Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
augias
Apr 7, 2009

Q_res posted:

He singlehandedly drug that team to wins last year, repeatedly.

I'll argue it was Lions placekicker Matt Prater who singlehandedly dragged the lions into wins last year o7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:fork:

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/status/909422272259198982

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Stafford is good and fun to watch and deserves his contract

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hot Diggity! posted:

Stafford is good and fun to watch and deserves his contract

Yes and anyone who says otherwise is a loving idiot.

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Lol we are starting Case Keenum

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
sam bradford lmao

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Well that doesn't sound right, we're supposed to get our hopes up for a few games before things go off the rails.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Someone please trade for Glennon

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Vikings, sign Kaep. Just do it, that depth chart is loving abysmal

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

GobiasIndustries posted:

Vikings, sign Kaep. Just do it, that depth chart is loving abysmal

that would give the team two guaranteed wins against the packers, i support this

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/909404023266082816

Sam_Bradford.txt

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I sincerely wish Bradford wasn't built of glass, when he can actually play he's so loving fun to watch

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 17, 2017

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Scraping together what knee ligaments they could find Minnesota unveils their new starting QB

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GobiasIndustries posted:

I sincerely wish Bradford wasn't build of glass, when he can actually play he's so loving fun to watch

See also: RG3.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

See also: RG3.

Yeah him too. But I'm also a huge fan of Captain Kirk so I'm not as disappointed with that one.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Sam Bradford Out (Sam Bradford)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/dan_bernstein/status/909480674758979584

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/909547495503667201
https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/909552636214566913

Oh noooo...

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Chris James 2 posted:

Sam Bradford remains questionable.

Also true when he's not injured

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Not a good night for the Packers but I'm still optimistic on the season if we can get healthy

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

oshuaj posted:

Not a good night for the Packers but I'm still optimistic on the season if we can get healthy

Yeah, going in we were out both starting OTs and poo poo only got worse. And the Falcons in Atlanta was a tall order even for a healthy team. I'm not going to freak out over that loss. That said, we will probably see them again in the playoffs and I'm hoping to see a better game when that comes around.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everythings coming up lion

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
It's hard to freak out when the problems have been the same for years. I just give a sort of eye roll now.

The defense is a sieve like always - I wanna say there were two or three straight completions to Sanu in the first quarter where he was totally uncovered. A healthy Mike Daniels making the front more effective will make the defense work better, but he doesn't solve the communication problems (or the personnel problems) in the secondary.

The offense can't play at all against decent man coverage, the same problem they've had since the Kansas City game in 2011.

That being said, they'll still win the division.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Everythings coming up lion

Oh, oh, I've seen this episode! The wheels fall off the wagon about 2/3 of the way through the season. Then we back into the playoffs and lose in embarrassing fashion in the Wildcard round.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Blotto Skorzany posted:

It's hard to freak out when the problems have been the same for years. I just give a sort of eye roll now.

The defense is a sieve like always - I wanna say there were two or three straight completions to Sanu in the first quarter where he was totally uncovered. A healthy Mike Daniels making the front more effective will make the defense work better, but he doesn't solve the communication problems (or the personnel problems) in the secondary.

The offense can't play at all against decent man coverage, the same problem they've had since the Kansas City game in 2011.

That being said, they'll still win the division.

The defense seemed to play better in the second half when King was on Julio. Losing Jordy and then Cobb was brutal for the offense with all of Marty's drops

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Q_res posted:

Oh, oh, I've seen this episode! The wheels fall off the wagon about 2/3 of the way through the season. Then we back into the playoffs and lose in embarrassing fashion in the Wildcard round.

for real, like, we all know this ends with the Packers winning the NFC North and the #1 or #2 seed. the only saving grace is they'll lose in some satisfying way in the playoffs.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

WHOOPS posted:

for real, like, we all know this ends with the Packers winning the NFC North and the #1 or #2 seed. the only saving grace is they'll lose in some satisfying way in the playoffs.

Yeah :sigh:

Still though, it's nice to dream.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/909789228413915136

I guess Bradford is having a "cartilage issue" and his return will be based on getting the swelling down.

Like, Sam Bradford injury narrative and all, I'm still genuinely perplexed at how he took shot after shot last year without issue and it's after the one game where he was barely touched that something flared up.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
Knees are weird like that.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to die to the Steelers.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

haha the Vikings are never going to win a Super Bowl. This is just something I've learned to accept in my life. We don't even suck enough to engender pity like the Browns. Just lovely in a boring way every year.

Gary Anderson can suck a fat one

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Stafford is looking worth every dollar right now. Not that I questioned it in the first place.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Greg Robinson.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Likes penalties?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

if the bears are going to blatantly tank by putting stretch armstrong out there every week, they should have just signed Orton.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hizawk posted:

Greg Robinson.

Makes me miss Stephen Peterman and Gosder Cherilus

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Parallelwoody posted:

Stafford is looking worth every dollar right now. Not that I questioned it in the first place.

Stafford playing great. I'm not even mad about that lost fumble after he got poked in the drat eye.

Defense looks real solid.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tree Dude posted:

Stafford playing great. I'm not even mad about that lost fumble after he got poked in the drat eye.

Defense looks real solid.

Against the Giants, who couldn't move the ball on a team that got lit up by Trevor Sieman.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
NFC North Status:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I'm super happy about the win, but Eli completed 22 of 32 passes even with the pick and several bad drops.

As much as I don't want it to happen, this defense is gonna get carved up by Matt Ryan.

• Locked thread