Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm

Am I a God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Is djdaddo messing with you?

Hauling a transmission around is a lot of effort for a prank.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The trans has been here since I arrived, standing testament to 4 days of wasted time as the only part pulled for a guaranteed sale.

The dick shaped ant temple, however

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

shy boy from chess club posted:

Some people call them a Kaiser blade

I got some mustard for your biscuits.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ah. I thought you'd posted earlier that the Jeep and the transmission were both gone and somehow the tranny had magically reappeared.

My bad. Carry on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Send them goatse. Its a just punishment.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tell them he died in the cold due to their delay.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I GOT YOUR PACKAGE RIGHT HERE

(no but seriously it's left Pierre for reals this time)

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016
What's the plan when the tools arrive? How close to moving is the truck?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

What's the plan when the tools arrive? How close to moving is the truck?

Fix front brake clearance to the linkage, reassemble rear brakes, reconnect fuel pump wiring, wire in the lights, conneCT cooling system, escape with the brides

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Mail came, no debit card no packages no tools no smokes and nothing to do but wait again

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

DICK DICER posted:

Fix front brake clearance to the linkage, reassemble rear brakes, reconnect fuel pump wiring, wire in the lights, conneCT cooling system, escape with the brides

Oh man, that doesn't seem like a very long list, exciting!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

Mail came, no debit card no packages no tools no smokes and nothing to do but wait again

Can't tell if lies or early post.
We have boxxx.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

FedEx seems to have the weirdest delivery route out there.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

That looks like a box on the FB group

Greyhound Cargo; gently caress you, it'll get there eventually (maybe) (if you're lucky) (gently caress you poors)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

ExplodingSims posted:

FedEx seems to have the weirdest delivery route out there.

The most expensive part is the final delivery to the recipient. As long as the box can be shipped with lots of others, it's cheap to bounce it from one hub to another. That's why they can take rather circuitous routes - most of it really doesn't cost anything.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

UPS says at least one package got to you today!

e: let's debiggen that.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

MA-Horus posted:

That looks like a box on the FB group

Greyhound Cargo; gently caress you, it'll get there eventually (maybe) (if you're lucky) (gently caress you poors)

Yup, that's the one. I'm shocked that it was still together.

Dave, did everything that was in it arrive / survive?

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Hey Dave, I've been lurking for ages, stoked to see you've gotten your bike back. :3:

My boyfriend actually has a Grater 2 as his work bike, without the fancy IGH, and they're generally pretty sturdy but there's a couple of weak points you might wanna look out for:

The brake mount posts are made of the cheesiest grade alu known to man and the threads can get hosed up super easily.
Put some copper grease or something else to stop galvanic corrosion on the fender screw immediately behind the bottom bracket, because that poo poo will weld itself in there otherwise.
If you can, consider pulling the wheel hubs apart and check if there's any grease in there, my boy killed his front hub by riding it dry and grinding everything to dust. Yours looks like it has higher quality wheels though so that hopefully won't be an issue.
Not bike specific, but I've killed two sets of Truvativ cranks/bottom brackets when the screw holding the LH crank arm backed out and let the crank arm wander/fall off.

Other than that they're solid bikes, he's put ~7,000km on his in 12 months and it hasn't missed a beat. Yours has far nicer brakes too and obviously the IGH removes a bunch of exposed moving parts which means there's less bullshit to go wrong on it.

Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know by the way, I know you obviously know your poo poo wrt wrenching on cars but have no clue what your bicycle experience is. :shobon:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

DICK DICER posted:

WIIIIISE FWOM YOUW GWAVE

fuel Altered beast

I like how the VW has been re positioned so it'll be watching you the entire time you work on the truck :v:

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I kind of lost the thread on this (heh), but what's the story with the house lord inchman sheltered in last time?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Djdanno moved out, but his family still owns the property, and no-one lives there for now.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

ExplodingSims posted:

Djdanno moved out, but his family still owns the property, and no-one lives there for now.

His family knows about this, right? And hopefully don't know about the jeep?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

As Nero Danced posted:

This fall, guess who's coming for Thanksgiving dinner.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

As Nero Danced posted:

Everybody in Valentine knows about the Jeep. Dave has said that djdaddo (djdanno's dad) drops by almost daily to check on him, so it's all cool.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Dave's gonna be mayor in a year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He seems more like an El Presidente to me.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Only thing I'm worried about is that there has been complete silence from Dave since the boxx arrived this morning. I hope Valentine is OK. What have we unleashed?

Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds :ohdear:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Valentine is a Borg cube now.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
poo poo takes forever getting a bike reassembled, tuned up, dialed in, and fiddled with. I believe it may have a rear brake circuit fluid leak, and I'm wishing I had a cigarette and some quick steel. Aside from that all is not well in Valentine. Djdaddo wants the truck gone like yesterday, and the ongoing lack of tools no forward progress and now essentially setting up a squatters camp with a trailer that still has yet to see a socket set arrive, like I'm really kind of strongly suggesting to Larry it's time to plan how to bring the truck to him in Florida.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

I got one too, I haven't bothered to tell them how hard they can go gently caress themselves yet.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

DICK DICER posted:

poo poo takes forever getting a bike reassembled, tuned up, dialed in, and fiddled with. I believe it may have a rear brake circuit fluid leak, and I'm wishing I had a cigarette and some quick steel. Aside from that all is not well in Valentine. Djdaddo wants the truck gone like yesterday, and the ongoing lack of tools no forward progress and now essentially setting up a squatters camp with a trailer that still has yet to see a socket set arrive, like I'm really kind of strongly suggesting to Larry it's time to plan how to bring the truck to him in Florida.

I mean, it's been there a year, what's another few daysweeksmonths?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Would one of those basic tool kits that True Value sells get you going, or are they a waste of money?

http://www.truevalue.com/thumbnail/Hand-Power-Tools/Sockets-Socket-Tools/Socket-Sets/pc/5/c/2551/2306.uts?mode=viewall

Ace has in-store pickup so it would be an easy way to get you started. I have no idea what is on its way at this point or if this is even necessary.

I know you're champing at the bit to get started on stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The box of stuff I sent to Dave came back to me this morning. The contents were too heavy and tore through the end so half the sockets and wrenches were lost. Not a big loss as they weren't high quality but annoying as poo poo.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Rhyno posted:

The box of stuff I sent to Dave came back to me this morning. The contents were too heavy and tore through the end so half the sockets and wrenches were lost. Not a big loss as they weren't high quality but annoying as poo poo.

Wow, that sucks to hear.
If anyone was sending tools is it worthwhile to point out that only SAE is required?
If this was in australia I would send mine because I never need SAE/imperial tools.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MikeyTsi posted:

I mean, it's been there a year, what's another few daysweeksmonths?

The fact that the land owner does not desire my or others presence and I haven't even gotten to a place where I can even begin doing anything , alone out here, with Larry not scheduled to be off for another MONTH is actually a legitimate concern now which is why I vote we switch to truck recovery thinking.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

The fact that the land owner does not desire my or others presence and I haven't even gotten to a place where I can even begin doing anything , alone out here, with Larry not scheduled to be off for another MONTH is actually a legitimate concern now which is why I vote we switch to truck recovery thinking.

Was anyone given a heads up about this? I realize it ain't our land ain't our poo poo but a lot of people did a lot of poo poo on the assumption this was cool to do. Can DJDanno weigh in here what is the status? I am very concerned hearing this.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Well this is unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
what is the ballpark weight for this truck and will it fit on a uhaul trailer?

• Locked thread