Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I hope they never add netflix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Scizor was my most wanted pokemon for Pokken but I'm not sure I'll get enough playtime out of Pokken DX to justify the cost.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DLC Inc posted:

don't know if anybody cares but personally, since I have the Switch dock and the WiiU in the bedroom, I can't wait to be free of the big bulky controller when I want to watch Netflix in there

https://twitter.com/GoNintendoTweet/status/909919973245558784

:oh:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I hope they never add netflix

How would this benefit you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is there a pokken preload?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ometeotl posted:

Scizor was my most wanted pokemon for Pokken but I'm not sure I'll get enough playtime out of Pokken DX to justify the cost.

Are all the cheers, stages, support Pokémon and characters unlocked by default? The thought of playing through the god awful and long single player to get all that poo poo would make me not want to rebuy it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I put a few hours into rabbids tonight. Game owns and is definitely gonna keep me occupied for a while

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m excited for it. I’ll make use of that kickstand more for Netflix than gaming.:v:

I guess this would be cool but I'm trying to think of when I'd use it. Docked? Yeah maybe. Portable? Smartphones and Tablets exist, and with vastly superior screens. :shrug:

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I guess this would be cool but I'm trying to think of when I'd use it. Docked? Yeah maybe. Portable? Smartphones and Tablets exist, and with vastly superior screens. :shrug:

A smart phone screen will be higher resolution but smaller. I'd rather use the Switch. (I also don't have a decent tablet.)

The idea of watching something on the TV and then being able to undock and keep watching virtually uninterrupted is appealing, too. Opening Netflix on my phone or another device and resuming is hardly an ordeal but the Switch would be easier and faster.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I played the Pokken demo and it seemed fun but people on reddit were saying single player is godawful and it's just not... great. I pre-ordered Xenoverse 2 instead (£55 download vs £33 Amazon physical, Nintendo you are INSANE)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Modus Pwnens posted:

The idea of watching something on the TV and then being able to undock and keep watching virtually uninterrupted is appealing, too.

Chrome cast does this

Spellman
May 31, 2011

True, scrap Netflix for switch, other devices can play videos

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real hurthling! posted:

Borrow one, dingus

I already did and got the Plat in a week, it's still not worth owning a console for just one game.

the truth posted:

Just buy a PS4 if you want it so much. You can also check out Horizon, The Last Of Us, and Uncharted.

I played through The Last of Us and all of the Uncharted titles and while they're really good I don't care to play them again, so buying a PS4 still isn't worth it. I also used to own one and sold it off because it quickly became a dust collector.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
This thread, every day:

Random poster: "I can't wait for the Switch to get [game/feature]!"

Some idiot: ":smug:You know that [game/feature] already exists on [device other person doesn't have], right?"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

s.i.r.e. posted:

I already did and got the Plat in a week, it's still not worth owning a console for just one game.

I played through The Last of Us and all of the Uncharted titles and while they're really good I don't care to play them again, so buying a PS4 still isn't worth it. I also used to own one and sold it off because it quickly became a dust collector.

Sound like you hate videogames :bustem:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mahoning posted:

This thread, every day:

Random poster: "I can't wait for the Switch to get [game/feature]!"

Some idiot: ":smug:You know that [game/feature] already exists on [device other person doesn't have], right?"

Actually... NOT true with Golf Story the coming Game of The Year!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle is live at Best Buy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Real hurthling! posted:

Sound like you hate videogames :bustem:

I hate having electronics that I don't use. The only console I've kept and will probably never let go of is my N64 and the games I have for it.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Is Golf Story fully brand new? For whatever reason, I was thinking it was an adaptation of something older.

I just assumed it was something like the Golf RPG or whatever it was a bunch of goons really loved on Gameboy?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/NinEverything/status/909977556283146240

Congrats on Switch being Vita 2

lmao I just looked at the Canadian bundle and it's more expensive to buy a Switch and the game in the bundle than it is to buy them separate wtf.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

MaxDuo posted:

Is Golf Story fully brand new? For whatever reason, I was thinking it was an adaptation of something older.

I just assumed it was something like the Golf RPG or whatever it was a bunch of goons really loved on Gameboy?

Fully new, and either be the 2nd coming of gaming or a poo poo tier little indie rpg with nothing but cute visuals. We will find out soon!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Policenaut posted:

lmao I just looked at the Canadian bundle and it's more expensive to buy a Switch and the game in the bundle than it is to buy them separate wtf.

It comes with a case too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Mahoning posted:

It comes with a case too.

Well alright then. You can get cases for $15 here so I guess it's just $5 more for a red case in all. At least it's a nice looking case.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

When can I preorder Gal*Gun 2????

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I want Netflix on Switch

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Netflix for Switch is good, means I can get rid of my PS3

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Golf Story deets (no release date still): http://nintendoeverything.com/new-golf-story-details/

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

goty locked, I'm glad to see it has a full golf hud, was extremely worried it would be "press a to swing" and nothing more.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Why do all the fake Netflix leaks use the old logo

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

KingSlime posted:

Itll be passable like another poster mentioned.

Just as important is the fact that you can use it docked and toss random tv whenever without having to switch device or input on the TV, move to another room etc

Always a solid option to have when you have company over or whatever

Who is watching switch Netflix in this example

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bowmore posted:

Netflix for Switch is good, means I can get rid of my PS3

Game consoles are the worst way to watch netflix

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
wow so i bought this to be my vita 2.0 but i find myself playing zelda docked

it's such a gorgeous game despite not having the best textures or highest resolution and I would rather eat it up on my big rear end screen vs tiny handheld mode

actually handheld mode is awesome too, but docked is glorious especially when roaming arond in a new area

this game is literally about climbing poo poo in the wilderness and referencing a map, god drat nintendo you shook up the formula in the best possible way

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

Who is watching switch Netflix in this example

me + guests, have you never had friends over?

sometimes you wanna play a round or two of a game, then your mate mentions a funny video so you switch over to youtube to check that poo poo out, or maybe you wanna pop on a show while you have a bowl with them

this is just one of a million scenarios where having the option is convenient

drat what's up with a bunch of bitch rear end posters getting pissy over an extra feature that has zero detriments to their switch experience? what makes you this way

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Keep Netflix off the Switch!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

lol

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

KingSlime posted:

me + guests, have you never had friends over?

sometimes you wanna play a round or two of a game, then your mate mentions a funny video so you switch over to youtube to check that poo poo out, or maybe you wanna pop on a show while you have a bowl with them

this is just one of a million scenarios where having the option is convenient

drat what's up with a bunch of bitch rear end posters getting pissy over an extra feature that has zero detriments to their switch experience? what makes you this way

Wow just a question don't have a cow man

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
typing out a few sentences on the internet is having a cow? lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Press the input button on your controller then press the Chromecast button on your phone where the video is queued up.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Press the input button on your controller then press the Chromecast button on your phone where the video is queued up.

yeah that is also definitely an option as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

a cow seems like it would just be a big inconvenience to have unless you've already got the full complement of ranching accoutrements + the wide open range

• Locked thread