Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

a.lo posted:

I will not play it.

Rejoice anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't miss bad games, no

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Colonel posted:

hunter x hunter and my hero academia are good shonens

one piece: pirates warriors 3 is a good shonen video game

That game has great gameplay and characters but I feel like it's a bit lacking in the "stuff to do" department by Musou standards. At least compared to Dynasty/Samurai/Zelda.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

It's a shame that X-Men game Silicon Knights made was apparently really bad (and also had to be destroyed in a legal dispute), because an RPG where you're a rookie superhero rising through the ranks is a cool premise.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I've been wanting to play Devil's Third since it was first revealed, but it's still full price wtf

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

can't think of a good xmen game besides that arcade one

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

tap my mountain posted:

I've been wanting to play Devil's Third since it was first revealed, but it's still full price wtf

Hasn't the multiplayer, which was supposed to be one of the big selling points, been shut down? Even if it hadn't I doubt there would be much of a player base, but still.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a.lo posted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a.lo posted:

Legends/Marvel Alliance were decent

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish the recent steam releases of ultimate alliance 1 and 2 didn't have hosed up netcode. i'd love to replay those games with someone else

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Hasn't the multiplayer, which was supposed to be one of the big selling points, been shut down? Even if it hadn't I doubt there would be much of a player base, but still.

I just wanna play a janky last gen action shooter hybrid that I assume is at least slightly better than X-Blades

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

a.lo posted:

THPS3 my dude

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a.lo posted:

Children of the atom is epic

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I thought Devil's Third was on PC also.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

I thought Devil's Third was on PC also.

Just the multi

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Yeah if the single player was on PC, I'd have picked it up in a sale ages ago. I guess they were afraid the game would get pirated too much or something.

E: oh the eShop has it for $30. Still probably too high but I'm considering it

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 17, 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nintendo published Devil's Third

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did anyone say Devil's Turd yet?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

So that last sequence, which features someone (the other girl?) beating the poo poo out of a cyclops girl and smashing her cellphone. That's pretty hosed up.

It is, because said bully is the reason she's so beaten up in the first place, but it's also when she finally stands up to the bully with the help of the confidence boost her new friends have given her. It mimics a lot of similar experiences I've gone through, where even if my attempts to stand up against someone failed and I ended up getting beaten for it, I still managed to stand up for myself.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

a.lo posted:

The last-gen Wolverine game was decent, it's basically a God of War clone.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

The only MH I wanna hear about in this thread is Monster Hunter

I'd read Monster Hunter Academia

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Whatever that X-Men: Dark Alliance was really fun iirc especially with couch co op, the Diablo 3 of its day

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I think the underage dating simulator looks creepy.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Bloodborne: The Bloodthirsty Beast is an absolute rear end in a top hat of a boss. I can deal with the fast attacks but it seems like I was doing no damage(With a +3 weapon) and everytime I thought I'd be doing well they began shedding the goddamn poison mist. Even with my buddy Alfred it still took 3 or 4 tries and some luck(And some fire).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Samuringa posted:

Bloodborne: The Bloodthirsty Beast is an absolute rear end in a top hat of a boss. I can deal with the fast attacks but it seems like I was doing no damage(With a +3 weapon) and everytime I thought I'd be doing well they began shedding the goddamn poison mist. Even with my buddy Alfred it still took 3 or 4 tries and some luck(And some fire).

there's a trick but i'm proud of you for doing it the hard way ;) as the boss's name implies, if you throw a pungent blood cocktail it gets distracted and goes crazy over it and lets you get a bunch of free hits in, kinda like Gascogne and the music box. I think it works at least a couple of times too

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
:doh:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's never worked for me anyway, it'd keep it distracted for like half a nanosecond.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

goferchan posted:

there's a trick but i'm proud of you for doing it the hard way ;)

I don't think summoning is 'the hard way'

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

That's never worked for me anyway, it'd keep it distracted for like half a nanosecond.

Slightly Bloodthirsty Beast

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The easy way is "just walk slowly towards him and to the left" because he can't hit you.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Help Im Alive posted:

Slightly Bloodthirsty Beast

Bloodpeckish Beast

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

The easy way is "just walk slowly towards him and to the left" because he can't hit you.

I've never died to BSB doing this

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I've never died to BSB doing this

It blew my mind how well it worked the first time I tried it. Before that I always parried him which works well too but I hosed it up sometimes.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

BSB is easier than Gascoigne, it just looks extremely dangerous. When you're afraid of it you dodge backwards into it's attacks but if you dodge forward with confidence it's easy as heck.

I don't mean this in a lovely git gud way, I just think that's really cool design

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
how has there not been a superhero game with customizable characters and powers

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Blood Starved Beast is a good introduction to the idea that you wanna dodge through attacks instead of away from them. The general idea conveyed by the Cleric Beast earlier on is that dodging away from an attack is only helpful if the attack doesn't follow you. With BSB the attacks go forward a long horizontal distance, so dodging backward won't help you any.

Raserys posted:

City of Heroes??

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Raserys posted:

There have been a bunch, they're just all lovely MMOs.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

freedom force is a good superhero game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ometeotl posted:

MHA is generic shounen for people who want to pretend it's above shounen.

MHA is EXTREMELY generic shonen, its basically cribbing everything from DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, etc. that it can.

But... that's what makes it all the more surprising that it somehow works. It works really well. Its just a complete rehash of the same shonen tropes but somehow it feels fresh and creative. Its just like a best-of all-stars of shonen ideas, all killer no filler.

Also the Western influence helps mix things up and keeps it from languishing in anime cliches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Raserys posted:

DC Universe Online is actually not bad at all and is free to play now. I avoided it for a long time because I figured it'd be another MMORPG like City of Heroes but its really more of a beat-em-up game. Some of the powers are locked and you have to pay for them, but there's still lots of options that are totally free2play.

homeless snail posted:

freedom force is a good superhero game

Freedom force rules but I have a hard time playing that kind of "manage a party of dudes" RPGs. I'm more a fan of the "manage one super powerful dude" RPGs. I grew up with stuff like Baldur's Gate but it was also so much micromanagement, I can't really do that anymore.

Real hurthling! posted:

Children of the atom is epic

Its great but its basically just Marvel vs Capcom without the Capcom

• Locked thread