Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I keep hearing about how Rick and Morty fans are terrible but I have trouble imagining what they could be doing that is so awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I keep hearing about how Rick and Morty fans are terrible but I have trouble imagining what they could be doing that is so awful
Time to take a trip down the TV/IV Rabbit Hole my friend

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Imagine Blitz' post only instead of casually suggesting you might like it, greatly insisting you will like it, no question and if you don't, there is something wrong with you.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Did you ever see the rejected Korean pilot?

Even the version that did air is... quite something.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Time to take a trip down the TV/IV Rabbit Hole my friend

well yeah but name a TV/IV thread that isn't awful

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There's a lot of references and hints at larger things that exist for flavoring that fans neurotically pick into and feel desperate to overexplain to everyone else.

For example, Virgil Texas posted this from the rick and morty wiki (why)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If someone says "x fans are truly awful" I think to myself "are they as bad as bronies?" And realize the answer is no, and believe it can't be bad. This is probably a bad way to answer the question.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I don't have it anymore. But I can remember a few vague details...

- Only one celebrity guest voice per season. And they cannot play themselves.
- The Simpsons cannot leave the United States, ever. They're a blue collar family, blue collar families don't travel to Europe, or South America or Australia. In fact, don't even leave Springfield for a few seasons until that right is earned again.
- Lisa and Bart are not mini adults.
- Marge is supposed to be the straight man, not the doorstop.
- The Simpson family should not be celebrities in their own home town.
- Homer Simpson has a goddamn workplace and a job. Show it.
- When you have a visual joke ( physical gag, sign gag, etc) you don't need to show it for ten seconds.

I dunno, there was a lot of thought put into each one at the time.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Mel Mudkiper posted:

well yeah but name a TV/IV thread that isn't awful

The Agents of SHIELD thread is good vibes all the time, b*tch.

seiferguy posted:

If someone says "x fans are truly awful" I think to myself "are they as bad as bronies?" And realize the answer is no, and believe it can't be bad. This is probably a bad way to answer the question.

Of course not. Everyone and their mother hates the Broncos with a passion...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blitz7x posted:

Do we like Rick and Morty or are we already post-R&M on this site

R&M is cool and good

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I wish they would put the Simpsons out of its misery already.

That joke Troy MClure made about the show going on until it was unprofitable was chillingly prescient

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Blitz7x posted:

Do we like Rick and Morty or are we already post-R&M on this site

Last night's episode was great. Also the week before with Evil Morty

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

lol

http://uproxx.com/sports/fox-sports-website-pageview-numbers-dropped-video-pivot/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Who's still watching The Simpsons? I don't know a single person who watches it regularly today.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

seiferguy posted:

Who's still watching The Simpsons? I don't know a single person who watches it regularly today.

I'll catch their marathons on FXX or whatever channel it's on every few weeks when I actually turn on my PS4 and Vue. It's generally as background noise while I work.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

People like my father still watch it. He keeps bringing up the Boston episode from a year or two back and saying I should see it because it skewers the Patriots a bunch.

... Despite them having done that already in an episode from 2005.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I'll watch it on FX so I occasionally see newer episodes. Some are good, some aren't. There was a great 9/11 joke that I never expected and found real funny.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The one where they go to NYC remains my favorite Simpsons episode ever

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Oh come on, I'm sure it wasn't th

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/909458325724696577

:captainpop: Jesus goddamn Christ

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Of course nobody is visiting. The only time I even think about visiting sites like that is when I'm jacking it at work. I am sure I'm not alone.

Nov 6, 2002

Who goes to the big sports sites anymore anyway? They offer no real valuable insight unless you're a super casual fan.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Jesus christ, that's an insane drop in visitors. The continued, slow collapse of the sports broadcasting bubble is going to be amazing.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/70vcr0/im_daryl_davis_a_black_musician_here_to_discuss/?st=J7QNNBB2&sh=82d280eb

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Uproxx has fallen into the same trap.

I do not get why people think we want video content on our dumb websites that we look at when we are at work

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Rick and Morty owns. A lot of possibly literally :spergin: latched on to it on the internet because of course they did, but who cares because everything is like that on the internet.

It's a great show if you don't mind humor based on obscene cartoon gore, alien sexbots spermjackin' from adolescent boys, existentialism and Mr Poopybutthole's crippling painkiller addiction..

OK so that's not the best pitch in the world I admit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Who would have thought that people would rather quickly read an article than sit through two ads to watch a video that takes 4-5 minutes to get to the point.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

swickles posted:

I'll watch it on FX so I occasionally see newer episodes. Some are good, some aren't. There was a great 9/11 joke that I never expected and found real funny.

Heres the joke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXqV8Hmkq7E&t=201s

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I do like that Fox Sports latching hard onto the shithead wagon has devastated them

Who would guess a station that employs skip bayless, colin cowherd, and jason whitlock would be off-putting

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Don't forget Clay Travis!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

are they turning a profit

i've heard of cases like these where all that matters is if they make money, visibility be dammed

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

like Fox Sports One is like that bud light commercial from last night

Sure, we could evolve to reach the tastes of a larger audience or we could double down super hard on the shithead market

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Vertical Lime posted:

are they turning a profit

i've heard of cases like these where all that matters is if they make money, visibility be dammed

Yeah I am sure the ad revenue they are making on videos no one watches is paying for the network no prob

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I do like that Fox Sports latching hard onto the shithead wagon has devastated them

Who would guess a station that employs skip bayless, colin cowherd, and jason whitlock would be off-putting

Lmao yeah only reason I tune into Fox Sports is for Big East and Pacers basketball games. Rest of the time, gently caress 'em.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP/status/909883738221314051

will puerto rico still exist by the end of the week

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

my best friend is the editor for R&M, and ive met a lot of the writers.

They are a dark loving bunch.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Looking at Vue and Sling for the packages I'd use, Sling is $5 more expensive.

I also do not watch or care about comedy central.

You should like a ton of fun

I'm just kidding but what package are you talking about?? I've always priced Sling cheaper

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 18, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah I am sure the ad revenue they are making on videos no one watches is paying for the network no prob

As I understand it video ads (at the moment) pay a loving ton more than print ads and don't require people to actually click on anything once you're on the page for you to get paid. So in theory you can easily drop millions of views and make more money, especially since you aren't paying all of those useless writers creating actual content.

Probably not that many millions of views though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Uproxx has fallen into the same trap.

I do not get why people think we want video content on our dumb websites that we look at when we are at work

I have ragequit 247's pages several times because of a video that auto-plays that you can't stop and only pause. If you move to another page it starts the video over. Yes, this includes on the forums.

Nov 6, 2002

Autoplay videos are going to be dead soon enough if you use Chrome.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

my best friend is the editor for R&M, and ive met a lot of the writers.

They are a dark loving bunch.

I can only imagine the poo poo that doesn't make it on the air.

Nov 6, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can only imagine the poo poo that doesn't make it on the air.

https://twitter.com/justinroiland/status/630924233942499328?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

like Fox Sports One is like that bud light commercial from last night

Sure, we could evolve to reach the tastes of a larger audience or we could double down super hard on the shithead market

Mead sucks, there i said it :colbert:

I will gladly take piss water over that

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Autoplay videos are going to be dead soon enough if you use Chrome.

So basically everybody except iPhone users. Good poo poo yet again, Google. This is why I'm gonna buy your 1000 phone in October.

• Locked thread