted by one of the women in the town.
After that, things got messy. :v: the closest inhabitants of the village charged me, and I had to quickly throw all of my javelins, to little effect - I think only half hit their mark, and they only inflicted light wounds. After that though, I got stuck in with my spear, and had an incredibly drawn-out fight with the cannibal villagers, as the rest of the village joined in. I had to keep repositioning and dodging their attacks, in order to prevent myself from being surrounded. Eventually I managed to down enough of them to even the odds somewhat, (only a few were outright killed; the rest were just bleeding out on the ground..) before managing to win the battle of attrition; those who I was fighting had all received minor wounds from my spear multiple times, and had collapsed at various times throughout the fight, before struggling to their feet again to continue, while I was distracted by their friends.
Funnily enough, the biggest threat to me was a kid with a knife (who also swore at me constantly, during the fight) as he managed to inflict a cut in my knee. One of the women also poked a small hole in my thigh with one of the javelins I threw, (which she picked up as she was charging me, earlier on) but aside from those superficial wounds I was somehow unharmed.

So yeah, now I'm making my way back home with a pile of weapons, armour and other gear. :D Even if they were kinda evil, attack-you-on-sight cannibals, I felt kinda bad about murdering their entire village, (of fourteen people!) so I set up a big pyre to cremate all the bodies, while I looted the village and rested overnight in one of their huts.

That game is crazy. I could never get that far, I always died of starvation or bear attack before the first week was up

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

extremely steampunk posted:

That game is crazy. I could never get that far, I always died of starvation or bear attack before the first week was up

Oh yeah, it's pretty tough initially - but once you're able to preserve some food and whack it in a cellar, it really opens the game up I feel, since then you can focus on doing what you want (like the popular, family-fun hobby of hunting cannibals! :v:) instead of merely trying to scrounge more food.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

Oh yeah, it's pretty tough initially - but once you're able to preserve some food and whack it in a cellar, it really opens the game up I feel, since then you can focus on doing what you want (like the popular, family-fun hobby of hunting cannibals! :v:) instead of merely trying to scrounge more food.

a bizarre objective for a game, but, respect

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

extremebuff posted:

a bizarre objective for a game, but, respect

hahaha I didn't originally write it with that meaning, but well, I suppose what else are you going to do with all your spare time, while home-alone during the harsh Finnish winter? :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

hahaha I didn't originally write it with that meaning, but well, I suppose what else are you going to do with all your spare time, while home-alone during the harsh Finnish winter? :D

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A<Mfaojor Issor \fFor the win.e

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have a Finnish friend who convinced some American tourists that it was traditional to whack off in a snowdrift after the sauna as it was considered to release the pent up humours or something. they did it too

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

reading Isoor's post like "oh gently caress yeah... yes! that owns!" and then excitedly googling the name of game, seeing the thumbnails, and laughing so hard

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I have a Finnish friend who convinced some American tourists that it was traditional to whack off in a snowdrift after the sauna as it was considered to release the pent up humours or something. they did it too

wow those guys got to jack off and feel good from coming. loving owned

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

wow those guys got to jack off and feel good from coming. loving owned

so did I.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

reading Isoor's post like "oh gently caress yeah... yes! that owns!" and then excitedly googling the name of game, seeing the thumbnails, and laughing so hard

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

test

edit; perfect

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Not a fan of good old fashioned, home-made 1992 era indie graphics, eh? :D Can't blame you really, haha - although the game isn't really about the looks; it's about how in-depth they've designed all the systems within the game; the AI is very good too, especially considering it was first released in '92!

It's a very brutal game though; not just the fighting and hunting itself, but the combat descriptions are also completely :stonk: about how badly you just hosed somebody up, by cleaving their groin (or wherever) in two with a hatchet, after you swung at their leg and they botched their attempt at trying to avoid the swing. But yeah, the game definitely isn't pretty by today's standards, and has a slightly-shonky UI to match, haha (Sort of reminds me of the original X-COM in a way I guess, if you guys have played it?)
Still, despite that, I've invested around 30hrs in the game so far, and it's probably one of the best games I've played all year. (Although whether that says more about the quality of the game or my mental health, is up for debate! :D )

And nice sig BBG, haha

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Not a fan of good old fashioned, home-made 1992 era indie graphics, eh? :D Can't blame you really, haha - although the game isn't really about the looks; it's about how in-depth they've designed all the systems within the game; the AI is very good too, especially considering it was first released in '92!

It's a very brutal game though; not just the fighting and hunting itself, but the combat descriptions are also completely :stonk: about how badly you just hosed somebody up, by cleaving their groin (or wherever) in two with a hatchet, after you swung at their leg and they botched their attempt at trying to avoid the swing. But yeah, the game definitely isn't pretty by today's standards, and has a slightly-shonky UI to match, haha (Sort of reminds me of the original X-COM in a way I guess, if you guys have played it?)
Still, despite that, I've invested around 30hrs in the game so far, and it's probably one of the best games I've played all year. (Although whether that says more about the quality of the game or my mental health, is up for debate! :D )

And nice sig BBG, haha

That game honestly sounds fun Isoor. I might try it out just to see how absurd it is.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
wait isnt that the game those two brothers have been working on for literally decades ala DF

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ArfJason posted:

wait isnt that the game those two brothers have been working on for literally decades ala DF

I think so - it's mostly just been one guy in recent times though, I think? It actually got into the Guiness World Records (last year or rhe year before, I think?) for being the longest actively-developed game, even! :v:

EDIT: And the full version free on their site, too. Bit of a steep learning curve intially though, but it's pretty rewarding after that I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

I think so - it's mostly just been one guy in recent times though, I think? It actually got into the Guiness World Records (last year or rhe year before, I think?) for being the longest actively-developed game, even! :v:

EDIT: And the full version free on their site, too. Bit of a steep learning curve intially though, but it's pretty rewarding after that I think.