Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The Final Power That Shouldn't Be Used :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

sassassin posted:

There's nothing special about how he does it, Frieza and Vegeta both use it to the same effect.

If anything, Freeza uses it to better effect. Krillin only got his tail, Freeza cut himself in half!

That said, Krillin is the undeniable expert at throwing the Discs very fast. This is replicated in-game, 18 can only throw one, Freeza can throw two, Krillin can keep throwing so long as he has Ki to burn. That's likely the reason why Krillin's Kienzan is higher-ranked than 18's.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm glad Fighter Z at least appears to have more depth than Extreme Butoden 2 on the 3DS. When it was first talked about that everyone had similar combos and commands I was worried it would be the EB2 system of, everyone has one combo, exactly the same button presses, and launching a special depends on if they are in the air or not, which one is thrown.

This is looking awesome so far.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pierson posted:

17's fakeout-assist where he just stands there and talks fuckin' rules.

It's not a fake-out. He's doing his "no one interfere with 18's fight" speech from when she fought Vegeta and if your opponent uses an assist 17 zips over and blasts it

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

It's not a fake-out. He's doing his "no one interfere with 18's fight" speech from when she fought Vegeta and if your opponent uses an assist 17 zips over and blasts it
What a weird but cool bit to turn into a gameplay mechanic.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Blockhouse posted:

Oh man, that's the best idea for an assist I've ever heard.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If there are other characters that call in help I hope that negates them too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Justin_Brett posted:

If there are other characters that call in help I hope that negates them too.

Right now the only other character like that is Freeza (Sorbet shoots his ring beam from offscreen) but since that's off-screen I don't know if it'll do anything

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blockhouse posted:

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/900485755109289984

https://twitter.com/AlzarathEX/status/900565768940785664

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nJ8qzUyAEE

This channel is doing an amazing job at showing how detailed ASW is when it comes to staying true to the anime and manga. It's impressive.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

The fact that it stuffs the assist AND hits the active character rules.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yamcha confirmed, Tien confirmed (with Chiaotzu as assist), and a new Android 21 character. No videos yet.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/09/16/yamcha-tien-and-new-character-android-21-are-coming-to-dragon-ball-fighterz/

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Android 21 is a 21/10.

Also I'm surprised that duo got in, it's their first ASW game. I'm glad though, Yamcha has fun moves and is usually a very fun character, I don't think he'll be any different here.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Don't know if this was posted previously, but apparently the Beta just dropped this weekend and a lot of people are streaming.

Looks like a fair number of palette swaps to keep your characters identified between teams so you can color match whole teams. Looks like Blue, Red, Green, Yellow/Orange and Black/White that I've seen, but I don't know how you keep track as each one on the team is just Color 1, Color 2, etc.

Apparently the MP lobby everyone runs around with AVs that look like the Fusion Chibis, so that's cute. Seems like you can run with any of the playable characters and any of the color sets. As mentioned above Yamcha, Tien and Android 21 (OC do not steal) have been announced, but not shown as far as I am aware.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lobok posted:

Yamcha confirmed

preordering the inevitable switch edition whenever i loving can

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Not putting down any money until the Ginyu Force is announced. Like, the whole team. Occupying one slot.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
So he'd be Captain Commando? It's not impossible-Supersonic Warriors and Warriors 2 ran with this.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Bloodly posted:

So he'd be Captain Commando?

If 18 can have 17 and Tien can have Chiaotzu, then Ginyu can have his whole squad.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
So would the swap button just cycle you through all 5 guys in order? You don't get to play as Ginyu + 2 other full characters, but instead if you choose Ginyu that's your whole 3 man team? That could be super interesting. You'd have to be good at playing all 5 characters to be effective.

Speaking of super, a little surprised we don't have any characters more recent than Buu in the flow of things. We have gold Frieza as a super move, but no Berus, no Hit or SSJB or even SSJ-God. But there's almost what, 6 months before this comes out? They just announced three more fighters, one of whom is OC. Plenty of time to throw in a few more faces.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What

SSJ Blue Goku and Vegeta are both in as unique characters. Tenshinhan is also in his Super outfit, as is Goku. They've also shown Bulma and 18 in their Super outfits in Story Mode segments.

Beerus at least, is an inevitability.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

CzarChasm posted:

So would the swap button just cycle you through all 5 guys in order? You don't get to play as Ginyu + 2 other full characters, but instead if you choose Ginyu that's your whole 3 man team? That could be super interesting. You'd have to be good at playing all 5 characters to be effective.

Speaking of super, a little surprised we don't have any characters more recent than Buu in the flow of things. We have gold Frieza as a super move, but no Berus, no Hit or SSJB or even SSJ-God. But there's almost what, 6 months before this comes out? They just announced three more fighters, one of whom is OC. Plenty of time to throw in a few more faces.

But we do have bluper saiyan goku and super cyan vegeta per this reveal trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcXF-Ltv2D8

I expect people's meaning re: Ginyu would be that he's a single character slot and a large portion of his moves involve the other GF members briefly zipping in to do something.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Reinanigans posted:

What

SSJ Blue Goku and Vegeta are both in as unique characters. Tenshinhan is also in his Super outfit, as is Goku. They've also shown Bulma and 18 in their Super outfits in Story Mode segments.

Beerus at least, is an inevitability.

Yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if Hit didn't make the roster. They'll probably throw Black and Zamasu in there too, in spite of their horribleness.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
They should just keep stacking more evil Gokus onto the roster. Give us playable Turles.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Goku, SSJ Goku, SSJ God Goku, SSJ Blue Goku, Kid Goku, Goten, Bardock, Turles, Goku Black, Arctic Assault Goku, Jungle Camo Goku...

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Every DBZ fighter is just a swath of Gokus and Saiyans. I mean, I'd be surprised if Broly didn't make the cut either. And if we absolutely must have a ton of saiyans, then give me Caulifla and Kale while you're at it!

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Ginyu has all 4 flunkys on screen with him at once, you control then with special inputs and they attack after a delay while shouting technique names so you have to try to overwhelm your opponent like MvC3 Morrigan. Ginyu himself only has one special, Milky Canon.

Body changing sticks the other player with a solo Ginyu with only milky canon. You get the enemy character. The rest of the squad continues to follow your inputs though.

I hope Yamcha is top tier.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if Hit didn't make the roster. They'll probably throw Black and Zamasu in there too, in spite of their horribleness.

Black and Zamasu own.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Black and Zamasu have to come as a set like 17 and 18 so their victory pose can be the Evil Hug.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can say without reservation that Black and Zamasu are so far the best things to have come out of DBSuper.

Except for the slice of life and humour stuff. That part also owns all the bones.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

beerus is best

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I attribute Beerus to the movies, personally. But yeah, Beerus is great.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
So I hope the consensus is that this is a deeper fighter than Extreme Butoden on 3DS? That was my one worry. I didn't get into the Closed Beta, so I have to live vicariously through those that did.

Of note, the fighting system in the 3DS game is literally, every character has ~3 combos, almost all of them the same across every character. The final move in the 'combo' results in a super attack. So it's pretty much, can you hit confirm first? Cool...

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Drowning Rabbit posted:

So I hope the consensus is that this is a deeper fighter than Extreme Butoden on 3DS?

yeah, it's clearly based on ASW's previous games, Blazblue and Guilty Gear

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's more like mvc3 but through the lens of arcsys

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

CharlestheHammer posted:

Black and Zamasu own.

They refused to answer any of the important questions and left so many plot holes that I just couldn't enjoy myself.

And I refuse to believe that I'm the only one wondering whether it would be gay or masturbation if they boned.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

They refused to answer any of the important questions and left so many plot holes that I just couldn't enjoy myself.

And I refuse to believe that I'm the only one wondering whether it would be gay or masturbation if they boned.

Plot holes, in Dragonball?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

what

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
At that point, they are sufficiently different people enough that it would just be gay, though potentially incest.

They did not share the same mind even if they were the same person. Effectively they were twins.

This is also the answer to any other variation of that question. The moment a duplicate has new experiences they are a different person.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

It'd be gay because its Goku's body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cease to Hope posted:

yeah, it's clearly based on ASW's previous games, Blazblue and Guilty Gear

That's awesome news then, thanks!

• Locked thread