Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torsoboy
Sep 9, 2001

lesbian armada overlord

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

The Germans hoped to get a peace treaty with the US, the Soviet POWs got sent to the worst camps.

What good would keeping a British officer alive do if they sued for peace with the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hitler really wanted peace with Britain and the US, like to an irrational degree (gasp!) He even delayed military action and chose some really stupid strategies in hope of driving them to the negotiations table.

Anyway my whole point was that to the Nazis certain countries were Aryan and the POWs got fair treatment.
Soviets, as mentioned were lucky if they survived.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Sep 17, 2017

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
https://twitter.com/yourpappalardo/status/909056018558148608

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Hitler really wanted peace with Britain and the US, like to an irrational degree (gasp!) He even delayed military action and chose some really stupid strategies in hope of driving them to the negotiations table.

Anyway my whole point was that to the Nazis certain countries were Aryan and the POWs got fair treatment.
Soviets, as mentioned were lucky if they survived.

It wasn't that irrational---there were a lot of well-connected Hitler supporters in both Britain and the US. Former King Edward and Henry Ford were probably the biggest names, but there were quite a few prominent people in both countries pushing for a rapprochement well into the war.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=11923677

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

torsoboy posted:

What good would keeping a British officer alive do if they sued for peace with the US?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Sign language interpreter posted:

Pizza want you are. Need be bear monster.
While I am pizza want, becoming a giant promiscuous gay man is not on the table!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Goddamn that is one happy eagle.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Proteus Jones posted:

He's an interesting fellow, that's for sure. Dude was a WW2 combat Ace who's legs had been amputated because of hotdogging prior to the war's outbreak. He had regrettable political views, but did much for the handcapped and disabled after the war. He also had a reputation for extremely salty language.

When he was a POW in Germany:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Bader

Even funnier to me is that his right leg got caught in the wreckage and he fell out when the straps holding it on came off, and the Germans actually gave formal approval for the British to fly over and parachute a spare leg down to him.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/bonappetit/status/909646448748318720

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
poo poo, I got some catching up to do.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"What the hell is this 'sustainable' and 'umami' crap? When I was your age, I ate cold $0.25 corned beef straight out of the can for every meal and I liked it!"

*grumbles about people appreciating things other than yardwork*

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

"What the hell is this 'sustainable' and 'umami' crap? When I was your age, I ate cold $0.25 corned beef straight out of the can for every meal and I liked it!"

*grumbles about people appreciating things other than yardwork*

don't doxx me

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

The article somehow manages to be worse than the headline.

What's with millennials these days and their "eating" of "food"??? :confused:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That bloody spanking paddle is pretty gross though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Are Millennials Ruining the Spank Paddle Industry?

Millennials seem content to spank someone raw with a cutting board rather than invest in industrial-grade spank paddles. What's more, some more industrious millennials have taken to carving their own paddles from marginally larger cutting boards. Is the spank paddle industry in for a rude awakening?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm not giving that lovely clickbait the traffic, but the headline is ridiculous. How does the average millennial spend ninety-six billion dollars on anything?

Just loving lol if you think milennials have money.

E: I caved and clicked on it. It's actually "all milennials collectively spend $96b annually on food" but the author is a smug idiot pandering to the kind of smug idiot boomers who think that wanting affordable education and a living wage is just laziness and entitlement. Who needs things like "accuracy" or "basic journalistic integrity" when you have the self-congratulatory ego masturbation of a thousand clicks and shares from people your dad's age who lost touch with the world in 1975 and think everything still works the way it did when they were 30 and already had a house, kids, a fully paid off car, and a guaranteed pension.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Sep 18, 2017

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Strikes me as a joke made by millennials about millennials.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I love ramen a whole lot, but I'm not sure if I love it 96 billion dollars worth but I'm willing to give it a shot. But, I'm not a millennial so nobody would even notice.

I miss when gen x was the one killing stuff :smith:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Maybe if boomers weren't living longer and hanging onto their spanking paddles well past normal retirement age then millennials might have a chance.

loving boomers, practically destroyed the worlds forests just to get all the wood for their spanking paddles. Buncha assholes need three spanking paddles for each person, AND a summer spanking paddle in the Poconos.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Sardines? The dadliest catch?? Millennial will NOT take this from us.

Just kidding I'm a millennial and everyone should be able to enjoy sardines.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I only use heirloom spruce artisinal spanking paddles cut from virgin forest windfall using a handcrafted stone adze

help me budget this. my family is dying

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

The Bloop posted:

I only use heirloom spruce artisinal spanking paddles cut from virgin forest windfall using a handcrafted stone adze

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
As long as they're dying of spanking, then you're fulfilling gods will.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Avocado Toast Georg, who lives in cave & spends $48 quadrillion a year on Uber Eats, is an outlier and should not have been counted.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

a kitten posted:

I love ramen a whole lot, but I'm not sure if I love it 96 billion dollars worth but I'm willing to give it a shot. But, I'm not a millennial so nobody would even notice.

I miss when gen x was the one killing stuff :smith:

Well, if you'd finished the job there wouldn't be anything left for us to kill.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Antivehicular posted:

Avocado Toast Georg, who lives in cave & spends $48 quadrillion a year on Uber Eats, is an outlier and should not have been counted.

It's nice that he's moved on from eating spiders, at least.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

A Jogger Dubbed The "Mad Pooper" Is Terrorizing Colorado Springs

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Some call her the "Mad Pooper"

My mom calls her "The Butt-ler"

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

MizPiz posted:

Some call her the "Mad Pooper"

My mom calls her "The Butt-ler"

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

The Bloop posted:

I got a hand-crafted, artisanal, fair-trade spanking paddle on Etsy, I'm creating jobs. And I'm a pervert.

UwUnabomber has a new favorite as of 15:02 on Sep 19, 2017

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Dylanthulhu posted:

I got a hand-crafted, artisanal, fair-trade spanking paddle on Etsy, I'm creating jobs. And I'm a pervert.

Are the materials of the paddle sustainably sourced? Because while I'm a sex pervert, I also care about the health of our world's forests. Mine are hand-hewn in small batches from one tree at a time, treated with oil derived from that tree's sap and rendered leaves and bark. And the form factor, while mildly unpleasant to the eye, makes the most of the available wood in the tree, and gives you the classic, rustic spanking that gold-rush frontiersmen enjoyed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
LOL if you don't have Enrique sing to the tree and drum on it with specially prepared sticks until the spirit of the tree willingly parts with a spanking paddle extruded from its living flesh.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

The Bloop posted:

LOL if you don't have Enrique sing to the tree and drum on it with specially prepared sticks until the spirit of the tree willingly parts with a spanking paddle extruded from its living flesh.

The Piggies won't like that! They won't like it at all!

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Police Chase Ends After Suspect Stops To Apply For A Job

https://i.imgur.com/uj6Qrp2.gifv

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

Gonna disrupt this whole market space with my app that links consumers to artisanal spanking paddles in vending machines and drone delivery.

Buttdegas.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

"Do you have any prior convictions?"

"Depends on when I'm hired."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Barry Bluejeans posted:

"Do you have any prior convictions?"

"Depends on when I'm hired."

“It pleases me to say that I have no prior convictions.”

Even if he does have prior convictions, lying can be pleasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Welcome to new zealand we're very serious and professional