Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Mirthless posted:

holy poo poo none of what you bolded and underlined qualifies as affirmative consent

Lol do you carry a sex contract with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Lol do you carry a sex contract with you?

Let the record show that Submarine Sandpaper objects to the importance of verbal affirmative consent

Thank you for arguing against your own point and the relevance of your opinion in a better way than I ever could

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Barudak posted:

Are we sure the sister isnt still in the house and just nobody notices her?

I read that one too, the cops found her and she said she's fine and an adult and wants her lovely parents not to be able to contact her which is pretty funny although it sucks for the younger sibling.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Mirthless posted:

The key difference between those scenarios is that in those scenarios they are feeling bad and ask reddit for validation, in this scenario the guy had a nervous breakdown and had to see his wife within thirty minutes of it happening, and the day ended with him shaking and crying in her arms

Because ONLY sexual assault can cause a man to have a panic attack. Not guilt or fear of losing your partner. ONLY sexual assault.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

holy poo poo none of what you bolded and underlined qualifies as affirmative consent

The question from the wife: "should I be mad at my husband?"
The answer: "yes."

Look, I get it, I really do. The world is full of hosed up attitudes about sexual assault, consent, crime and punishment. The massage lady clearly, by definition, sexually assaulted him when she grabbed his dick.

His wife is allowed to be angry, and is justified. Part of being a human is making decisions. One of those decisions when you're in a committed relationship is not to let other people touch your genitals sexually.

She grabbed his dick = not his fault.

He shrugs and says, "well, lets give it the old college try!" = his fault.

Experiencing guilt and shame for making a bad decision is what happens when you make a bad decision. Making mistakes causes people to feel guilt and shame. And quite frankly, making Thomas the Tugboat here the poster child for sexual assault victims is doing the narrative a huge disservice, on your part.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Look, I'm not a hateful person or anything–I believe we should all live and let live. But lately, I've been having a real problem with these masseuses. You see, just about wherever I go these days, one of them approaches me and starts tugging my cock.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Dienes posted:

Because ONLY sexual assault can cause a man to have a panic attack. Not guilt or fear of losing your partner. ONLY sexual assault.

Because it's IMPOSSIBLE this was sexual assault that caused a man to have this panic attack, it ONLY could have been guilt and fear over losing his partner when they found out about this thing they could never reasonably find out about.

Like, what is your deal, here? Do you just think men can't be sexually assaulted? Do you think men automatically have boundaries that are further out and therefore deserve less respect?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Mirthless posted:

Because it's IMPOSSIBLE this was sexual assault that caused a man to have this panic attack, it ONLY could have been guilt and fear over losing his partner when they found out about this thing they could never reasonably find out about.

Like, what is your deal, here? Do you just think men can't be sexually assaulted? Do you think men automatically have boundaries that are further out and therefore deserve less respect?

Man you really like putting your words in people's mouths. I didn't consent to that.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
nedit: this conversation is getting stupid fast so i'm just going to let it die

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Mirthless posted:

Let the record show that Submarine Sandpaper objects to the importance of verbal affirmative consent

Thank you for arguing against your own point and the relevance of your opinion in a better way than I ever could

how do you give verbal consent when your mouths are full of eachother's sex organs?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Remember for a while there when Mirthless wasn't posting?

Me too.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Man, it's possible that he went out and tried to get a handjob from a masseuse, but considering the overall narrative of the story, I honestly kinda doubt it. He'd been feeling lovely for weeks, she suggested he go get a massage, and he had a breakdown after it. Did he maybe say "Yeah alright getting a handjob, cool"? Possibly. The main point is that it's a little weird to just jump on the dude and start saying things to the effect of "Well, he probably wanted it. Shouldn't have gone to a massage parlor if you don't wanna get jerked off, idiot." I don't think anybody is really advocating that the masseuse be treated as a rapist, but I also don't think it makes much sense to act like the guy knew exactly what he was getting into and intended to cheat when he walked into the parlor.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Me [23 F] with my BF [28 M] with fetish issues

quote:

Ok...it's very awkward to bring it up but I want other girls' opinions. My BF of 8 months has some serious boot fetish. Two weeks after we started dating he picked up two pairs of nice boots (each costs over $200!) and some boot socks. I never received shoes as gifts before so I thought it was some nice gesture. He is a nice guy overall but he just could not shut up complimenting me whenever I wore them. I didn't mind them at first because I appreciated the attention.

One day, he bought me a pair of $800(!) lambskin boots with stiletto heels which completely caught me off guard. The boots are drop-dead gorgeous, but not something you can wear daily. Then I noticed that he just couldn't stop caressing and commenting on how good I look in them...after a certain period of pleasing him (oh btw, sex was through the roof whenever I wore them for him...which I didn't mind I guess), I stopped wearing them as often because the weather was not ideal for them. His lack of attention all of a sudden was too noticeable...he never complimented my dresses or clothes. He would ask if I don't like those boots or when I would wear them again which made me really awkward.

One day, I put on the Hunter wellies he picked up for me because it was raining and I got tired of his nagging. Literally, he was all over me all day (I wish I could go into more details on he did, but that wouldn't be appropriate on this forum...). I confronted him later that day to see if it's about fetish. He said yes, but not just the boots but me in boots. I really enjoy the sex (again, his libido level and cardio just skyrocket whenever I wear them...) and attention, but I am really curious if it's the boots or me. Of course, he says it's me but really the difference between me in boots and not is so glaring. How should I deal with this? Am I overreacting?

TL;DR - I love my BF, but his boot fetish started getting to me. I don't mind wearing them but I want his feelings to be about me, not the boots or me in boots. He said it's about me, but it's really hard to take his word for it. Please advise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

David Heinrich posted:

Man, it's possible that he went out and tried to get a handjob from a masseuse, but considering the overall narrative of the story, I honestly kinda doubt it. He'd been feeling lovely for weeks, she suggested he go get a massage, and he had a breakdown after it. Did he maybe say "Yeah alright getting a handjob, cool"? Possibly. The main point is that it's a little weird to just jump on the dude and start saying things to the effect of "Well, he probably wanted it. Shouldn't have gone to a massage parlor if you don't wanna get jerked off, idiot." I don't think anybody is really advocating that the masseuse be treated as a rapist, but I also don't think it makes much sense to act like the guy knew exactly what he was getting into and intended to cheat when he walked into the parlor.

Yeah, I don't think he was looking for a handjob when he walked in; I think he saw the opportunity to get one, then (not really very quickly) regretted it.

His wife should be pissed.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [23 F] with my BF [28 M] with fetish issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww

i mean, it's definitely her in the boots that he's getting off to, otherwise he wouldn't need her to be wearing them (plenty of dudes out there with shoe fetishes who do not need the involvement of a partner to satisfy their kink)

still, this is the difference between a kink and a fetish, if you can't get off without the kink you've taken it too far

i think of all the fetishes i've seen people complain about, though, "my boyfriend bought me $1200 worth of gently caress-me-boots" is a pretty weird one to be at odds with

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 18, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Since we're never going to know what happened and reading the post like tea-leaves is apparently fun to y'all here's my theory:

He thought she offered him a drink and was very surprised what a "stiff old-fashioned with a twist" really was.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

La Brea Carpet posted:

Since we're never going to know what happened and reading the post like tea-leaves is apparently fun to y'all here's my theory:

He thought she offered him a drink and was very surprised what a "stiff old-fashioned with a twist" really was.

This is the most likely scenario.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

La Brea Carpet posted:

But wild speculation and position-taking is what SA is all about??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

andrew smash posted:

I read that one too, the cops found her and she said she's fine and an adult and wants her lovely parents not to be able to contact her which is pretty funny although it sucks for the younger sibling.

Finally, a story where what I hope happened, happened.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Barudak posted:

Finally, a story where what I hope happened, happened.

seriously!

it's nice for one of these things to not end terribly for a change!

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

welcome to hell posted:

Tom the Rage Monster

Holy poo poo, you go, ladies. The aunt, the OP, and Lana are all loving heroes for ditching that psycho.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

welcome to hell posted:

I've [F25] returned from a month long trip and my roommate [F22] has moved all her things into my room and has been living there, with no intention of switching back.

Update:

God drat. Glad Lana had enough of a support network to escape that garbage person, gently caress.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My (28M) sister (32F) insulted my newly-vegan wife (27F). I know I should be on my wife's side but I think my sister was justified.

quote:

So first off, some essential background information on my wife. I love her with all my heart. She's kind, funny, smart, and an amazing mother to our children (7F, 5F, 2M). But everyone has a flaw, and hers is smugness. When she finds a new cause or identity she gets really, really into it, to the point of being irritating to the people around her. She always mellows out in the end and becomes completely normal about it, but the first few months are always difficult. For example a couple years ago she went from being just generally agnostic to a committed atheist, and I love her but she was saying things that could have been made into a meme. But once the newness wore off she became totally fine, she's fully respectful of religious people and can have a reasonable conversation about atheism/religion.

So to bring us to the main issue, over the summer she committed to a vegan diet and she's currently one of "those" vegans. The smug phase hasn't worn off yet and as much as I love her, she's a little bit difficult to be around.

Which brings us to Saturday. The kids spent the weekend with my wife's parents, and on Saturday morning we went out for brunch with my family. Things started going a little south on the car ride over. My parents had picked a restaurant with good vegan options, but my wife was still complaining to me on the way over about how we should have gone to a fully vegan restaurant because she didn't want to have to see and smell everyone else eating meat.

We got in and ordered. Things started as soon as my sister ordered her food I guess, she ordered a "meatlovers crepe" and my wife rolled her eyes and made a little sighing noise. Then when everyone's food was brought out she visibly scrunched up her face and made a little noise of disgust at each meat dish. She never actually SAID anything, but she was being a little passive aggressive.

Things hit the fan when we actually started eating. My sister took a bite of hers and said something along the lines of "holy poo poo this is good". She didn't direct the comment toward my wife, she was just saying it in general. My wife then looked at my sister and said "mines great too, the fact that the environment didn't need to be destroyed to make it really adds to the flavour.". Again, please don't get the wrong idea about my wife. She honestly is a great person, she just tends to go through a smug phase when she finds a new cause.

After that the table went quiet for moment and everyone looked uncomfortable. Until my sister, who doesn't have or want kids, said "considering you've brought three brand new people into the world, I could probably eat this every day for the rest of my life and still only have a fraction of your carbon footprint.".

My brother laughed and the table relaxed a little. My wife was pissed and barely said anything to anyone for the rest of the meal. When we got home, she was livid. She wants a formal apology from my sister, and says she doesn't feel comfortable with my sister being around our kids anymore because she "doesn't even want them to exist.". She's also convinced that my sister orderes that crepe specifically to gently caress with her (which I don't believe, because my sister has always loved meat-heavy dishes.).

Reddit, I know I should support my wife here but honestly I don't think my sister did anything wrong. My wife fired shots, and I don't think she has a right to be offended because someone fired back. I feel bad that she's embarrassed but at the same time, it never would have happened if she hadn't been rude about my sister's food choices.

I'm completely lost as to how to handle this.

TLDR: Wife was rude to sister, sister fired back, wife is pissed but I think I'm on my sister's side.

"My wife is a great person except for when she acts like a militant vegan and fights with my family!"

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

"Wife is an insufferable moron who got loving owned, internet please advise"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

My (28M) sister (32F) insulted my newly-vegan wife (27F). I know I should be on my wife's side but I think my sister was justified.

"My wife is a great person except for when she acts like a militant vegan and fights with my family!"

Haha this dumbass married a ratheist.

Have your sister send her a card with the dril corncob tweet in it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

"My partner is great aside from the times they're not."

Extremist anythings are terrible. Tell her how bad for the environment organic food is.

Alternatively write up a list of all the times she's taken up a new cause and become insufferable. Read them out to her until she gets the shame and stops it, or divorces you.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Ferret King posted:

Remember for a while there when Mirthless wasn't posting?

Me too.

To be fair he is right here and this is more a goons will be goons thing.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That was a magnificent own by the sister, holy poo poo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

And yeah the carbon impact of having even one child vastly outweighs any personal consumption decisions you make in a regular sort of life in the USA.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair he is right here and this is more a goons will be goons thing.

He's never right. He's Mirthless

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm surprised there's not more /r/ problems involving topics like childfree/breeder/clown car/selfish child havers/selfish not child havers.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I thought Mirthless had just gotten bored of this thread once everyone stopped derailing it to pay attention to him every time he posted, I guess he was just in a hermitage the past thousand pages training up a new and enormously more tiresome look at me look at me look at meeeeeeeeee posting gimmick?

My (25M) fiancée's (27F) father (55M) is demanding a bride price. I need advice.

quote:

My fiancee and I have been planning our wedding for a few months now. We have a picked out a venue we absolutely love and put a deposit down. My fiancee and I have been saving and planning to pay for the entire wedding ourselves (besides the honeymoon which my parents had offered to pay). Our venue can fit around 160 people. From the estimated guest list 40 would be my family and friends and the rest would be her family and friends.

My fiancee is second generation Hmong-American and I am white. My future FIL is not happy with our choice of venue as it will not fit his ideal 400+ guests (mostly loosely related relatives and people from the church). The vast majority of which would be people my fiancée had never meet. To remedy this situation, my FIL has decided we will a have a Hmong wedding a few months before our planned wedding. He is demanding that my family pays $5k for a bride price, so he can use it to pay for the Hmong wedding. Alternatively, if my family does not pay the bride price, he wants my fiancée and I to pay the bride price in his two sons' (25M and 14M) future weddings.

My fiancee and I did not really care for having the Hmong wedding. We would like to do it for love and respect for the culture, but at this point, we are feeling forced into it because the venue we have already choosen couldn't fit the hundreds of people we either did not want to invite or even knew existed.

My fiancee also does not like the idea of the bride price as it is an old outdated practice. My parents are appalled at the idea of paying for my fiancée, who they love, as a piece of property.

My fiancee is worried that her family will disown her if she does not go through with the Hmong ceremony. I believe her siblings and her mother would still talk to her and love her.

I feel backed into a corner, like I'm being extorted for money just so I can marry the love of my life. I also feel like this will set the tone for my FIL and our future relationship. I do not want him walking over us thinking he can demand things of us in the future. But on the other hand, I do not want my fiancée to feel I'm tearing her away from her family. I want to respect the culture I marrying into but at the same time I do not want to participate in a practice I feel is immoral and treats the love of my love like a piece if property.

Does anyone have similar experiences or advice? Should we use some of the money we saved to pay this, thus going into debt for our own wedding? Should we tell my parents to use the money they would spend on a honeymoon for the dowry? Should we just say no at risk of disownment? We are at a loss on what to do. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The sister owns. The wife getting owned so hard that she feels the need of a formal apology to even start to recover is a cherry on top. Good luck to the husband though as the power dynamic in his marriage is pretty obvious considering him bending over backwards to excuse each of his wife's abusive behaviors.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pay the 5,000 dollars in pennies

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Admiral Ray posted:

And yeah the carbon impact of having even one child vastly outweighs any personal consumption decisions you make in a regular sort of life in the USA.

I can totally respect humble, decent vegetarians/vegans who feel bad for the animals, but arguing consumption is the most naive super white privileged nonsense. It's hilarious how the sister owned dude's wife perfectly.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Grow some balls and tell the father to gently caress off.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I thought Mirthless had just gotten bored of this thread once everyone stopped derailing it to pay attention to him every time he posted, I guess he was just in a hermitage the past thousand pages training up a new and enormously more tiresome look at me look at me look at meeeeeeeeee posting gimmick?
I don't like accusing people of gimmick posting, but I'll say, if it's all an act, I prefer the old gimmick, where it seemed like he had a personal anecdote for every ridiculous situation. That was fun. Like, seeing a post about a guy who was in a poly relationship with a man, a woman, and a slow loris, and then waiting for Mirthless to chime in with 'See, the thing about dating a slow loris is..."

I did notice in the last couple pages that his uncle was murdered by a motorcycle gang or something, so maybe the legend continues.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

My (25M) fiancée's (27F) father (55M) is demanding a bride price. I need advice.

$5k for a ceremony accommodating 400 loving people? That's a steal, he should do it, there's probably going to be great food.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

It's these tiresome loving chiding remarks that I love the most about this thread. Every single time someone disagrees with the thread consensus, Wizard of Goatse finds the most relevant burn from his excel sheet w/r/t that poster and that's how you know the Thread Has Moved On

Dude you are a person that has spent months systematically insulting other people for disagreeing but post just little enough to avoid getting the same treatment, I think you're a real jackass, unironically

A few posters here genuinely make discussing the articles unenjoyable to the point that I just read the threads on reddit. It's great to see that the burns persist and the target simply shifts to whoever disagrees with the thread next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I agree with ham sandwiches, ew