Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Faustian Bargain posted:

Didn't Robert E. Lee rejoin the regular army after the Civil War?

No. Lee's health was already in decline at the end of the war and he went off into retirement, eventually became president of the small, struggling Washington College (Now Washington and Lee).

And seriously, as Grant remained in charge of the Army, and was succeeded by Sherman, it'd be shocking if they'd have even entertained the notion. Hell, the Radical Republicans wanted to hang him, there's no way they'd have countenanced him rejoining the US army.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So even in his own comics, Ted Rall's voice pieces are pieces of poo poo that no one likes?

Fuckin' wow.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ramos posted:

So even in his own comics, Ted Rall's voice pieces are pieces of poo poo that no one likes?

Fuckin' wow.
Write what you know.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

In our time of national crisis, nice to see Ted Rall aiming the big guns with the argument that matters most: Obama sux.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Weird how "campaign on poo poo that will get you votes" is suddenly bad when it's for non-white voters.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Trogdos! posted:

Stiglich posted:

BLM/Occupy Philly DA candidate Larry Krasner has sued the Phila. Police Dept more than 75 times, and endorses safe injection sites for heroin users.
Well, I'd vote for him if I lived in Philly. I only know his stance on one issue and his aggressive legal tactics but I like what I see. Thanks for the heads-up, friend Stiglich!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Stiglich posted:

BLM/Occupy Philly DA candidate Larry Krasner has sued the Phila. Police Dept more than 75 times, and endorses safe injection sites for heroin users.

Translation: Police departments are above reproach and is traitorous to legally challenge them.
Also drug users don't count as humans deserving of mercy and help, just shoot them like you would rabid dogs.

How's my Dogwhistle facist speak? I think I'm pretty much fluent by now.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

In our time of national crisis, nice to see Ted Rall aiming the big guns with the argument that matters most: Obama sux.

This is your daily reminder that Ted Rall works for Sputnik News.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Russians arent keen on employee insubordination

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Though Ted getting whipped like a Russian mule would make a good cartoon

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Two long comics today:

Mike Dawson on moving forward.

Niki Smith on Germany's government.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Well, I'd vote for him if I lived in Philly. I only know his stance on one issue and his aggressive legal tactics but I like what I see. Thanks for the heads-up, friend Stiglich!

Yeah, this dude sounds p good actually.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

In cartoon frog news, Matt Furie is using the legal system to reclaim Pepe.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8x8gaa/pepe-the-frogs-creator-lawsuits-dmca-matt-furie-alt-right?utm_source=mbtwitter

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Can't wait for noted conservative and law & order supporter Benjamin "Gumshoe" Garrison to talk about how law and order actually don't apply if you're supporting Trump.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Potato Salad posted:

Can't wait for noted conservative and law & order supporter Benjamin "Gumshoe" Garrison to talk about how law and order actually don't apply if you're supporting Trump.

Law and order candidates only care about black people thuggish crimes. white people white collar crimes are fine as long as they deny there was a crime, claim the science is fraudulent/out to stifle business, or they are welly sowwie

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
A good cartoon/article. :geno:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Potato Salad posted:

He did a cartoon a while back about how Matt Furie doesn't own Pepe anymore, which is pretty loving rich coming from someone who complained so hard about the Zyklon Ben edits.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What a bunch of clowns!

I guess, in fairness, this does specifically reference the party that is in majority control of both houses of the branch.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

frankenfreak posted:

A good cartoon/article. :geno:

To be fair the CDU only barely missed getting the absolute majority in the last election and this might be the first time that Nazis are back in the Bundestag in a long time. Partially because every party pretty much wants the same thing now with slight variations except for the leftist party and people are tired of politics.
So it's not really an exciting race who's gonna win but the smaller stuff is kind of terrifying.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
See I WAS going to argue with this comic but then I noticed the every man was black and I'm not racist so I have to instantly agree with every position taken by a black man created by a white man

quote:

"Only a select few I decide voTe down here Georgie! Only a selecT few!"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

Fun fact: Garrison has violated Furie's copyright multiple times by being paid money to include Pepe in commissioned comics. If Furie wanted to he could sue for all the money Garrison made of any comic that was commissioned using Pepe

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Fun fact: Garrison has violated Furie's copyright multiple times by being paid money to include Pepe in commissioned comics. If Furie wanted to he could sue for all the money Garrison made of any comic that was commissioned using Pepe

And in the style of what he's been doing with this money, donate it to various Islamic/Human Rights charity groups.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

AnoHito posted:

And in the style of what he's been doing with this money, donate it to various Islamic/Human Rights charity groups.

Oh man, I hope he does that. That'd be great. Perfect response to the "you think you own Pepe?" comic.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Translation: Police departments are above reproach and is traitorous to legally challenge them.
Also drug users don't count as humans deserving of mercy and help, just shoot them like you would rabid dogs.

How's my Dogwhistle facist speak? I think I'm pretty much fluent by now.

Does that even count as a dog whistle? Seems like pretty blatant Fascist cheerleading to me.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson and the Tory leadership – Boris Johnson has been accused of ‘backseat driving’ over his article reviving the idea of £350m a week becoming available for the NHS after Brexit"

Telegraph:

Independent:

‘I could be the next PM’: Vince Cable plots path back from wilderness

Times:

Evening Standard:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Roland Jones posted:

Oh man, I hope he does that. That'd be great. Perfect response to the "you think you own Pepe?" comic.

He already has. Not against Garrison, but he's won a lawsuit against some other right winger and given the money to CAIR.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jurgan posted:

He already has. Not against Garrison, but he's won a lawsuit against some other right winger and given the money to CAIR.

I know about that, yeah. The guy he sued wrote a white supremacist children's book called "Pepe and the 'Pede" or something. I am just hoping he does it to Garrison next.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's high time that someone uses all that legal framework for something more worthwhile then keeping control on Micky mouse.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Roland Jones posted:

I know about that, yeah. The guy he sued wrote a white supremacist children's book called "Pepe and the 'Pede" or something. I am just hoping he does it to Garrison next.

There was nothing white supremacist about it, it was just standard republican stuff and a questionably Muslim alligator

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trump retweeted a gif of himself hitting Hillary Clinton with a golf ball.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

/r/the_donald hasn't gone as ballistic as I'd hoped. Maybe when the admins wake up and alter their CSS to remove Pepe.

Darth Windu posted:

There was nothing white supremacist about it, it was just standard republican stuff and a questionably Muslim alligator

Standard Republican Stuff and a Questionably Muslim Alligator is my politicore band.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Darth Windu posted:

And the harem of pigs covered in mud that formed a burqa pattern that followed the muslim alligator.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Thirty years ago they'd make basically the same cartoon only the guy would be saying something like "I bought a 'tape deck'"

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Sometimes I wonder if Pulitzer gets mocked by other award namesakes.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010
Saw this and it's vaguely political.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

From the Idiots on Social Media thread:

Your Honor, as Exhibit A in my defense I present this stack of Ben Garrison cartoons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lord Hydronium posted:

From the Idiots on Social Media thread:

Your Honor, as Exhibit A in my defense I present this stack of Ben Garrison cartoons.

Judge: Why are most of these about some sort of swamp?

• Locked thread