Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat these caps. Stuck at around 280 and seems the raid is the only way to upgrade. Or lucky exotics.

Time to wait now. Can't wait to get back in there though. Now that we figured out the strats its time for the loot to rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can't seem to find a reason not to always use Origin Story and Uriel's Gift, even though I have "better" Exotics.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

drat these caps. Stuck at around 280 and seems the raid is the only way to upgrade. Or lucky exotics.

Time to wait now. Can't wait to get back in there though. Now that we figured out the strats its time for the loot to rain.

Nah, I hadn't done the raid until last night and was 293 before then. Do the powerful gear milestones tomorrow and that'll knock you up another notch. Faction rewards and stuff turn into 286 for me and getting the MIDA on a second character, it came out at 304.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
[quote="“long-rear end nips Diane”" post="“476512364”"]
I’m waiting to hit the 270s before I do the exotic gun quests :(

On that note, really looking forward to hitting clan level 2 this week and seeing what the increased rewards are like.
[/quote]

I’m redoing the quest on my hunter for this reason. My first one dropped at 280 but it would be nice to get one at 290

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Grinding Heroic PEs is a great way to get exotics IMO. I was averaging like 2 legendary and 1 exotic engram every 30 minutes or so. Unfortunately they were all dupes instead of the god damned Mask of the Quiet One I've been trying to find.
Is there anyway from the map to know if something is a heroic PE vs. normal? I've been running around doing ones I find on maps but only one or two have been heroic so far.

I wish there was a way to specifically go after at least a type of gear, I have an exotic chest that I'm using but it's bonuses aren't for the subclass I'm using, but I've only had blue drops for chest pieces otherwise.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They're all heroic if you do them right

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What's the Thread Opinion on the Nergal PR4 from the gunsmith? It seems to do the business in scrub tier PVP.

Ouhei posted:

Is there anyway from the map to know if something is a heroic PE vs. normal? I've been running around doing ones I find on maps but only one or two have been heroic so far.

Not remotely, no. But most of the events are pretty easy to make heroic singlehandedly if you get there early enough (don't try this if you're alone, though).

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Is the game down for anyone else, I'm home sick and want to play

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Ouhei posted:

I wish there was a way to specifically go after at least a type of gear, I have an exotic chest that I'm using but it's bonuses aren't for the subclass I'm using, but I've only had blue drops for chest pieces otherwise.

There’s a trigger for each event for it to go heroic. It’s easy enough for one person to trigger it for everyone else

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
[quote="“Darth Windu”" post="“476512946”"]
Is the game down for anyone else, I’m home sick and want to play
[/quote]

4 hours of maintenance :(

It was supposed to be 4 last week and it lasted for 7 though

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Ouhei posted:

They're all normal public events until someone triggers the heroic version after it starts. Each public event has a different trigger:

https://www.polygon.com/destiny-2-guide-walkthrough/2017/9/7/16263480/heroic-public-events-find-trigger-earth-titan-nessus-io

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I really don't wanna make a 2nd character so I'll just live with being a bit behind. It sucks that that's an actual way to gear up.

In the end nothing matters as I am rerolling PC. :3:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Here are the ways I've figured out how to make events heroic

Cabal mining - shoot the flying ship until it dies (probably the easiest)
Cabal spying - shoot the vents when you have to evacuate
Taken one - dip in and out of the darkness aura then shoot the big darkness ball until it explode (takes forever)
Fallen tank - open all the thingies
Fallen servitor - kill all the lil servitors

I don't know how to do the others, been trying a lot on the vex assimilation one but I can't figure it out

Serf
May 5, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

Taken one - dip in and out of the darkness aura then shoot the big darkness ball until it explode (takes forever)

I don't know how to do the others, been trying a lot on the vex assimilation one but I can't figure it out

I think the Vex one needs to you capture all three points.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

It's insane how fast gearing up alts is now (once you hit 20/finish the drat campaign). My Titan was like 275 as soon as he hit 20 and still wearing blue armor. Still have all the post-campaign missions, exotic quests, and most of the milestones to go so I assume he's gonna pass my warlock in pretty short order.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Darth Windu posted:

Stand in the glowing circles

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Darth Windu posted:

If you mean the one with the integrators, follow the glowing streams away from the pillar and you'll find zones you can capture by standing in them. Cap them all and it goes heroic.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Darth Windu posted:

Spire integration- there are 3 beams of light coming out of the construction thing. Follow one until a capture point pops out of the ground, capture the points for all 3 beams.

Glimmer drill- Kill the drill itself (the small machine on the ground nearby) in all 3 phases.

Witches ritual- Once you kill the wizards, stay in the circle. The crystal above the door on your side will eventually become vulnerable, shatter them both. This is probably not soloable so you'll have to hope there's someone who knows what they're doing on the other side.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Aphrodite posted:

Looks like they hit them already. Name is just numbers now.

I wonder how dumb you'd have to be to think that was going to fly.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

DrNutt posted:

I was dumb enough to go look up the youtube video they mentioned on their clan page and I'm 99% sure the whole thing was an elaborate troll to get people to go watch that.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Emron posted:

Going max resilience/recovery at the cost of mobility made the last section of the gauntlet room...a little less fun.

I've only been in there for the group scramble at the end of the encounter but as a high res/rec titan I was only using my double-jump to get over long pits or skip bridges (and collect orbs). There was one part with short pits that I found easiest to just regular jump.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

haveblue posted:

Spire integration- there are 3 beams of light coming out of the construction thing. Follow one until a capture point pops out of the ground, capture the points for all 3 beams.

Glimmer drill- Kill the drill itself (the small machine on the ground nearby) in all 3 phases.

Witches ritual- Once you kill the wizards, stay in the circle. The crystal above the door on your side will eventually become vulnerable, shatter them both. This is probably not soloable so you'll have to hope there's someone who knows what they're doing on the other side.

Lmao I didn't even know there was a hive event, what the hell
And I thought capping the points was the normal win condition, man I'm dumb
I've mostly been doing events on Io tho, I heck of want the gensym knight stuff

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

I've only been in there for the group scramble at the end of the encounter but as a high res/rec titan I was only using my double-jump to get over long pits or skip bridges (and collect orbs). There was one part with short pits that I found easiest to just regular jump.

You have plenty of time to switch to MiDA/mini before the final run ya know

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Of all the heroic public events, the taken one is the most annoying and awkward to trigger. I've only managed it once. Every single other player just destroys all the minor blights way before I get to destroy the primary one. Even now it seems like it's the sole public event that nobody knows how to do.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its absolutely the hive one for me. Ive done it a dozen times or so and Ive never seen it go heroic.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Of all the heroic public events, the taken one is the most annoying and awkward to trigger. I've only managed it once. Every single other player just destroys all the minor blights way before I get to destroy the primary one. Even now it seems like it's the sole public event that nobody knows how to do.

Yeah you get so little time with the buff, and the big blight is soooooo hard to kill even if multiple people are shooting at it. All it takes is one well meaning idiot to kill the small blights since they die so easily

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For PvP ARs there's also an energy AR called the Jianghi AR4 that's basically Uriel's.

And the Cuboid ARU, which is just a blue, is also a similar solid gun.

Darth Windu posted:

Lmao I didn't even know there was a hive event, what the hell
And I thought capping the points was the normal win condition, man I'm dumb
I've mostly been doing events on Io tho, I heck of want the gensym knight stuff

The Hive event is only on Titan I think? I've only seen it once but it seemed to be very specifically for the room it happened in.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Tip for anyone making a hunter that is a pvp tryhard: Do not unlock the final perk six shooter in the top skill tree. It let's you have chains of woe and a golden gun with 3 shots with increased target acquisition.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Both of those public events are only available in 1 location each so it makes sense that people don't know how they work

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

competitive is great because it does not contain the game mode 'supremacy'

Why would you avoid the best mode?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Ghost was annoying in D1 but holy poo poo this is a all new level of annoyance plus fail safe

:bahgawd:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DrNutt posted:

I wonder if you could get away with We Hate All Blacks (the rugby team)

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Also apparently the game is down for 4 hours again

I can understand once, but having it as a weekly occurence is retarded since it's right during European peak hours when everybody gets back from work, affecting half the playerbase! Having the game only being available 6 days of the week isn't too impressive

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm waiting to hit the 270s before I do the exotic gun quests :(

I got my mida in the high 260s, it dropped at 284+5.
Probably the highest light thing I'll ever own.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rubellavator posted:

Both of those public events are only available in 1 location each so it makes sense that people don't know how they work

Taken blights can happen on both Io and Earth (in the northern area). But yeah, it's by far the hardest one to trigger.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Also apparently the game is down for 4 hours again

I can understand once, but having it as a weekly occurence is retarded since it's right during European peak hours when everybody gets back from work, affecting half the playerbase! Having the game only being available 6 days of the week isn't too impressive

This is almost certainly the patch to remove the last vestiges of the kek armor, I wouldn't expect it to be a common occurrence going forward.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
So which auto rifle is the choice pick for PvP? I'm currently torn between the Scathelock and the Cuboid but if there are better choices I will try to hunt them down. Is the Trials auto any good? I got it in a clan engram I think.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
The cuboid is blue isn't it? Can you even infuse it?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Oh uh, is there any way to infuse cold heart right now? I haven't seen any other trace rifles in the game.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Oh uh, is there any way to infuse cold heart right now? I haven't seen any other trace rifles in the game.

auto rifles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

So which auto rifle is the choice pick for PvP? I'm currently torn between the Scathelock and the Cuboid but if there are better choices I will try to hunt them down. Is the Trials auto any good? I got it in a clan engram I think.

Uriel's is pretty much the gold standard. Haven't tried Origin Story in PvP yet but I see a lot of people using them and it's a goddamn laser, so I assume it does well.. Perseverance feels sort of halfway between an AR and an SMG and is a solid choice too IMO.