Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

codenameFANGIO posted:

NRS please make a legal and good Terrordrome thank you

This would be too good for this world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Mortal Kombat is a lot more popular surprisingly then Injustice 2 is. MKX sold double what Injustice 2 has in the same amount of time, so I think MKXI is next up but NetherRealms hasn't commented either way yet. That's different from last time where once MKX came out, NetherRealms was like, we are absolutely working on Injustice 2 now.

MKX was also early into this generation when only KI and Guilty Gear were big deals and MK had way more name recognition. IJ2 has to compete with goddamned Tekken 7 ;ike a week later or something, so I'm not surprised at the outcomes.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
They should make a Primal Rage 2 in my opinion :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The Injustice Pro Series Finals are on right now. Pretty good variety in the Top 8 after the recent Deadshot madness

https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

Edit: The top 4 televised on ESPN2. Legitimacy achieved

Semiij played out of his mind for a hot second but SonicFox is too good. Also Captain Cold continues to be fun to watch

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 18, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Raiden trailer at the end of the tournament/stream, but that's not the most important part of the announcement.

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/909597732309839872

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I've paid no attention to the DLC rollout, was that little Raiden twist known before now?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I've paid no attention to the DLC rollout, was that little Raiden twist known before now?

it was rumored that raiden was removed and black lightning was added instead or some mumbling of the sort. This is the first official announcement of Black Lightning in Injustice 2.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

god drat those moves and that super are loving crazy. Glad they found a way to please everybody by injecting Black Lightning into the game as well. I imagine the super would be changed slightly for that.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Holy lol his super is an animality

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Gonna be mad when that trap lightning is an equipable ability

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy lol at raiders fatality

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Raiden looks hella good. Also Injustice tournament on ESPN U, lol. Nerds.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Raiden loving rules

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Oberst posted:

Gonna be mad when that trap lightning is an equipable ability

The square cage? Yeah that thing screams gear move.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Kurtofan posted:

Black Lightning loving rules

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Kurtofan posted:

Raiden loving rules

Why not both?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

DatonKallandor posted:

The square cage? Yeah that thing screams gear move.

It looked to me like it might be a meter burn version of the one Raiden does that spans left to right?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Senerio posted:

Why not both?

Because Black Lightning won't get cool gear to mess with and I'd rather have that than different Raiden hats and stupid masks

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
But different Raiden hats and stupid masks are the best part of having Raiden playable!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I want them to be stupid Black Lightning masks, instead

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
So then... will Black Lightning also summon the Mortal Kombat dragon for his super?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Nah, he'll summon Static Shock

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

TheComicFiend posted:

So then... will Black Lightning also summon the Mortal Kombat dragon for his super?

Probably, yeah

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The real loss in no Black Lightning gear is that he won't get a Black Vulcan mask or Static's dreads.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what if raiden had statics dread

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I said come in! posted:

Mortal Kombat is a lot more popular surprisingly then Injustice 2 is. MKX sold double what Injustice 2 has in the same amount of time, so I think MKXI is next up but NetherRealms hasn't commented either way yet. That's different from last time where once MKX came out, NetherRealms was like, we are absolutely working on Injustice 2 now.

Inj2 is still popular enough but whats surprising about MK selling more? MK is a powerhouse franchise even in the years when fighting games were "dead" in the early/mid 2000's.

Raiden looks slick as hell, I am glad that jabroni black lightning is a premium skin so the superior MK characters can have their rightful place over DC sideshow acts :cool:

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

what if raiden had statics dread

Then I will be even sadder that a PC port isn't out yet.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Evil Canadian posted:

Raiden looks slick as hell, I am glad that jabroni black lightning is a premium skin so the superior MK characters can have their rightful place over DC sideshow acts :cool:

Your opinions are bad and you should feel bad for having them :colbert:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I think I'd have been happier if Raiden had been a skin for Black Lightning, especially with how bad Raiden's outfit is.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
We should have gotten Kidd Thunder instead

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

TheComicFiend posted:

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/909824007578546176

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Aw that's disappointing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Wanderer posted:

I think I'd have been happier if Raiden had been a skin for Black Lightning, especially with how bad Raiden's outfit is.

yea I'm just a bit salty about this for a few reasons but one of the big ones is 'why is the DC hero the MK guy's alternate skin in the DC game that already has solid MK representation'.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Okay that's actually pretty good.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

sexpig by night posted:

yea I'm just a bit salty about this for a few reasons but one of the big ones is 'why is the DC hero the MK guy's alternate skin in the DC game that already has solid MK representation'.

You might say it's an....injustice.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
I'll always miss the Goon Squad but I somehow got accepted onto Moosehead, which is currently guild rank 2. I'm doing this only to get the Swamp Thing Legendary air dash gear.

Wish me luck boys :smuggo:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Wanderer posted:

raiden's outfit being bad is why it's good he's the main, it means you can hopefully cobble up something better from gear drops

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Grem posted:

Raiden looks hella good. Also Injustice tournament on ESPN U, lol. Nerds.

That Sonicfox furry is really weird

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Sonicfox rules because he's a ten year old bisexal furry that commands the respect of all the inbred juggalo MK players for being the best in the world at their game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sonicfox is approaching half a million dollars in lifetime prize winnings

• Locked thread