Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Since Marshawn isn't our RB anymore, we don't have a running attack that can work behind a shoddy line. Eddie Lacy wasn't the answer last week. Maybe Rawls is, but goddamn he never plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I can't help but think that when Rawls broke his ankle, it was more hosed up than the coaches let on, and he'll never be the same again. "Healthy Thomas Rawls" is more of an abstract concept these days.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd rather have beanie wells over rawls. the hawks should take lacy to a chinese buffet and let him get his mojo back (or not, i'm fine with him getting 3 yards a game on .6 ypa)

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

TheFace posted:

Lol if you really think their line is fine

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/9/1...t-germain-ifedi

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Right, this is the year that the OL will start to ~~magically~~ do better because numbers! Cherry picking sack and QB hit stats nothing. This guy is completely ignoring how almost every play was broken up instantly and Wilson was scrambling half the game.
They didn't do better near the end of the season last year because they became all experienced and woke- RW wasn't hobbled anymore and could scramble out of more situations.
They're going to look half competent the next few weeks because they're playing against bad or mediocre teams, and people will think "oh, things are fine!"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Not that there's a conspiracy, but that ejection of Lane was absolutely indefensible.

Oh I absolutely 100% agree. The league desperately needs to institute instant replay for fouls, IMO. Run it just like the rest, coach can toss a red flag and the foul call gets reviewed. Lane didn't throw a punch and didn't instigate the fight either.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Benne posted:

State of the Seahawks' O-line in 2017: People legitimately nostalgic for Breno Giacomini.

Germain Ifedi needs to loving start showing something soon, because he's already looking like a bust. The one time Schneider doesn't trade out of the first round and he uses his pick on this rear end in a top hat.

The whole line stinks. I'm glad Frank Clark knocked ifedi out in practice. Pre-emptive pay back for sucking.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
its ok the seahawks investigated and found Clark did nothing unacceptable

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The only good players on the Seahawks OL are both centers, and they're going to ruin poor Pocic :(

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

I was wondering when they would post another Tom Cable apologism article. Field Gulls is usually pretty decent but they always try to go against the general fan discontent with Cable to try and show how oh no if you look statistically the line isn't that bad and will get better! It's infuriating

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Its Rinaldo posted:

I was wondering when they would post another Tom Cable apologism article. Field Gulls is usually pretty decent but they always try to go against the general fan discontent with Cable to try and show how oh no if you look statistically the line isn't that bad and will get better! It's infuriating

Fieldgulls is trash outside of Danny Kelly. Similarly, NinersNation is garbage unless it's something from the salary cap guy or one of the Better Rivals duo.

Basically SBNation predominantly sucks.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals one is just a news site with pff style winners and losers so it's a low attention required news feed for my rss reader. i don't get how people get wrapped up in the comments section as a discussion forum but i guess that's true of every site these days

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Coldforge posted:

Fieldgulls is trash outside of Danny Kelly. Similarly, NinersNation is garbage unless it's something from the salary cap guy or one of the Better Rivals duo.

Basically SBNation predominantly sucks.

Danny Kelly doesn't write for field Gulls anymor :smith:

Samuel Gold does film analysis on YouTube that's pretty good except his flat tones. He mostly does Seahawks stuff but he's been branchinbout to other teams and is worth a look

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This is early season Seahawks. The o line will be a trash fire until maybe it isn't. @Green Bay may have been the hardest game on the schedule, so hopefully there will be some week to week improvement as they all get time together. Even Joeckel is still young, so it's at least *possible* in a way it wasn't last year with Sowell and Webb.

That being said, the offensive coaches need to realize way earlier on in the game when to cut bait with the power offense stuff. That line wasn't giving anyone lanes last week. I know going hurry up might put Rodgers on the field faster but you sure as gently caress aren't keeping him off by going 3 and out.

There isn't any conspiracy on Seahawks penalties, and by my eye the defense actually played pretty penalty-free outside the usual Rodgers hard count horseshit. Last week was just incompetent officiating, which is frustrating. But given the way the defense played, the only reason the officiating was that big of an issue was that the offense did NOTHING. The bad calls would be a footnote if they could have even put up two touchdowns against a generally very average defense.

As a side note, the Lane ejection was bullcrap, but it may end up being great for the team in the long run because I don't think Lane is very good. Throwing Griffin into the fire was a brutal start to his career, but he acquitted himself really well.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NFCW lookin good

https://twitter.com/RMSummerlin/status/909535133681799168

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I love that every team in this division is trash. Just like old times.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Benne posted:

I love that every team in this division is trash. Just like old times.

Rams are the class of the division. I just threw up a little.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

update: 7 quarters, no TDs

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Chaos will reign supreme and the Niners will beat the Rams 49-0 on Thursday night

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DariusLikewise posted:

Chaos will reign supreme and the Niners will beat the Rams 49-0 on Thursday night

Good. gently caress the rams.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Pete, your offense! Woof!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Brian Hoyer is extremely poopy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

CEE

JAY

BEAT

HARD

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
http://www.theonion.com/article/refs-let-49ers-put-many-men-field-they-want-56953

SEATTLE—Sighing into the microphone as he stood at the 50-yard line of Centurylink Field, NFL referee Gene Steratore ruled during Sunday’s game that the San Francisco 49ers could put as many men on the field as they want. “You know what, the offense may have however many guys they need on the field to make this loving thing close,” declared Steratore while waving the 49ers sideline onto the field before picking up the flag he had initially thrown for an illegal substitution. “Put 12 or 13 men in the huddle if you need to, or put the whole goddamn roster on the field. gently caress it, they’re all eligible receivers, too. Go 15-wide if that’s what you gotta do.” At press time, a visibly frustrated Steratore had ruled that, for all he cared, the 49ers could also violently shake an opposing players’ facemask or tear a ball carrier down by the collar if they could get close enough.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Now let's not g. . . :(

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Benne posted:

Yes, there were more than a few Gabbert-esq plays I saw today from him

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

MakaVillian posted:

Yes, there were more than a few Gabbert-esq plays I saw today from him

Well he has demonstrated great accuracy in completing passes to opposing linebackers, maybe that's something we can build on

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Well he has demonstrated great accuracy in completing passes to opposing linebackers, maybe that's something we can build on

I'm pretty sure he just has a strange eye disease that makes him unable to see inside linebackers. Luke Kuechly did the same thing to him last week.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Honestly? I didn't think Hoyer was nearly as bad as advertised.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hoyer freauently bounces passes off his recievers' hands and chests.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Manoueverable posted:

Honestly? I didn't think Hoyer was nearly as bad as advertised.

He threw for 89 yards

Seahawks offense is bad. Tennessee is gonna turn them into fine powder if they play like that next week.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Coldforge posted:

I'm pretty sure he just has a strange eye disease that makes him unable to see inside linebackers. Luke Kuechly did the same thing to him last week.

Mark Glowinski has a strange eye disease that makes him unable to see an inside pass rush.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's gonna be the first time in awhile that I'm scared to play Tennessee.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/PFF_Jeff/status/909790904252112896

2015 7th round pick looking pretty good so far, against two great defensive fronts.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
A good follow up to last week's Seahawks o-line.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/909855192216166401

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

A good follow up to last week's Seahawks o-line.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/909855192216166401

Haha! Holy poo poo, what a clown show!

I kinda feel bad for Russell Wilson. Hmmm, no I don't.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Haha! Holy poo poo, what a clown show!

I kinda feel bad for Russell Wilson. Hmmm, no I don't.

When do the Rams play them? I can't wait to see Donald break the NFL record for sacks in game (and Wilson's soul).

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Coldforge posted:

When do the Rams play them?

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2017/REG/SEAHAWKS

Weeks 5 and 15

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Carroll hinted in his press conference today at scheme and personnel changes, said that Aboushi, Pocic, and Tobin are all pushing for OL time. Could they actually move toward a hurry-up, read option offense? I'll believe it when I see it.

Have to think they do something different on the right side of the line this week. It looked to me like the left side was somewhat better, but that Glowinski and Ifedi were *so* bad that it didn't matter.

Glow at least has to go, he's shown nothing for two years now. The rest of the line will gel somewhat, I just hope they do it in time to avoid injury to Russ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Thank you, Alexa. Can you order me more Tang and cat food now? Also, please read me Twilight. I haven't left the house in a month and I need human contact.

• Locked thread