Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
tbf like half of those views were Maximillian and Lirik playing it. Literal dog poo poo could get 60,000 views if those guys were streaming it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ophiotaurus
Aug 3, 2014
Also, the DBZ beta is restricted to some very limited times, so everyone is going to cram in to stream/watch. I don't think it changes the general sense of interest, but the viewership ratio is definitely affected by that context.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Bleck posted:

I mean on the one hand I don't doubt it, on the other hand that's some heavy artifacting on a png in the year of our lord 2017

For some reason, the internet has decided that compression artifacts make memes funnier. If anyone ever makes a good tweet, there is a 100% chance you'll eventually get to see it again as a hypercompressed jpg screenshot of the tweet as plain text with no attribution.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

MvCI machine broke.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I know a lot of people are like "lol mvci" but that stream viewer picture thing was bs. I checked out the numbers myself when that image hit the other day and marvel still had more viewers(while dbz beta was live). Some people are just really, really desperate to cast the game in a bad light.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Evil Canadian posted:

I know a lot of people are like "lol mvci" but that stream viewer picture thing was bs. I checked out the numbers myself when that image hit the other day and marvel still had more viewers(while dbz beta was live). Some people are just really, really desperate to cast the game in a bad light.

On average I bet DBFZ pulled better numbers than MVCI when it was on, and I also don't doubt those numbers right as the one mid-afternoon beta hit and every channel went on to stream it, but yeah, it's an extreme case. Hard to use it as a measuring stick when it's an event versus an actual release you can play whenever.

Every time DBFZ was on it was ahead of MVCI when I checked, by the way.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the gently caress is this poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VquIdtzLXpI

WHAT THE gently caress

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Holy poo poo I had no idea Powerman 5000 was still around!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kurtofan posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

It's like they hired someone to do a parody of Devil's Never Cry and then accidentally put that into the game

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

BaconCopter posted:

Holy poo poo I had no idea Powerman 5000 was still around!

this is what its like when functions collide

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myJA9BcgB6Q&hd=1

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Evil Canadian posted:

dbfz had like 30k when marvel was in the low hundreds when the beta was live at some point when i checked

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

anime was right posted:

dbfz had like 30k when marvel was in the low hundreds when the beta was live at some point when i checked

24.7k to 142 right now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/909483684230819841

Some of the combos in this game are very stylish.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So the collectors edition (which costs 200$) comes with infinity stones, and they literally look like plastic easter eggs

https://imgur.com/t/gaming/Zabfx0v

I'd be pretty pissed if I spent 200 bucks for that poo poo

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

McCloud posted:

So the collectors edition (which costs 200$) comes with infinity stones, and they literally look like plastic easter eggs

im not defending this game or capcom or the promo pic vs the final product but i will point out that the final product actually looks more like the infinity stones from the source material (comics) than the ones in the promo pic

production cutting corners? some misguided attempt at adhering more closely to the comic material? who knows?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

Ahahahaha oh nooooooo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i just saw ghost rider use penance stare in this game for the first time. did they just, forget to animate it,

for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPm-3-3Ixw&t=287s

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
spooky skull.gif

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sharrrk posted:

i just saw ghost rider use penance stare in this game for the first time. did they just, forget to animate it,

for reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSPm-3-3Ixw&t=287s

compared to the UMVC3 one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I7C06x7rg8&t=147s

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
if you dont have the skull on screen how can you know it was ghost rider come on be serious

e: I'm reminded of how great the level 3 super activation sound from Ultimate was

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I can't find any solid plans for either a physical guide or an app with frame data. I know Brady made the UMvC guide but I don't think they exist anymore

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

McCloud posted:

Anybody who buys a collectors edition with special plastic dolls should expect it to be total poo poo quality, because it always is. Especially when it seems like 'good value' with 4 big dolls and some other stuff for no more than it usually costs for some crappy map and a single dude.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

CubsWoo posted:

I can't find any solid plans for either a physical guide or an app with frame data. I know Brady made the UMvC guide but I don't think they exist anymore

Brady and Prima's respective parent companies merged a few years ago. The merger took a while to filter down to them, but eventually it kicked in. The current Prima Games is the result.

Source: I do some freelance work for them. As far as I know, there will not be a paper guide for Infinite.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

2017 Character Pack DLC characters now confirmed as Sigma, Black Panther, Monster Hunter, Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Venom.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CubsWoo posted:

2017 Character Pack DLC characters now confirmed as Sigma, Black Panther, Monster Hunter, Winter Soldier, Black Widow and Venom.

The hell only 2 capcom characters.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I mean you see any other capcom games coming out? :smug:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

None of those characters are Asura or Squirrel Girl

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

There's some speculation that Black Widow is actually the Capcom character from Slam Masters but that seems... unlikely.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

That would be absolutely hilarious.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Fellblade posted:

There's some speculation that Black Widow is actually the Capcom character from Slam Masters but that seems... unlikely.

marvel/disney wouldn't let capcom use a character that shares a name with one of their own characters

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyway. lets speculate at just how bad and cheap venom is going to look.

I'm going with super bad and low quality.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Asked about story mode about a week ago...

MonsterEnvy posted:

Was it fun?

The game's story mode is actually very well done, albeit short. Way better than what SF5 did and easily on Netherrealm's level. As long as you can get past all of Capcom's stuff taking place in the same world at the same time, it's a genuinely fun story that would make for a decent event comic. They toss in some unique challenges, characters interact in fun ways, few of the fights feel completely contrived, it doesn't go for the easy "one villain has all the Infinity Stones" plot and it's even told well. While the stuff from the demo is the weakest part, it's still cool that they dive months into the story to get all the needless introductory stuff out of the way. Not that there isn't a flashback to explain how all this happened, but that's like 3/4 in.

The whole hybrid reality gimmick is pretty neat too. Haggar's the mayor of New Metro City, Tony Stark shares a lab with the hologram Dr. Light, Monster Hunter is Black Panther's bodyguard in Valkanda, MODOK runs AIMbrella, etc.

So while I think the story mode is really good overall, the post-credits is still hilariously dumb. Thanos tries to destroy Death (for cheating on him with Jedah) by creating the Satsui no Hado Gauntlet and the last shot is him throwing a Hadoken at her. It needs to be an avatar.

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011
Every character in the leak confirmed except for Gill :argh:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MonsterEnvy posted:

marvel execs: that's 2 too many

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Gavok posted:

So while I think the story mode is really good overall, the post-credits is still hilariously dumb. Thanos tries to destroy Death (for cheating on him with Jedah) by creating the Satsui no Hado Gauntlet and the last shot is him throwing a Hadoken at her. It needs to be an avatar.

marvel vs capcom infinite is good now

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Gavok posted:

I take it all back. Give Capcom all the money

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

CubsWoo posted:

Of course two of my most wanted characters (Black Panther and Black Widow) are locked behind this scummy season pass deal

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Honestly I am more annoyed by Sgima being locked behind it. As Sigma is one of the main villains of this piece. Question Gavok do you actually fight normal Sigma during the story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm annoyed that Sigma gets to finally be in a fighting game and it's gotta be a bad one

• Locked thread