Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Blind Sally posted:

Nah, that was still in Let's Play. I can't probate outside of this corner of SA.

That said...

That probation came 3 weeks after I made the post. Tax evasion is not always dealt with swiftly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Bureaucracy is a hell of a thing. Slow, ponderous... but unstoppable.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How many languages are the mods fluent in?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Mraagvpeine posted:

How many languages are the mods fluent in?

As many as Google Translate let's them be

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Pretty much. Also, if you're going to dodge the angel tax, you're going to want to be more esoteric than a quick Google search can solve.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
T-that's not a challenge! Please don't dance any harder :negative:

-

Sally fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 18, 2017

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
One cannot simply stop the Dance of the Angels.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The recent episode made me wonder who....

Sang With the Golden Ace

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I got all the enemy ace shootdowns with the railgun insta-gib

I remember way to much about this game.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

T-that's not a challenge! Please don't dancing any harder :negative:

Gehenna awaits you for offering so foolish a challenge. Tanazanite blue skies make way to black stormclouds, as the winds pick up, grounding this cutting edge fighter of a thread due to a light misting of shitpost droplets. MIT scientists have been working for the better part of a decade to figure out how to "gameify" tasks and motivate people through positive reinforcement, but you've overturned all their research by showing punishments are equally effective. Dens of criminals are full of people who will take up a challenge after a taunt like that. Engels would classify this as a typically bougie mistake, underestimating the proles and causing their own downfall.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wait, just checking, you work out exactly how someone told you to neglect your family and fly a jetfighter before you probe them right?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In my current New Game+ of the thread (Already watched the videos, catching up with the rest of the posting) I noticed many targets alive!

Mods need to S rank the thread

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Is it time to cut a rug with the angel'ed ones?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Just popping in to say the xbox360 AC was the best one

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Sayaw sa mga anghel

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Maybe we, I dunno, shouldn't taunt the tax collectors? After all, it's a sixer now, but interest always finds a way to bite you in the rear end.

Of course this is me trying to calm things down for Crow's sanity; it's not like it can actually do any good, though...

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Blind Sally posted:

Bureaucracy is a hell of a thing. Slow, ponderous... but unstoppable.

like belkan super weapons?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Thefluffy posted:

He said unstoppable, so no.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Cythereal posted:

He said unstoppable, so no.

The Hresvelgr will return. It still wont do anything, but it will dance the skies again.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Thefluffy posted:

how are you this bad

M_Gargantua posted:

In my current New Game+ of the thread (Already watched the videos, catching up with the rest of the posting) I noticed many targets alive!

Mods need to S rank the thread

I completely agree.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Prance with Bengals, you would-be flyboys.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Cheetos, fritos, doritos, dance with the angelitos.

(I'm hungry, okay?)

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Mods think they can keep me down, but I'm back from probation, baby, and dancin' with angels on the head of a pin!

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Angel Combat 6: Dancing all the time

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!

Blind Sally posted:

Pretty much. Also, if you're going to dodge the angel tax, you're going to want to be more esoteric than a quick Google search can solve.

Blind Sally posted:

T-that's not a challenge! Please don't dance any harder :negative:

-

Too late Blind. They are already dancing harder than they ever danced before.

Also, when you think about it, considering where angels tend to be most the time, when someone says Go Dance with the Angels, they are telling them, to go die.

Not that bad when a POW says it, but a little girl to her mother? A wife to her husband? Proof that people in fictional games say things without taking the meaning into account.

WampaPartyEX
Jan 13, 2012

Materant posted:

Angel Combat 6: Dancing all the time

An angelic rhythm game in the style of Drakkengard's plane segment. Unlock different skins, guide your plane through dogfights and obstacles with the power of music, and truly learn how to Dance With The Angels.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

KDavisJr posted:

Too late Blind. They are already dancing harder than they ever danced before.

Also, when you think about it, considering where angels tend to be most the time, when someone says Go Dance with the Angels, they are telling them, to go die.

Not that bad when a POW says it, but a little girl to her mother? A wife to her husband? Proof that people in fictional games say things without taking the meaning into account.

Swear to god, that's what it sounds like to me. Every time that kid says it, in my head it's auto-translated to "Go f--- yourself."

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
Welp, posting privileges are back. Time to ditch them again.

Ku tyhla fedr dra yhkamc!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Sword Hunter Gil posted:

An angelic rhythm game in the style of Drakkengard's plane segment. Unlock different skins, guide your plane through dogfights and obstacles with the power of music, and truly learn how to Dance With The Angels.

The final mission is to shoot down a swordwielding rear end in a top hat on a dragon? Sold.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I like to think that people are joing the forums for gimmicks like this so: good job Crow.

Also you haven't effort posted in a bit. I hope you are okay.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

painedforever posted:

Would it really be that bad, though?

Yes? Just to start with the obvious, the Spruce Goose, 747, A380, An-225, [name of large plane here] are not designed to carry a fully sized aircraft carrier as payload. Aigaion is explicitly a CATOBAR carrier with wings. A Nimitz-class displaces at something close to 100,000 tons full load, and not all of that is weight you can just subtract when you make it fly instead of sail. I believe the max loaded weight for an An-225, payload included, is something like 700 tons. Huge, absolutely, aircraft carrier size, not a chance.

Also, for comparison, the Spruce Goose wingspan was 320 feet. The Aigaion's span is over 3000. I'm just saying, you can't just handwave off scale issues like that and say "it's not insurmountable" when the sum total of a hundred years of aviation progress hasn't produced anything flying that's even one percent of the mass of an all-up aircraft carrier and a tenth of the wingspan. Much less built engines that could power the drat thing.

only Belka could produce such a flying supercarrier, for better or for worse :v:

e: well, them and SHIELD. who are apparently evil or were fronted by an evil org or something I don't follow comics anymore. Hydra is Belka?

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 18, 2017

Stormgear
Feb 12, 2014

Psion posted:

Yes? Just to start with the obvious, the Spruce Goose, 747, A380, An-225, [name of large plane here] are not designed to carry a fully sized aircraft carrier as payload. Aigaion is explicitly a CATOBAR carrier with wings. A Nimitz-class displaces at something close to 100,000 tons full load, and not all of that is weight you can just subtract when you make it fly instead of sail. I believe the max loaded weight an An-225 can handle, payload included, is something like 700 tons. Huge, absolutely, aircraft carrier size, not a chance.

Also, for comparison, the Spruce Goose wingspan was a 320 feet. The Aigaion's span is over 3000. I'm just saying, you can't just handwave off scale issues like that and say "it's not insurmountable" when the sum total of a hundred years of aviation progress hasn't produced anything flying that's even one percent of the mass of an all-up aircraft carrier and a tenth of the wingspan. Much less built engines that could power the drat thing.

only Belka could produce such a flying supercarrier, for better or for worse :v:

e: well, them and SHIELD. who are apparently evil or were fronted by an evil org or something I don't follow comics anymore. Hydra is Belka?

How else do you think they keep popping up all over the place? The Grey Men are basically Doctor Zola writ large.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

I like to think that people are joing the forums for gimmicks like this so: good job Crow.

Also you haven't effort posted in a bit. I hope you are okay.

Oh, I'm alright. I've been focused on dealing with certain real life matters lately that I don't want to trouble anyone here with, so I haven't really been interested in trying to be funny on the internet in recent days.

That said, the Mission 10 video and post should be online later today or tomorrow. I've only got two missions left that I need to record commentary for, so we're almost done with this one.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Nice, I look forward to the AC7 let's play

or do the PSP ace combats still come first in the timeline, I have no idea

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
AC6 takes place in Strangereal 2015, ACX takes place in Strangereal 2020, and I'm not sure any dates are out for AC7 but it's very likely to be after that.

e: you know, it's not? Assuming nothing changes from now until release, the trailers they've released have Mission 3 datestamped at May 30, 2019. So at least part of AC7 takes place before X.

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 18, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

That said, the Mission 10 video and post should be online later today or tomorrow. I've only got two missions left that I need to record commentary for, so we're almost done with this one.

I call dibs and I hope things go smoothly

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
When will we fly the Wright Flyer I?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's too hard to make it fly once you strap a few dozen missiles to it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

goatface posted:

It's too hard to make it fly once you strap a few dozen missiles to it.

Use the missiles as thrust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Tunicate posted:

The final mission is to shoot down a swordwielding rear end in a top hat on a dragon? Sold.

So the end of AC0, metaphorically?