Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I feel really stupid being given a brand new Switch but not really caring about using it because all my data for Splatoon is on my brother's. The prospect of grinding out all the gear and levels and single-player again is...not fun.

Shame Nintendo is still stuck in the past and your save data isn't actually tied to your profile.

Send it to me, I'll do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

Okay, so me and a couple of people in the Nintengoons Discord decided to run some tests on Stealth Jump to see if maybe it's more useful than we gave it credit for. The results:

Marker is visbile, though part of it is starting to fade out.

Marker is fading out more.

And this is where Stealth Jump fully kicks in.

The activation distance is honestly shorter than I expected, but honestly? Just learn how to super jump smarter. Or have Splashdown ready. There are tons of better things to put in that ability slot.

On the plus side, we discovered that squid beacons just hide the marker entirely. And considering that enemy players pretty much destroy them on sight, super jumping to a beacon is considerably less risky than super jumping to a player.

These changes make it anti-sniping tech without also giving someone a stealth kill. That's not unfair, imo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Internet Kraken posted:

I feel really stupid being given a brand new Switch but not really caring about using it because all my data for Splatoon is on my brother's. The prospect of grinding out all the gear and levels and single-player again is...not fun.

Shame Nintendo is still stuck in the past and your save data isn't actually tied to your profile.

Sure it is... It's just not cloud saved.
... And you can't copy it.
... Or choose whether things save to your SD card or not.

Why all these massive steps backward from the Wii U and 3DS? Only the big brains at Nintendo know, and they ain't talkin'!

Hopefully they get this poo poo (and the frequent connection errors, which of course you are punished for) sorted out before they decide to start charging for online.

raditts fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 18, 2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Wii U and Splatoon had this wonderful issue called "save-scumming," which I imagine they're trying to avoid.

Also, I can't blame them for basically putting the whole system on lockdown, because people keep trying to take the drat thing apart. The 3DS got its first major hack, from what I recall, thanks to that system's YouTube app, so it's no wonder we don't have streaming apps.

Like, it wouldn't be an issue if people would just leave the system alone, because I've met too many people who brag about how they have the FreeShop on their 3DS, like Nintendo owes them every game ever made because they got a used 3DS from their local GameStop.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Extreme lack of verticality and tons of blind corners make Kelp Dome a roller/shooter playground. But now you can also dominate lanes by lazily spamming curlers.

You could try using a non-charger weapon but then that would ruin your gimmick about only posting about how you use chargers

edit: this came out a bit more hostile than I intended it

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 18, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

You could try using a non-charger weapon but then that would ruin your gimmick about only posting about how you use chargers

That's being a bit generous. I only use one specific charger.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Not gimmicky enough unless its the goo tuber.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Not gimmicky enough unless its the goo tuber.

Hey, I was gonna rehabilitate the Goo Tuber, but y'all were like "no its trash dont bother lol".

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Be the best gootuber in the world if only so you can say so and because it has a funny name

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Now we're just splitting hairs; I saw your weapon unlocks, you have two even if it's just the scoped and unscoped one

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Like, it wouldn't be an issue if people would just leave the system alone, because I've met too many people who brag about how they have the FreeShop on their 3DS, like Nintendo owes them every game ever made because they got a used 3DS from their local GameStop.

Jailbreaking will never not be a thing. The onus is on the company to keep their products secure, but realistically, there's only so much they can do

But they oughta get with 2017 and start utilizing their accounts system in actual useful ways like cloud saves

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Seems like most matches recently are just "whichever team has the least disconnects wins"

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
This is a really difficult Salmon Run loadout. Barely getting any full completions in Profresh.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Takoluka posted:

FreeShop on their 3DS

How have I never heard of this. Not that I want to make use of it. But wow.

I just have the hack thing for save editing because I'm not good at grinding Pokemon. (And also when Miitopia's editor is useful. I just wish there were save editors for the Streetpass Plaza games.)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
For the love of god, do not play as duos in League Rainmaker! Get a team of 4 people if you're going to play Rainmaker there. You want everyone on the same page, instead of 2 sets of 2 people that probably have wildly different ideas about what should be done. Especially since Rainmaker is the most demanding out of all the 3 ranked modes in the game.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 18, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

League Rainmaker is the expanded god brain meme highest tier of Splatoon 2. the competition there is ludicrous

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Dr. Fetus posted:

For the love of god, do not play as duos in League Rainmaker! Get a team of 4 people if you're going to play Rainmaker there. You want everyone on the same page, instead of 2 sets of 2 people that probably have wildly different ideas about what should be done. Especially since Rainmaker is the most demanding out of all the 3 ranked modes in the game.

Luckily if you're playing duos in league, you're on a team with at least 2 other dingdongs who picked duo too

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The nice thing about league duos is that you can practice without risking your ranking.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i absolutely love that there's no rank in league

it's all the fun of ranked modes without the anxiety of losing progress

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Spellman posted:

Jailbreaking will never not be a thing. The onus is on the company to keep their products secure, but realistically, there's only so much they can do

But they oughta get with 2017 and start utilizing their accounts system in actual useful ways like cloud saves

Cloud Saves are one thing they are specifically planning on implementing with their new online service

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh man the random weapons every round in Salmon Run make it a lot more fun, except when it gives you 3 chargers and a nozzlenose and you get stomped into the dirt

Hey question- how do you use the Stinger effectively? What is it for?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Oh man the random weapons every round in Salmon Run make it a lot more fun, except when it gives you 3 chargers and a nozzlenose and you get stomped into the dirt

Hey question- how do you use the Stinger effectively? What is it for?

Stinger is great for glowflies when your team is idiots, can shoot down the mothership and get a bunch of bonus eggs, if you fire them at the flyfish pilot it can bypass their armor and will bypass the armor of everything, you still have to shoot the bombs on steelheads though. The big problem with it is you're extremely vulnerable to the random salmon mobs with it so get somewhere out of the way before whipping it out.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Hi I just started playing this game and it's pretty fun but is the Tri Slosher some overpowered bullshit or am I just really bad (it's at least both :))?

Also any tips for generally spotting enemies? I'm terrible at looking for the splashes and usually just die out of nowhere.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Stinger is great for glowflies when your team is idiots, can shoot down the mothership and get a bunch of bonus eggs, if you fire them at the flyfish pilot it can bypass their armor and will bypass the armor of everything, you still have to shoot the bombs on steelheads though. The big problem with it is you're extremely vulnerable to the random salmon mobs with it so get somewhere out of the way before whipping it out.

How about in Turf War? I think I've splatted a grand total of like 2 people with it and I never seem to be able to really do too much with it. Is it more of just kind of an area denial tool?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The tri slosher is fine and was even nerfed recently. Try to learn it's range and keep away from it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

Hi I just started playing this game and it's pretty fun but is the Tri Slosher some overpowered bullshit or am I just really bad (it's at least both :))?

Also any tips for generally spotting enemies? I'm terrible at looking for the splashes and usually just die out of nowhere.

It used to be a lot worse and any old person could kill you with it unless they were awful. Now it's been nerfed so it's more of a weapon only pro players use.

Octobrush, though, now THAT'S a son of a bitch

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Dr. Fetus posted:

For the love of god, do not play as duos in League Rainmaker!

Having just two idiots on the team sure beats the three you'd get teamed up with going in solo.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

https://iidahime.tumblr.com/post/165475171451/lesuna793-source-permission-to-upload-this

Monkey Fracas posted:

How about in Turf War? I think I've splatted a grand total of like 2 people with it and I never seem to be able to really do too much with it. Is it more of just kind of an area denial tool?

Area of denial, it's handy in tower control and rain maker but in turf war, it's just disruptive and a good long range distraction.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

Just paying better attention, but that will come with time. Once you don't have to think about what you are doing or what buttons you are pressing anymore, you'll be able to keep much better track of what's going on around you.

Amazing avatar/post combo btw

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

It's crazy how everyone who posts here only ever gets paired up with the dumbest most incompetent motherfuckers. Like, what are the odds

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I get what you're implying, but there are a lot of bads, and people only tend to post when things go tits up. If everything goes smoothly there's nothing to post about.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
I really wish S2 had a built-in instant replay thing, nobody really wants to type out let alone read hype game moments.

https://fat.gfycat.com/SmallMilkyIrishterrier.webm

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Imagined posted:

I get what you're implying, but there are a lot of bads, and people only tend to post when things go tits up. If everything goes smoothly there's nothing to post about.

I will post when I finally break my 65% loss rate

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Manky posted:

I really wish S2 had a built-in instant replay thing, nobody really wants to type out let alone read hype game moments.

https://fat.gfycat.com/SmallMilkyIrishterrier.webm

The screenshot button is supposed to eventually do that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How could you do that to a Callie fan....

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

They made me :qq:

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yeah I remember reading an interview that said they'd like to do that, it'd be a great feature-add.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Teeth wrong.

I had several completely retarded teammates in SR today, some of whom I blocked because you stop the Crasher in Low Tide so that it blocks the only route, you are either trolling the team or belong to Go-Getter. Please be garbage in someone else's game.

I also had good games, like the Mothership round where our Stingray user had apparently determined mathematically perfect spot to shoot at to murder approximately infinite Chinooks and our Charger was either aimbotting or channeling the autistic fury of every single preteen CoD player. I spent pretty much entire round in golden shower while ferrying eggs. Bitching about bad players is just a way to blow off steam but writing about times when you did good just feels like masturbation.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

In Training posted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Improbable Lobster posted:

They mentioned it once in like January. I’m almost starting to worry that it’s never coming. I really want it too.:smith:

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Monkey Fracas posted:

I usually don't use it until someone else on my team does. Two stingrays at once can be pretty devastating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

SeANMcBAY posted:

They mentioned it once in like January. I’m almost starting to worry that it’s never coming. I really want it too.:smith:

I imagine that it's pretty technically difficult