Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Hey, ranked players, what are the best resources for learning bans and picks? I would like to at least complete my placement matches this season, and I did one yesterday and it was pretty terrible and reminded me of why I quit playing LoL and DOTA.

I dunno, I spend most my time in solo QM and have a good enough time, maybe I need to stay there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

bengy81 posted:

Hey, ranked players, what are the best resources for learning bans and picks? I would like to at least complete my placement matches this season, and I did one yesterday and it was pretty terrible and reminded me of why I quit playing LoL and DOTA.

I dunno, I spend most my time in solo QM and have a good enough time, maybe I need to stay there.

Try this? https://www.heroescounters.com/teampicker

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6cWYGTYFXQ Ana Spotlight

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but Ana looks like she has a bit too many big drawbacks. No mobility + no ability to self heal are big problems. The heal nullify and skillshot low cooldown cleanse at 13 might make up for that though, who knows.

http://heroes.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/blizzplanet-preview-ana-abilities

Here are her talents. She has a few crazy ones

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 18, 2017

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

NeurosisHead posted:

"butcher we need you in teamfights man come on"

"have to farm meat in lane first"

The whole point of Butcher's trait rework is to make it worth participating in fights before finishing the meat quest.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but Ana looks like she has a bit too many big drawbacks. No mobility + no ability to self heal are big problems. The heal nullify and skillshot low cooldown cleanse at 13 might make up for that though, who knows.

Can she not grenade at her feet like she can in Overwatch?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Midnightghoul posted:

She can heal herself with grenade, just not her main heal. It's still a significant drawback, but she isn't completely without self-sustain. No mobility is an issue, but sleep helps with escapes so she's again not completely out of answers.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kyrosiris posted:

Can she not grenade at her feet like she can in Overwatch?

It looks like it can in the video, but it's a fairly small AoE heal on a long cooldown. More useful for the buffs/debuffs it applies.

Should be noted from the talents she also has a 75% spell damage reduction on auto attack stacks talent, which might be significant as well

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Midnightghoul posted:

It looks like it can in the video, but it's a fairly small AoE heal on a long cooldown. More useful for the buffs/debuffs it applies.

Yeah, I asked that before I got there. Maybe she won't be as much of an unkillable rear end in a top hat since the grenade isn't literally half of her health pool. :v:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21045721/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-september-18-2017-9-18-2017

Patch notes. Rehgar nerf inc. Karazhim standard spec nerfed. Johanna minor rework

edit: Balance patch for this week

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21045724

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 18, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Midnightghoul posted:

I really like the approach Blizzard is taking lately with their talent system for Ana and Kel'Thuzad. Yes, please make talents super strong and noticeable instead of a 5% damage boost! Have talents actually give the hero new abilities and capabilities instead of increasing range by 17%!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Reducing the number of Q hits needed for the sand clone doesn't solve a single of the problems the "rework" added. Oh well, good ol' "feels, not reals" balancing.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kyrosiris posted:

Reducing the number of Q hits needed for the sand clone doesn't solve a single of the problems the "rework" added. Oh well, good ol' "feels, not reals" balancing.

It's better than the reasoning behind the Chen change at least.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Lots of changes (I like most of them). Entomb's CD going to 60 is very welcome, 75 was too high.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
This whole time I thought Ana and Junkrat were going to be simultaneously released, causing me to try saving up 30k gold.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

quote:

- The 1,000 Gem reward for reaching level 5 has been removed.
- The Welcome Bundle has been removed from the Collection.

Hah, yeah, just remove what little is left for making new players want to keep playing the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Falling Sword damage cut by half, yeesh, just put the flail down Johanna, you're not allowed to do damage.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Alpha Mayo posted:

This whole time I thought Ana and Junkrat were going to be simultaneously released, causing me to try saving up 30k gold.

They have never done a simultaneous release since beta and Blizzard has said that they never plan to do another one because it can make balancing harder when multiple new mechanics are introduced.

Just make sure you can get 15k gold in roughly 4 weeks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yardbomb posted:

Falling Sword damage cut by half, yeesh, just put the flail down Johanna, you're not allowed to do damage.

They buffed a lot of her ability and talent damage, though...

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

wiegieman posted:

The whole point of Butcher's trait rework is to make it worth participating in fights before finishing the meat quest.

Yes, I'm well aware of that fact, which is why I facetiously posted an example of a frustrating conversation one would have at the beginning of a match during free butcher week. People will see "1 safe meat from minion but more meat from players except players will kill you maybe" and they will avoid teamfights and take 20 minutes to get enough meat because people are loving stupid.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

They buffed a lot of her ability and talent damage, though...

Oh woops, I saw the tiny Sins Exposed one and Holy Fury but misread that new Roar.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yardbomb posted:

Oh woops, I saw the tiny Sins Exposed one and Holy Fury but misread that new Roar.

Don't forget double Hammer with huge cdr!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
PTR is up, and Trikslyr is streaming it at, starting with some viewer games on Volskaya with Ana.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

NeurosisHead posted:

Yes, I'm well aware of that fact, which is why I facetiously posted an example of a frustrating conversation one would have at the beginning of a match during free butcher week. People will see "1 safe meat from minion but more meat from players except players will kill you maybe" and they will avoid teamfights and take 20 minutes to get enough meat because people are loving stupid.

Yes, I didn't make it clear enough that I was agreeing with you. Too many Butchers are cowards.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Jeez these joanna changes. I was getting used to having 40 extra hp/sec regeneration in tge late game and it was all removed. Not sure if I can even play her in QM now.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Spudd posted:

Have we met before? Because you seem to know me awfully well.

Li-Ming also has the best (THE MASTER SKIN DOESN'T EXIST) skins in the game. The Protoss skin is just amazing. :allears:

There's something about motherfucking AZULA that fits the Wizard very well. She does the power-hungry thing amazingly.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Midnightghoul posted:

It's better than the reasoning behind the Chen change at least.

I dunno, nerfing a character who hasn't had an overall hotslogs winrate (:can:) over 50% all of 2017 just because some dumb streamer threw a baby bitch fit is pretty dumb too.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MisterZimbu posted:

Hah, yeah, just remove what little is left for making new players want to keep playing the game.
I'd love to know the reasoning, if any, behind these changes.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

MMAgCh posted:

I'd love to know the reasoning, if any, behind these changes.

:10bux: :10bux: :10bux:

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Man no idea how good the build would be but I am thinking it might be interesting to grab the Shrike upgrades, the level 7 basic attack spellpower reducer, and the grenade talents to do more damage and healing with grenades. Too bad can't get the grenade CDR with the Shrike activated mode.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

wiegieman posted:

Yes, I didn't make it clear enough that I was agreeing with you. Too many Butchers are cowards.

I wouldn't say that, had a great placement match where a Butcher died 15 times.

edit: boo on nerfing kharazim's heal build :(

edit2: wait read "reduction increase" wrong, he's gonna heal so much more maybe

appropriatemetaphor fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 18, 2017

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

edit: boo on nerfing kharazim's heal build :(

The opposite actually, it's a nerf to Ironfists.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I couldn't' tell from the video (no sound), is Eye of Horus a skillshot or point and click? What's the travel time if you are shooting all the way across the map?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

appropriatemetaphor posted:

The thing about Butcher is as long as he completes his meat quest before you're too far behind you will win the game like 75% of the time. It's the biggest power spike in the game, and unless the other team is 100% dedicated to blowing him up the second he pokes his face into a team fight he will destroy the entire enemy team with minimal support as long as the player doesn't completely screw up applying butcher's brand and doesn't get any healing out of it.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

Midnightghoul posted:

She seems like she'll fill a similar playstyle as Tyrande used to. (I have no idea if new Tyrande still has to carefully watch positioning and pop fast ccs to escape, I haven't played her since the rework)

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Pleased to see those changes to the level 1 Kharazim talents. It's long been understood that Ironfist trumps all others the vast majority of the time, with Insight being a niche pick if you need the sustain it provides. Transcendence was straight trash for ages. The 16 change is to incentivize picking it over way of the hundred fists, which is a shame because WotHF is super fun. I'm a bit bullish about the cooldown nerf to his base heal, but it might be needed with those other changes. Wouldn't be shocked if it goes live at 9 seconds instead.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh boy I can't wai- *farrrrrrrt*

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousUninterestedSardineFutureMan

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
That... that actually looks pretty goddamn broken

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

100% pick or ban

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

And remember she has a 20 talent that heals 50% of all the damage being done too :psyduck:

So yeah absolutely on this thing

lucifirius posted:

100% pick or ban

Second time too: https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyGiftedJellyfishBudBlast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

So that combo works exactly how it does in Overwatch. :v: