Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i hope mueller skullfucks facebook

I don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, but, agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Orgasm Sanction posted:

I don't know what the gently caress you're talking about, but, agreed.

Facebook out of nowhere was like "oh by the way we took at least 100k of russian money for election ads driving people toward Trump/away from Clinton"

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

they gave their info to the fbi finally

they denied and stalled forever

they paid in rubles for fucks sake

edit: oh wait mueller got a search warrant and got the poo poo himself

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hopefully this kills Zuckernerd's nascent presidential campaign in the womb

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

proper nomenclature dude

fuckerberg

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

In a bit of local news there's this absolutely crazy footage of a shooting:

http://www.wisn.com/article/milwaukee-police-homicide-state-street/12261479

Just normal weekend things in my city...

you know, every now and then i get enticed by the cheap real estate in the kinda okay places like Bayview or the east side, and then i see poo poo like this

at least in Chicago, Mayor for Life has cordoned all that nonsense off to the southwest

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CommieGIR posted:

Meh, they are shifting heavily away from coal and into nuclear, solar, and wind, and its actually having a huge impact on their relationship with North Korea, who depend on coal sales to mainland China for income.

North Korean coal miner may just be the shittiest job in the world thinking about it.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

you know, every now and then i get enticed by the cheap real estate in the kinda okay places like Bayview or the east side, and then i see poo poo like this

at least in Chicago, Mayor for Life has cordoned all that nonsense off to the southwest

my friend in logan sqaure said there was a shooting there recently. its creeping out.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

What's the excuse people are trotting out this time, that the caller said the guy might be armed?

1) DID YOU KNOW A MAN CAN DRAW A KNIFE AND SHANK YOU WITHIN 20 FEET BEFORE YOU HAVE TIME TO DRAW YOUR FIRE ARM *police had firearms drawn, data on that is taken from sketchy police studies.*

2) " What the Hell are they protesting?? Yes police shot a student that had a knife and posed a threat. Listen to the police and you won't get shot. No reason to protest!" - an actual quote

3) Those police must have feared for their lives, they go into danger ever day.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

LOL there you are, thinking 2017 is special and not the new normal. How cute.

Zuckerberg 2024.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I swear do none of these cop cars have less lethal shotguns with beanbags in them anymore?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

I swear do none of these cop cars have less lethal shotguns with beanbags in them anymore?

Why are you trying to put cops in danger?????

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
From Time

quote:

Former Vice President Joe Biden is launching a new initiative to address issues facing American workers, ranging from education to health care to retirement.

Biden said Monday that the Biden Institute at the University of Delaware is seeking ways to “transform” the American educational system so that it reaches people early, provides ample opportunity in a way that’s affordable, and gives people a chance to train and retrain for future jobs.

Biden’s initiative will also look for solutions for groups that are most acutely impacted by changes to the job market, as well as protections for workplace benefits and civil rights.

“Our children and grandchildren deserve the promise we’ve had: the skills to get ahead, the chance to earn a paycheck, and a steady job that rewards hard work,” Biden wrote. “And here’s one thing I know for sure: it is within our power to provide the future they deserve.”

The former vice president and potential 2020 presidential contender is kicking off his new initiative by speaking to CEOs from across the country in Washington and hosting a panel discussion for leaders across business, labor, non-profit organizations, and government in Delaware.

Biden’s new effort comes amid a larger push by the Democratic Party to focus on the needs of American workers. Many observers have said that Democrats lost the 2016 election in part because they failed to adequately address middle class Americans’ economic worries. For their part, Democrats said in July that they were looking to spend the next several months crafting policies that would increase pay, reduce expenses, and “provide workers with the tools they need for the 21st-century economy.”

http://time.com/4946175/joe-biden-institute-workers-2020-president/

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

That old killer democratic policy: job retraining.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!

LingcodKilla posted:

There was that video a few months back in Baltimore I think with a cop getting the shotgun out of the trunk (what), burning off four rounds, and then throwing it into the street and peeking over their car off and on at the person in question dual wielding loving Hi Points on a bus.

Not sure if it was bean bag or buckshot but still I thought cruisers had long guns next to the driver, not tucked away in the trunk.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If we can't stop police shooting people, and we can't stop police getting military equipment, we should give them all 203s with the nonlethal Dildo of Doom rounds. Probably* won't kill anybody and the name is funny.

*probability not guaranteed**

**guarantee not guaranteed

There will probably be a lot of people with busted ribs though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They should just make shotgun rounds with little rubber dicks. Light powder, standard wad, bunch of little rubber 1" dick and balls. 00-dick shot.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Looks like Russia had an oopsie.

Google Translate works well enough on this site:
https://66.ru/news/incident/202950/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbBLdXX0pdk

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

mlmp08 posted:

That rocket plowed a 40 foot trench through compacted earth before detonating? That's a pretty dope rocket.

I guess that's because the rocket motor had just ignited before the thing hit the ground?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
It's difficult to tell from that video but looks like volley fire.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The Gizmodo article has a longer video with aftermath. It set two cars on fire and wrecked that area pretty good.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

LingcodKilla posted:

Never had them to begin with.

Different departments have different things.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Not sure if it was bean bag or buckshot but still I thought cruisers had long guns next to the driver, not tucked away in the trunk.

As with everything else in American policing, every agency is different.

In my department, shotguns may be stored up front, while rifles must be locked in the trunk of the car.

We also have beanbag shotguns, but they are only issued to sergeants, so the first responders to a hot call will never have them.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/deerhoof/status/909933024900345856

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Starving and hungry looking black guy and fat white cop. Yup, that's us.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

KildarX posted:

1) DID YOU KNOW A MAN CAN DRAW A KNIFE AND SHANK YOU WITHIN 20 FEET BEFORE YOU HAVE TIME TO DRAW YOUR FIRE ARM *police had firearms drawn, data on that is taken from sketchy police studies.*

2) " What the Hell are they protesting?? Yes police shot a student that had a knife and posed a threat. Listen to the police and you won't get shot. No reason to protest!" - an actual quote

3) Those police must have feared for their lives, they go into danger ever day.

I checked the reddit thread on this and it is predominantly saying "(((George Soros))) paid antifa protestors to malign the honor of the good police."

Really bizarre seeing hundreds of people openly claim this poo poo in public. What's happened to us?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

vains posted:

my friend in logan sqaure said there was a shooting there recently. its creeping out.

It's happened in Bucktown and Wicker Park recently in my brother's neighborhood.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Eh, speak for yourself. Bay View owns. I live on the east side here and have nothing bad to say about crime issues in my daily life; I'd drown myself before willingly living in a suburban hell like Brookfield.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

CommieGIR posted:

Starving and hungry looking black guy and fat white cop. Yup, that's us.

It would also explain how three/four cops with guns felt they had to shoot a lone person with a knife (unopened multitool)

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

"Malfunction in military equipment" lmao. Is the malfunction a pilot on krokodil?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Thalantos posted:

It would also explain how three/four cops with guns felt they had to shoot a lone person with a knife (unopened multitool)

it was a textbook suicide by cop, the they knew what they were doing. obviously they knew how to trigger the cops.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

it was a textbook suicide by cop, the they knew what they were doing. obviously they knew how to trigger the cops.

Stand around unarmed?

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Then how come the cops didn't recognize that, and act accordingly to, you know, NOT KILL SOMEONE OBVIOUSLY UNWELL?!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

psydude posted:

Stand around unarmed?

Stand around in general. The dangers that lurk below the waistband....

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
they lunged at a cop and left three suicide notes, anyone 100% intent on committing suicide by cop is familiar with escalation of force procedures and can act accordingly. they knew what they were doing would get them shot.
:thunk:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

they lunged at a cop and left three suicide notes
:thunk:

you realize there's video of the event very much showing that the guy did not lunge at the cops, right?

and, given that he was actually unarmed, his intent doesn't seem to matter much. police should be capable of assessing the actual threat and de-escalating the situation.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 19, 2017

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Nobody's arguing that he wasn't trying to get shot. He literally yelled "shoot me!"

The argument is that maybe cops should be smart enough to not shoot people that aren't actually threatening even if they're literally asking for it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

my kinda ape posted:

Nobody's arguing that he wasn't trying to get shot. He literally yelled "shoot me!"

The argument is that maybe cops should be smart enough to not shoot people that aren't actually threatening even if they're literally asking for it.

This is the best summation of the problem I've seen. This is the exact situation that tasers were invented to deal with in the first place.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'm just confused as to why they didn't just tase him.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The funny poo poo is those cops all had tasers. The dude wasn't moving quick they could have hit him with a taser and then cuffed him while he was twitching on the ground. Instead nope lets go to our service pistol and ice this dude

E: someone needs to make a "Tasers: What they do and when to use them" video and make it mandatory training for cops along with the other poo poo they sleep through, such as escalation of force.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

psydude posted:

I'm just confused as to why they didn't just tase him.

GATech police don't issue tazers to their officers last I heard.

• Locked thread