Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Some great warhams

I love the Dire Avenger in running shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Say Nothing posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Wait, what? I thought the Scooby Do crew were meant to be late teens/early twenties? Then again I haven't seen the show for like 20 years...

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I always thought they were highschoolers, but perhaps I'm not up on my Scooby-Doo lore. :ohdear:

Regardless, Velma in bondage seemed to me in poor taste.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The Original Series Bible posted:

According to the original series bible from 1969 by Scooby-Doo, Where are You! creators Joe Ruby and Ken Spears (who later left Hanna-Barbera to build their own Saturday morning empire), the kids are all supposed to be high school juniors: Fred and Shaggy are 17, Daphne is 16, and Velma is 15.

she's 15. throw the book at him

e: or possibly 63, in which case throw the book at yourself

ee: lmao

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I always thought they were highschoolers, but perhaps I'm not up on my Scooby-Doo lore. :ohdear:

Regardless, that picture seemed in poor taste.

According to the original series bible from 1969 by Scooby-Doo, Where are You! creators Joe Ruby and Ken Spears (who later left Hanna-Barbera to build their own Saturday morning empire), the kids are all supposed to be high school juniors: Fred and Shaggy are 17, Daphne is 16, and Velma is 15. Scooby, the dog, is 7.

e: scoobed

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

lmao "original series bible." and drat you for catching me pre-edit.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

uh if you don't take the scoobiverse seriously i don't know what to say to you. sad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

How old would scooby be in dog years divided by being a Great Dane?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think a great dane year is more than a regular dog year, because they die really easily of heart problems because they're loving huge. i'd say about 12 Dane years to the human year

going by the 48 years the show has been running and the fact that the bible says he's 7, scooby is now approximately 660. this means he only has another 4340 years to go before he can be trapped in the body of a much younger dog in an anime, and Say Nothing can post an image of him tied up with bondage rope

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphgThad_7o

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

too bad my cosplay dump couldn't stop further underage bondage discussion

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hard counter posted:

too bad my cosplay dump couldn't stop further underage bondage discussion

I appreciated the effort.

Please let's not post any more sexualized underaged cosplay, with or without bondage, in the future.

Avoiding bondage cosplay in general would also probably be a good idea.

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 23:32 on Sep 17, 2017

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I can't believe you just banned all anime cosplay from the cosplay thread.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:sigh: I can't win today.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no that's a good thing

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

[url=https://www.quora.com/How-old-are-the-characters-on-Scooby-Doo]

she's 15. throw the book at him

e: or possibly 63, in which case throw the book at yourself

ee: lmao

jeepers jinkies!

Objection withdrawn.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wendell posted:

I can't believe you just banned all anime cosplay from the cosplay thread.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

She even has the cute nose for Tracer!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Pretty good, but she really needs a couple of blue LED's and a 9 volt battery.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Jesus christ, thread.

Here's some anime cosplay that's neither underage nor sexualized (a baffling concept, I know!)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Jesus christ, thread.

Here's some anime cosplay that's neither underage nor sexualized (a baffling concept, I know!)

I miss when people would cite the character a cosplayer was supposed to be dressed as. I mean, yeah, they have a glowy bit, but I can't even comment on if it is good or not, as I have ZERO idea who it is, except maybe radioactive retired Indiana Jones pursuing photography in his spare time?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Amazing. I WISH I could do stuff like that.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Samizdata posted:

I miss when people would cite the character a cosplayer was supposed to be dressed as. I mean, yeah, they have a glowy bit, but I can't even comment on if it is good or not, as I have ZERO idea who it is, except maybe radioactive retired Indiana Jones pursuing photography in his spare time?

That's Joseph Joestar from Stardust Crusaders.

Shoulders aren't nearly cylindrical enough, 4/10.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samizdata posted:

Old Joseph Joestar

Diego Brando

Ermes Costello

Rohan Kishibe

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Maybe I'm missing :thejoke: here but that's Kosaku Kawajiri/Yoshikage Kira, not Rohan.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Maybe I'm missing :thejoke: here but that's Kosaku Kawajiri/Yoshikage Kira, not Rohan.

Nope, just got one wrong.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Nope, just got one wrong.

Cheers. Not the biggest anime follower. But, thanks to your tip, I can say it was a pretty decent cosplay, despite agreeing that the shoulders are not round enough.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Thanks for labeling them, I know nothing of anime but costumes can be neat.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

According to the original series bible from 1969 by Scooby-Doo, Where are You! creators Joe Ruby and Ken Spears (who later left Hanna-Barbera to build their own Saturday morning empire), the kids are all supposed to be high school juniors: Fred and Shaggy are 17, Daphne is 16, and Velma is 15. Scooby, the dog, is 7.

e: scoobed

I was very surprised to learn this.

Anyway, Tatsumaki from One Punch Man.
Age 28.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Jesus christ, thread.

That Kira/Patrick Bateman is great! I'm 100% certain Araki (the author) was inspired by American Psycho when he created Kira.

Renoistic has a new favorite as of 06:47 on Sep 18, 2017

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Regigigas.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Say Nothing posted:

Anyway, Tatsumaki from One Punch Man.
Age 28.

Dude, you clearly do this on purpose, and it's surprising how you're not banned yet. She looks 12 in the anime as the classic anime trope dictates.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Bring us back to the light, Snatch Duster.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I agree with Paladinus

here's a cosplay

at least I think there's a person in there

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

Dude, you clearly do this on purpose, and it's surprising how you're not banned yet. She looks 12 in the anime as the classic anime trope dictates.

He has a type. And that type is children.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Same here. Especially when you consider the Scooby Doo expanded animated universe. You've got A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Scooby Doo Where Are You?, Mystery Incorporated, and I'm sure there's still more. Plus, Fred's always driving so I always assumed everyone beside Scooby's in their 20's or something.

Dracula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

RareAcumen posted:

Same here. Especially when you consider the Scooby Doo expanded animated universe. You've got A Pup Named Scooby Doo, Scooby Doo Where Are You?, Mystery Incorporated, and I'm sure there's still more. Plus, Fred's always driving so I always assumed everyone beside Scooby's in their 20's or something.

Agreed, Scooby Doo's an IP that's been around for a long time and the characters have been represented at all ages. I can get behind, "Hey, that's clearly fetish stuff, that's probably over the line," but if the cosplayer's not underaged and the character's design isn't all about being underaged, like Nowi for example, then I'm not sure what the problem is. Nobody's gonna bitch about sexy Indiana Jones cosplay because he was a kid in that one part of Last Crusade.

Anyway, content.

We went to San Japan this year as April O'Neil, Shredder, and Master Splinter:

This Saitama was really into my April, and hurried across the convention floor to get a pic.

Envy

Judgement Paladin

Witch Mercy