Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Much appreciated! Maybe I'll do the Sturm quest in the high 270s to leapfrog me into 285 because screw handcannons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mailer posted:

Much appreciated! Maybe I'll do the Sturm quest in the high 270s to leapfrog me into 285 because screw handcannons.

Draug and the mida mini will also drop at the same light level as a powerful engram, but not as much higher as the actual exotics, so you could do both the quest lines for the legendaries then do sturm then mida

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
My Mida Mini dropped at 284 and then Mida Multi Tool dropped at 296.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Warlock jumps are awful, jfc.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

Normally I'd be sympathetic, but you stole Weapons of Light and Blessing of Light and Twilight Garrison, so suffer :mad:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Feelin' pretty good about Space Wizard Barbie

Not feelin' so great about not being able to even attempt Nightfall with a non-pub group. Or even able to get a fireteam together to do regular poo poo. Playing solo is getting old :(

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Play with goons.

We did the nightfall last night. We had 12 minutes left on the clock

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

precision posted:

Feelin' pretty good about Space Wizard Barbie

Not feelin' so great about not being able to even attempt Nightfall with a non-pub group. Or even able to get a fireteam together to do regular poo poo. Playing solo is getting old :(

whatever time you are getting on to do things, there are goons just sitting around in the discord

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

poptart_fairy posted:

The warlock jumps are my favourite of all the classes. Git gud son

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Darth Windu posted:

Note that you need to do the heroic version of public events to get exotic drops, I didn't know this until recently but there are a bunch of different things you need to do to turn events into their heroic versions

I got an exotic from a normal event yesterday, didn't even have a loot buff active.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Linx posted:

The warlock jumps are my favourite of all the classes. Git gud son

I'm trying to do but I'm getting so mad. :negative:

My warlock is currently dumped at level 7 on Titan, because I cannot make one of the jumps just beyond the first Hive encounter. No matter what version of the jump glide I take, my warlock always falls short and I plunge into the sea. The complete lack of vertical travel is killing me, literally.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sefal posted:

Play with goons.

I intend to, I'm in the Salt Miners and I keep posting when I'll be online. :( There are always clan people playing, I've just never gotten an invite to join a Fireteam and nobody ever responds to my invites. :shrug:

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

poptart_fairy posted:

My warlock is currently dumped at level 7 on Titan, because I cannot make one of the jumps just beyond the first Hive encounter. No matter what version of the jump glide I take, my warlock always falls short and I plunge into the sea. The complete lack of vertical travel is killing me, literally.

It’s weird to try and describe because once it sort of clicks you just know how to do it forever. I’m pretty sure that movement speed prior to jumping and the time between tapping jump both determine the jump.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

The warlock jump requires momentum when activated to get any real distance, horizontally and vertically. You basically want to sprint and double tap jump. Titans want a little time before they activate lift, hunters want to space out their jumps, but warlocks need to just gun it full throttle and pray.

The payoff for the slight activation awkwardness is the best fine control of any of the three abilities.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Warlock Flying being so good and fun is the main reason I haven't started an alt character yet. I only played Hunter in D1 and really don't want to go back to not being able to glide errywhere

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

poptart_fairy posted:

Take the height boost jump, always sprint and always double tap jump. Theres no reason ever to not just rapid double tap the jump, and warlocks need forward momentum more than anyone else.

I think you're on xbone so add me (Brixton Regular) theres usually a few of us running on GMT or euro time. Last night our group of thumbless malcontents managed Rat King with seconds to spare with a ~260 group.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'll play around with speed and double tapping a bit more then. Thanks guys. I like the warlock's abilities infinitely more than the hunter, but this jump stuff is aggravating.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I also wanna join and say that the warlock jump is great once you get the hang of it. Just keep in mind the fast double tap and sprinting almost always helps.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Prel posted:

It just rotates through showing all the possible things that could be in there because the UI bit for that is not large enough to show everything. It's not showing you a set selection that it will choose from if you decode it right then.

Sounds more :bungie: than Bungie to show a pool only a fraction the size possible to display, or to even allow inspection at all. I'm also surprised by the ostensible number of exotics if engrams being weighted to weapons and class armor is too many still. I mean, cool, people are getting poo poo outside the seven or so possibilities shown but I definitely ain't.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I may just not "get" Scoot Roofs, but I'm really enjoying Multi-Tool. Doesn't seem to fire as slow as the others, and the wicked reload speed is really nice.

Just too bad I can never seem to get any legendary scout rifle drops ever since I got it, though.

e: Warlock jumps: they're the jumps that feel the most natural to me, since it feels like a bell curve of speed as opposed to the linear Titan jump and the Hunter's spike.

gently caress the teleport, though. I want to use it, but it's so short of a range plus zero verticality. You'll end up whiffing every jump. I'm convinced it's only meant for Crucible.

pulp rag fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 18, 2017

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Darth Windu posted:

Note that you need to do the heroic version of public events to get exotic drops, I didn't know this until recently but there are a bunch of different things you need to do to turn events into their heroic versions

I think just making an event heroic ups the chance of an exotic dropping. I have seen pubbies do the normal version and pull an exotic out of the chest.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I get annoyed when someone shows up last second to an event and gets exotic engrams, where I get nothing but another sidearm. :mad:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Adregan posted:

I think just making an event heroic ups the chance of an exotic dropping. I have seen pubbies do the normal version and pull an exotic out of the chest.

Yep. It wasn't until I was getting close to the end of story missions that I began to figure out how to turn missions into heroic, and I got a handful of exotics from drops before.

Related, I really enjoy that it's not randomly decided a mission is going to be heroic - it's based on if you and the people you're doing it with can manage to unlock it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

poptart_fairy posted:

I get annoyed when someone shows up last second to an event and gets exotic engrams, where I get nothing but another sidearm. :mad:

the grass is always greener on the other side

Dude could have been grinding for hours before...

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Grinding Heroic PEs is a great way to get exotics IMO. I was averaging like 2 legendary and 1 exotic engram every 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately they were all dupes instead of the god damned Mask of the Quiet One I've been trying to find.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I've got a shitload of exotics but they were all the middling ones, now I'm just getting doubles every time instead of new ones. Hope they don't nerf the drop rates like some are suggesting, don't care if they don't feel "special" when you can get doubles.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Yesterday i did Callus with a group and it was seriously unfun.

I think most wipes where just accidents. Is not a hard fight, we did not killed callus.

It seems that the raid don't give high level gear anymore, and the raid gear don't have perks to make the raid easier. lol, Bungie, you had one job.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 18, 2017

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So are reputation engrams permanently capped at 275? My characters are 284/282 and it now seems pointless to use the Gunsmith as I don't need guns 10-15 light below what I have. Will there be a bump up when I hit 285, or is that it?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Lumpy posted:

So are reputation engrams permanently capped at 275? My characters are 284/282 and it now seems pointless to use the Gunsmith as I don't need guns 10-15 light below what I have. Will there be a bump up when I hit 285, or is that it?

Weapon and Armor mods don't affect rewards. Your light without mods is likely 280. If it were 281 you would get 276 engrams.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Rubellavator posted:

Weapon and Armor mods don't affect rewards. Your light without mods is likely 280. If it were 281 you would get 276 engrams.

Aaaahhhhh! Makes sense. Thanks for the info; it was baffling me!

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I'm using the Halfdan-D auto rifle right now and kinda liking it. It's 360 rounds per minute so super slow but it hits hard.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

poptart_fairy posted:

Definitely. I switched to Blink, and just kept getting a headache. :barf: Definitely going to try out all the hints post3ed here though.On the topic of hints, fun things that are probably obvious to most, but I didn't discover till recently

Mainly the Fireteam Medal ticks down even when not playing, and that :siren:you can stash sparrows so your alts can use them while levelling instead of sprinting everywhere.:siren:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

I've got a shitload of exotics but they were all the middling ones, now I'm just getting doubles every time instead of new ones. Hope they don't nerf the drop rates like some are suggesting, don't care if they don't feel "special" when you can get doubles.

It's feast or famine, I've had two exotic engrams since game launch.

But I have a long history of destiny rng loving me over, so maybe it's just me.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

limited posted:

Definitely. I switched to Blink, and just kept getting a headache. :barf:

I think Blink is a pvp thing, where done in the proper moment everyone will be confused, you a bit less.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Cool, reported to Bungie! :cheers:

Looks like they hit them already. Name is just numbers now.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Daric posted:

I'm using the Halfdan-D auto rifle right now and kinda liking it. It's 360 rounds per minute so super slow but it hits hard.

I tried the halfdan, but went back the scathelocke.
After various loadouts in the crucible yesterday, i found that Scathelocke/Uriel/quickfang was where i kept hitting my stride.
Tried sunshot and lucky pants, but maybe my aim isn't good enough. Dunno. Scathe/Uriel is a bit cheesey, but gently caress it i need them wins.

For my ego's sake.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I haven't found Sunshot to be any good in PVP either. It needs just a little bit too long to kill someone, and the explosion is very rarely a difference maker. I'm still using Uriel's more than anything else.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
What are these guns, I only know the MIDA multi tool

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Going max resilience/recovery at the cost of mobility made the last section of the gauntlet room...a little less fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Linx posted:

What are these guns, I only know the MIDA multi tool

I'm waiting to hit the 270s before I do the exotic gun quests :(

On that note, really looking forward to hitting clan level 2 this week and seeing what the increased rewards are like.