Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think there's ten imageless characters on the selector

Ain and Big Mom are the only ones I can recall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I failed.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know how Duke Dog got ranked so low, pretty sure I voted on him consistently.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Gangster Gastino is legit one of the best jokes Oda's ever written in a comic with 25 years of great jokes/gags.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Last Celebration posted:

Gangster Gastino is legit one of the best jokes Oda's ever written in a comic with 25 years of great jokes/gags.

oda has spent decades using title card that are a name over a name and he subverts it in probably the best way imaginable

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Laffin at that guy getting angry that someone dared disturb his Zoro/Perona discussion with a gangster gastino joke.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah, it is!

It also gets less funny every time this thread brings it up.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Work Friend Keven posted:

Laffin at that guy getting angry that someone dared disturb his Zoro/Perona discussion with a gangster gastino joke.

Uh, Blockhouse wasn't talking about Zoro x Persona, I was, cause that's my ship.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hate-Senpai posted:

Uh, Blockhouse wasn't talking about Zoro x Persona, I was, cause that's my ship.

we're basically indistinguishable

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i was worried the day where people started talking about one piece characters bangin would come

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Snazzy Frocks posted:

i was worried the day where people started talking about one piece characters bangin would come

Worry no more, it's here.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I think Ussop would be the one banging on the drums.

Luffy probably gets a trumpet.

Zoro gets one of those triangle ding things.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Hate-Senpai posted:

Someone bought him one, but he doesn't remember where he left it.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah, it is!

It also gets less funny every time this thread brings it up.

One guy brought it up in an okay post though?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God dammit Zoro!!!!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Last Celebration posted:

One guy brought it up in an okay post though?

no, fun and joking is not allowed in this serious discussion of one piece. now tell me who you think would have the best devil fruit power in bed right this second

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

TriffTshngo posted:

no, fun and joking is not allowed in this serious discussion of one piece. now tell me who you think would have the best devil fruit power in bed right this second

Foxy

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Door Door Fruit, depending on how far the doors can travel cause can you imagine how much you could save on transportation?

You could also be unbeatable in a fight, because you could just run into your own dimension and wait for the enemy to leave.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Blueno has to travel an analogous journey through the Door-Door dimension every time he uses it I think, else there's no reason CP9 would have had to take the Sea Train back to Enies Lobby if he could just open a door and fast travel there with them. Or that he doesn't instantaneously teleport to places. Whenever he does disappear he only ever reappears after a roughly equal time to however long the journey would normally take. At least, he does as far as I can recall - I could just be forgetting something.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That's right, he can still get around quickly but only because he has the shave ability.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

60 posts about shipping and its not break week i love this.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

everyone knows that she bangs the drums, not he

so it'd probably be nami

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I'm not sure how Blueno's fruit is useful in bed aside from if he's the type of guy to leave in the morning before they wake up.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hate-Senpai posted:

Franky is the Strawhat drummer. You can't tell me you don't want to see him drink sake and turn out some 80's glam rock hair before banging on a set of custom drums, his tiny precision hands going mental on the sticks. Zoro is the lead guitarist, just because he'd either have a triple necked guitar or play 3 guitars at once and either would be awesome. Sanji is the bassist, because it'd be just a bit worse than Zoro. Usopp is the DJ; he already has the headphones, and he just seems like an electronica kind of guy. The kind who'd enjoy spinning discs and loving around with other people's stuff to see what he can create out of it. Robin would rock a saxophone or maybe a violin, because she's a classy lassy and I can see her being in to Jazz. Luffy is lead vocals, since (a) he's the main character, (b) he'd be unable to play anything and (c) he'd go hog wild singing and really get in to the performance. Brook is obviously the keyboard. Chopper would have the triangle, because it can make him feel included even if it doesn't add much :(

Nami is the manager raking in beli and Jinbe is the combined hypeman/roadie.

Edit: I just realised Barto is the obvious Strawhat band hypeman, not Jinbe. Jinbe can be stage director, who always has big, elaborate stage plans.

tsob fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 18, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Who opens for The Strawhats

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

uh clearly frankie is the roadie that sets up the stage

brook literally plays an instrument and sings in the actual series and it's messed up that you deny him his rightful place

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Scratchman Apoo Ft. The Fakehats.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Sinners Sandwich posted:

The Strawhats open for Soul King.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

tsob posted:

Franky is the Strawhat drummer. You can't tell me you don't want to see him drink sake and turn out some 80's glam rock hair before banging on a set of custom drums, his tiny precision hands going mental on the sticks. Zoro is the lead guitarist, just because he'd either have a triple necked guitar or play 3 guitars at once and either would be awesome. Sanji is the bassist, because it'd be just a bit worse than Zoro. Usopp is the DJ; he already has the headphones, and he just seems like an electronica kind of guy. The kind who'd enjoy spinning discs and loving around with other people's stuff to see what he can create out of it. Robin would rock a saxophone or maybe a violin, because she's a classy lassy and I can see her being in to Jazz. Luffy is lead vocals, since (a) he's the main character, (b) he'd be unable to play anything and (c) he'd go hog wild singing and really get in to the performance. Brook is obviously the keyboard. Chopper would have the triangle, because it can make him feel included even if it doesn't add much :(

Edit: I just realised Barto is the obvious Strawhat band hypeman, not Jinbe. Jinbe can be stage director, who always has big, elaborate stage plans.

Robin would be a much better drummer, she can create extra limbs to pull off drum combos most would never think of attempting.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Manatee Cannon posted:

uh clearly frankie is the roadie that sets up the stage

brook literally plays an instrument and sings in the actual series and it's messed up that you deny him his rightful place

Franky would be a great roadie, especially since he already loves building stuff. The image of him playing drums is too good to pass up for me though, so screw suitability. Also, Brook is basically a musical savante and can sing and play multiple instruments as well as use music as a weapon, but he was still the piano player in the Rumbar pirates, wants to support Luffy and is obviously happy playing accompaniment in a band rather than front man; a position Luffy would probably gravitate toward given his personality and bombast.

Kuroyama posted:

Robin would be a much better drummer, she can create extra limbs to pull off drum combos most would never think of attempting.

She could, but she won't. It would be embarrassing. Never speak of it again.

tsob fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 18, 2017

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Who better to hype the The Strawhats up than their number 1 Fan, Bartlejuice.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

TriffTshngo posted:

I'm not sure how Blueno's fruit is useful in bed aside from if he's the type of guy to leave in the morning before they wake up.
I'm sure he can come up with something creative with this effect.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Zoro being the drummer makes perfect sense, but why the gently caress doesn't he have a third drumstick in his mouth.

Get it together Oda.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

tsob posted:

Pretty sure Brooke pulled out q violin at some point.too.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tsob posted:

Sanji is the bassist, because it'd be just a bit worse than Zoro.

yo what the gently caress

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah sanji is way behind zoro now

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

SatansBestBuddy posted:

yo what the gently caress

Bass is a necessary and important part of almost any band's sound, but bass players don't get the fame or attention lead guitar players do.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
All Zoro is good for is being a fightman and he isn't even as good at that as Luffy

Without Sanji they would die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Zoro is the coolest and frequently the funniest