Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Awesome! posted:

the thought of fat people not being able to wipe their rear end has never even occurred to me

Oh to be this innocent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Slow_Moe posted:

There is an implied amount of non consent. After all, the citizens paid good money to be the untouchable top dogs in space. It would seem so very wrong if the non paying peasants were allowed to raise their hands against them. That just wont do, that wont do at all!

Only Concierge+ Citizens should be allowed to attack other Citizens IMO

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

it never ceases to amaze me how massivelyop manages to take "game journalism" to new lows so effortlessly

http://massivelyop.com/2017/09/18/the-daily-grind-do-you-feel-crowdfunded-mmos-owe-you-something/

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i'm the rationalization that the fat thumb man doesn't owe me anything besides some hand waving for my 15k completionist package

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Quavers posted:

Only Concierge+ Citizens should be allowed to attack other Citizens IMO

It should compare total cash spent in every firefight and disable the weapons of whoever paid least.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The citizens will just be back in their chariot 30 min later thanks to LTI.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Percelus posted:

i'm the rationalization that the fat thumb man doesn't owe me anything besides some hand waving for my 15k completionist package

Look, it all depends on your perspective. I mean, so far we're had indications that this project will change PC gaming forever even if it fails, due to the amazing technological leaps it has made. Also, it could revolutionize the global economy. Hell, it could even save the world.

What's 15k next to that?

:gary:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

doingitwrong posted:

Look I'm just a country lawyer, not qualified to distinguish between your slavery, your overwork, and your normal crunch. But didn't them folks at CIG release their own documentary about how hard they were working? Called it "Road to CitizenCon" if I'm not mistaken. Lot of folks with tired eyes in that film. I reckon ya'll should look into that, member of the jury. If a company's so used to overwork, they make a video about it as a marketing tool, mayhaps they're working them folks a little too hard.

:five:

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Mangoose posted:

Look, it all depends on your perspective. I mean, so far we're had indications that this project will change PC gaming forever even if it fails, due to the amazing technological leaps it has made. Also, it could revolutionize the global economy. Hell, it could even save the world.

What's 15k next to that?

:gary:

The NPCs in Star Citizen will be so advanced they will find the real cure for cancer.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

kilus aof posted:

The NPCs in Star Citizen will be so advanced they will find the real cure for cancer.

The NPCs in Star Citizen will be so advanced they'll start their own crowdfunding campaign and use the money to create a better game to be in.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Percelus posted:

it never ceases to amaze me how massivelyop manages to take "game journalism" to new lows so effortlessly

http://massivelyop.com/2017/09/18/the-daily-grind-do-you-feel-crowdfunded-mmos-owe-you-something/

If I pay £50 to Amazon to buy a jacket, do they really 'owe' me something?

:thunk:

Nanako the Narc fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 18, 2017

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

doingitwrong posted:

Look I'm just a country lawyer, not qualified to distinguish between your slavery, your overwork, and your normal crunch. But didn't them folks at CIG release their own documentary about how hard they were working? Called it "Road to CitizenCon" if I'm not mistaken. Lot of folks with tired eyes in that film. I reckon ya'll should look into that, member of the jury. If a company's so used to overwork, they make a video about it as a marketing tool, mayhaps they're working them folks a little too hard.

Not to mention all those Sandi tweets featuring late night working, or Toast talking about the times he spent working well past reasonable quittin' time and across weekends.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Latin Pheonix posted:

If I pay £50 to Amazon to buy a jacket, do they really 'owe' me something?

:thunk:

They do not. They are, however, quite consistently delivering on the dreams of jackets.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

When Eckhart buys jackets, he orders 4 at a time.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Mangoose posted:

They do not. They are, however, quite consistently delivering on the dreams of jackets.

Well, I originally just wanted a leather jacket for the colder Autumn months, but Amazon's CEO has promised the best jacket in the universe; one that will incorporate a jetpack and teleportation unit. I guess I'll just give them an extra £200 and wait for them to deliver the jacket to me in May 2022.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Colostomy Bag posted:

When Eckhart buys jackets, he orders 4 at a time.

A common misconception! He in fact orders one per year, but never takes the old ones off.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Latin Pheonix posted:

Well, I originally just wanted a leather jacket for the colder Autumn months, but Amazon's CEO has promised the best jacket in the universe; one that will incorporate a jetpack and teleportation unit. I guess I'll just give them an extra £200 and wait for them to deliver the jacket to me in May 2022.

For a jacket like that I wouldn't even mind waiting until 2024 let me tell you

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Look, they promised to deliver the original jacket by tomorrow, but thanks to all the orders they got they can give you a space jacket for the same price in 2030.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Percelus posted:

Yeah, pre-ordering GGRM's next book would create the expectation of a book. But let me clue you into something; websites want the engagement, not to be 'right'. Ad impressions are about numbers, which is why some sites go the 'shitcocks!' route, and why some will court controversy by being excessively dim; One way to get unsolicited opinions on the internet is being controversial or just flat out wrong.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Mangoose posted:

For a jacket like that I wouldn't even mind waiting until 2024 let me tell you

I'm gonna throw another $15k to get all the jackets and be the top jacket wearer

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Mangoose posted:

A common misconception! He in fact orders one per year, but never takes the old ones off.

Like fidelity, he is just layering them on then?

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Look, at the end of the day, I don't care if Amazon's jacket division goes bust and never delivers, the important thing is that my money went towards the betterment of jackets everywhere, and therefore the improvement of mankind overall.

If anything, my £250 is more of a charitable donation than a purchase.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Percelus posted:

the comments has this though

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mangoose posted:

Dear lord! By the time SC releases*, all that will be visible is a mound of jackets.

*Star Citizen will never release

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Proceed to the Jacketlounge and speak to the Jacketmonster for your assignement. Do not be afraid, though he is more jacket than man now.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Mile Eckhart casual day
https://i.imgur.com/QkMXFj7.gifv

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
I know that we are building a better jacket, the BDJE

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beefcake BEEFCAKE!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Dementropy posted:

It's an archive sub. Facts only.

Probably should start posting utterly neutral articles in there, as if it were a real sub instead of a hate sub.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"I am an idiot that works an extra week free every week" - an r/ds poster

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Sillybones posted:

Probably should start posting utterly neutral articles in there, as if it were a real sub instead of a hate sub.

If you link to Derek's unrelated-to-Star-Citizen tweets, some of the /r/DS nutters get triggered. Can be entertaining for 5 minutes.

e:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

They meltdown when you post any Derek tweet making fun of Trump.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Mangoose posted:

Wait....You've actually figured out how to track how long Star Citizen has been in development.

So, release at 7 or 8 jackets you think?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

You should call your parents
They love you and miss you
Doxx is bad derek

Zzr fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 18, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Winter approaches
Still no closer to three-oh
Chris howls in anguish.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Chris sits in grief
Fidelity broken, faith fading away
Is vision not enough?

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Quavers posted:

Chris sits in grief
Fidelity broken, faith fading away
Is vision not enough?

A pat on his back
Sandi smiles kindly to him
"Next sale: sewage ship"

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Sewage ship for sale
Ben smiles broadly to all
a true gamechanger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

None of the sort buttons for threads on spectrum actually seem to work, I can't order posts by newest or change the view. How is it this bad?