Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I say "Guys on the top of the hill" a lot, haha

I have began to look quickly at the minimap as soon as someone makes a call and then figure it out from there, though. The directional pointer helps a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Xenaero posted:

I say "Guys on the top of the hill" a lot, haha

I have began to look quickly at the minimap as soon as someone makes a call and then figure it out from there, though. The directional pointer helps a lot.

My order is Threat - Direction - General area - Relation to closest landmark - direction headed if any, or "Two guys north, up the hill, left of the shack heading east/right.".

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Quite the appropriate av.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Do The Evolution posted:

God, I am so bad at this. I've never played a mil-sim type game before so the first 5 seconds of combat are reserved for screaming "Oh poo poo!!! There's a loving guy behind the building!" instead of relaying any kind of useful information.
Tip that works best for me: Work into your playstyle (even solo) to glance at your statuses every once in a while. Make it the "phone, wallet, keys" check you do in real life. "Minimap, health/ammo, direction".
Hopefully after a while you wont' freeze up when you see someone, instead you'll glance - out of habit - at your direction and call that out. Preferably use numbers even if the enemy is directly on the "N" mark or something.

Bluehole posted:

Editing any game files to gain an unfair advantage is against the Rules of Conduct. This includes changing any game configuration files to result in changes that cannot be made via the in-game settings menu.
Oh gently caress. I've had to edit the .ini fps to hardlock it to 60 fps because otherwise the main menu is melting my GPU by going into 100% use no matter the graphic settings.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFeI5jicAc

Incidentally I learmed how to play from Beagle, which has worked well- many solo chicken dinners, though no squad ones since me and my mates comm discipline is very much video above tier. Mostly directions because I can't call them on the fly, and at least one gets east/west confused constantly

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Paingod556 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFeI5jicAc

Incidentally I learmed how to play from Beagle, which has worked well- many solo chicken dinners, though no squad ones since me and my mates comm discipline is very much video above tier. Mostly directions because I can't call them on the fly, and at least one gets east/west confused constantly

And on the other side of whimsical wonder is this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN_Vx8s2DRo&t=64s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

odiv posted:

What? What else would it be?

uh an 8 year old? kids play video games dude.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Who's beagle?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Paingod556 posted:

at least one gets east/west confused constantly

This is me. But only in this game for some reason.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

The Mini-14 rules so hard. It probably is going to get nerfed at some point which kind of sucks since it seems fairly realistic. This game is making me want to buy one IRL.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

uh an 8 year old? kids play video games dude.
I'm sure they do. It just never crossed my mind hearing that voice, "Yes, that's what an 8 year old sounds like." I guess :shrug:

Played last night and when the first guy I came across dropped a grenade as he died. Whoops.

Also, annoying as gently caress that I seem to be stuck on AS servers as default now. I've never even played on them, that I know of.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

odiv posted:

Also, annoying as gently caress that I seem to be stuck on AS servers as default now. I've never even played on them, that I know of.

That seems to be a glitch post-patch now. It keeps defaulting me to them as well. In solo I have to change server lists every time, in squad we just had to change it the first time and it kept us in the right queue between games.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Stealthgerbil posted:

The Mini-14 rules so hard. It probably is going to get nerfed at some point which kind of sucks since it seems fairly realistic. This game is making me want to buy one IRL.

It rules when you have it, sucks super hard when you're on the shooty end of it.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

odiv posted:

I'm sure they do. It just never crossed my mind hearing that voice, "Yes, that's what an 8 year old sounds like." I guess :shrug:
It's not what 8 year olds sound like, it's what 20-somethings doing weird voices in video games sound like

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Futuresight posted:

Watching chocoTaco on recommendation of the thread and he taught me a little something about the new grenades: https://clips.twitch.tv/SteamyOddJalapenoAMPEnergyCherry

He didn't even know where the guy was.
Had something similar happen in a squad game over the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXU-BQx91A0

New nades rule and games where there are tons of them make me very, very happy.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

hit F accidentally for the first time in 160 hours and now I'm getting flashbacks to BF1

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Black Griffon posted:

hit F accidentally for the first time in 160 hours and now I'm getting flashbacks to BF1

One time in a vehicle going top speed I hit F to try and turn the radio on

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

gently caress, I've started getting that black box above the ironsight now. Anyone ever figure out what causes it?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
This patch. It's not just above the ironsight, I now have it on a red dot when aiming as well.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Bhodi posted:

This patch. It's not just above the ironsight, I now have it on a red dot when aiming as well.

Yeah, appears on my red dot too to be more specific. Week old google results report that turning AA up might fix it, but I've got AA down for a reason.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

They should increase the recoil/sway for the default lovely folding stock on the mini-14 and give it a tac stock slot to bring it back near current recoil levels. I've never shot a gun with a stock like that, but I gotta imagine it isn't all that comfortable.

I'm getting that black square thing on seemingly any ADS, but it's been random and hard to predict

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Bhodi posted:

Maybe the patch has triggered it for a new batch of people, but I've had this problem consistently since the game was released and across a wide spectrum of graphical settings and even hardware and a brand new windows installation, so...

Black Griffon posted:

Yeah, appears on my red dot too to be more specific. Week old google results report that turning AA up might fix it, but I've got AA down for a reason.

Alas, I have my AA on high atm and it still happens

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

The best is when you get the timing to jump out during powerslide, then your car hits a tiny bump and flips right when muscle memory kicks in.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Someone post a pic of their black square bug

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Hooplah posted:

They should increase the recoil/sway for the default lovely folding stock on the mini-14 and give it a tac stock slot to bring it back near current recoil levels. I've never shot a gun with a stock like that, but I gotta imagine it isn't all that comfortable.

I haven't shot that gun exactly, but I can tell you from experience that the collapsible stock on a HK43/93 feels like getting smacked in the head with a piece of rebar every time you shoot it. That's the same caliber and should most likely produce the same effect.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Black Griffon posted:

I found the opposite to be true, the boxes only show up when I turn up AA.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I actually think I'm good on medium instead of low AA, I'll stick with it.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

If anything the mini-14 should not come with any stock and then accept the wire uzi stock. That way the wire stock will actually get some more use.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

SMDH if you don't always stockpile the uzi stock, smg exmag and smg silencer in your inventory in case you get the chance to build the ultimate fun gun

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSmpqkh0FnQ

Not mine, but I've definitely had rounds that almost went like this.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n_BZK12Vzw&t=145s

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FWIW turning my AA up from Low to Medium fixed that black box thing.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
friendship with ump ended, the tommy gun is my new best friend

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Pretty sure it's the changes they made to the shadows settings that is loving the ADS stuff.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'll post a video of it next time. It seems like there's an issue rendering the crosshair texture.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Tokubetsu posted:

friendship with ump ended, the tommy gun is my new best friend

I've gotten the tommy gun twice. Both times I died before getting to use it. I really want a chance to light up a car with the extended magazine.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

odiv posted:

I have found that if I try to cancel matchmaking after launching with AS server selected it will be stuck there until I exit/restart PUBG. It's always defaulting to AS/3PP but I can switch it if I remember.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I've gotten the tommy gun twice. Both times I died before getting to use it. I really want a chance to light up a car with the extended magazine.

Extended mag is only 50rds, you will probably need a reload or two to finish a car. It's also got one of the lowest bullet velocities in the game, so you're not going to hit a moving car reliably with it unless you are about to get run over.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The Tommy gun is still bad it's just cool to have another gun to find in the wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Fart Car '97 posted:

The Tommy gun is still bad it's just cool to have another gun to find in the wild

it might be bad but its also fun to use, especially with a grip and extended mag.

• Locked thread