Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

"The Destroyer D.va patch, featuring Ana or some poo poo we dunno"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wishing the gun was just her arm, honestly. Though I have also been playing Metroid lately.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

banned from Starbucks posted:

Does nano stack with novas snipe cooldown talent?

Snipa sistas!

I was just thinking that.

150% faster means it reduces the CD to 40% of what it was, right? So 6s becomes 2.4s. And the Snipe talent reduces CD by 3s each time you hit someone with it. Which I guess would mean Snipe has no CD for 8 seconds as long as you are landing your shots?

edit: Nevermind, wouldn't work this way. It increases CD rate, not reduces CD. So it'd basically mean 1.2s CD.

Alpha Mayo fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 19, 2017

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Give me the Firebat already, Blizzard.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Hmm...

quote:

Reduced the number of Sand Blast hits required to unlock the Sand Blast echo from 80 to 60

Developer Comment: Only about 40% of Chromie players were unlocking the echo over the course of a game, and among players that did it was occurring later than we’d like. By reducing the requirements for completing Chromie’s quest, we won’t increase her late game power at all, but make her output a little more consistent.

Does the cloned sand blast count for your damage quest if it hits? If not, yeah true, but if they count then getting them earlier should accelerate your stacking.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

BrianBoitano posted:

Does the cloned sand blast count for your damage quest if it hits?

No. Neither do any additional hits you get with Piercing Sands.

Blizzard and everyone else seem loving obsessed with the worthless-rear end clone (I only ever took Past and Future Me when I was already stomping; Andorhal Anomaly and Pocket of Time were way better for games that weren't stomps) when the real issues are the significant loss of damage (you need 22 stacks to be on par with your pre-patch damage at level one) and loss of utility due to chaining being so loving important (you can't Q bushes to check them, you can't use it in lane idly/on mercs to proc Bronze Talons for waveclear, you can't fire "well maybe..." Qs into the fog to try and pick off a runner, you're honestly incentivized to not fire at backliners if it's not a sure thing when you can just hit a frontliner instead...

The whole remake sucks, other than them removing Reaching Through Time.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SirSamVimes posted:

Pretty sure that +50% attack damage/aspeed would have been just as overpowered. Imagine a chaingun Valla being basically indestructable due to a combination of lifesteal and damage resistance while pouring out insane amounts of damage. Or an Illidan, or a Butcher.

Nano Boost in Overwatch is 50% Armor/50% Damage, not attack speed - you're probably thinking of Stim Drone. Besides, you can already create "Suck [X]'s Dick Comp" where you pile up on supports and boost someone into Hyper Carry. The reason that this rarely happens is because if that Hyper Carry happens to get chain-stunned or bursted down or cocooned or Gorged or picked off in general, the whole composition falls apart.

Spudd posted:

So how badly did you get ownd? Come on tell the whole class.

I haven't even played the PTR yet, I haven't had the time. I just identified Nano Boost as a major problem as soon as it was revealed because it gives Spell Power and Cooldown Reduction, and the PTR feedback so far has done nothing but prove me right. I'm not sure if Blizzard forgot or just didn't realize, but the vast majority of attacking spells in this game are area of effect, meaning that it is way easier to boost a strong caster character into absurdity By Using This One Weird Trick That Kith Hates. Kael and Li Ming turn into murder machines. Medivh's damage output goes straight into the upper atmosphere, along with the ability to maintain 100% uptime on his Protection for eight seconds. If you thought Kel'thuzad spamming spells at 30 Blight was bad before, you wouldn't believe how bad it gets if he gets Nano Boosted too. Cho'Gall gets the full effect for each player, meaning that Cho is basically unkillable because he's making GBS threads fire and healing constantly and Gall turns into a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

I could keep going, but the bottom line is that Nano Boost giving such huge bonuses to casters is going to need a lot of fine-tuning. Sticking to the original design of 50 armor and 50% AA damage would not have caused nearly as many problems.

Edit:
it just keeps happening

Kith fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 5, 2018

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
I have a hard time imagining that the CDR on Nanoboost is going to last. The spell power is mostly fine, but CDR just makes many heroes broken. Especially short cooldown abilities which become near-spammable with it .

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
I know Rock 'n Roll Racing is everybody's most anticipated hero, but would a Rexxar reskin to one of the pilots, with Misha being the car, be acceptable?

Nobody actually plays Rexxar, so I'm assuming no.

Cuatal
Apr 17, 2007

:dukedog:
They just need to cut their losses and remove that ability.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Alpha Mayo posted:

I have a hard time imagining that the CDR on Nanoboost is going to last. The spell power is mostly fine, but CDR just makes many heroes broken. Especially short cooldown abilities which become near-spammable with it .
It's a 225% damage boost before you consider the utility abilities, while adrenaline boost is 75%, so I think it's safe to say something is going to change. :v:

I imagine the problem with it just being spellpower was that a lot of cooldowns are long enough there's a chance they might be useable only once or not at all while the buff is active, so I would guess it's just going to end up being a reduced amount of CDR and no spellpower, or possibly even a spellpower reduction if necessary.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 19, 2017

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Even if they did remove the cooldown reduction, Nano Boost empowers burst damage and therefore makes insta-deletion much easier. Stim Drone and Bloodlust don't have the same issue because AA is almost universally sustain rather than burst, meaning that the enemy team at least has time to react once you start dealing damage.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Blinds are also a much more common CC than silences which makes countering IAS easier

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Nanoboost Q build Raynor and stim Icewand Jaina to confuse your enemies, easy win

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Power Bottom posted:

Even if they did remove the cooldown reduction, Nano Boost empowers burst damage and therefore makes insta-deletion much easier. Stim Drone and Bloodlust don't have the same issue because AA is almost universally sustain rather than burst, meaning that the enemy team at least has time to react once you start dealing damage.

The enemy team has the same amount of time to react to someone getting nana-boosted as the nana-boosted player has to react to being nana-boosted.

Just draft Anub and cacoon away. Or Brightwing and polymorph, or Alarak and silence, Stukov and shove or swipe them off the screen, ect ect. Ana can only cleanse stuns OR roots and slows. There are viable counters, and enough that you couldn't draft or ban all of them.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Reacting to the ability being cast and reacting to damage being dealt are two very different situations; the former assumes you can see the enemy team and correctly deduce how they're going to attack you. You do not always have perfect knowledge of where the enemy team is or what they're doing, and for that matter, the majority of the Mages in Heroes have very powerful fire-and-forget abilities that can be used well outside of the range of any of the counters you described.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Would a nanoboosted Abathur work on his hat abilities?

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Dietrich posted:

The enemy team has the same amount of time to react to someone getting nana-boosted as the nana-boosted player has to react to being nana-boosted.

Just draft Anub and cacoon away. Or Brightwing and polymorph, or Alarak and silence, Stukov and shove or swipe them off the screen, ect ect. Ana can only cleanse stuns OR roots and slows. There are viable counters, and enough that you couldn't draft or ban all of them.

It's a nano-boost from Ana, your neighborhood nana.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Power Bottom posted:

Reacting to the ability being cast and reacting to damage being dealt are two very different situations; the former assumes you can see the enemy team and correctly deduce how they're going to attack you. You do not always have perfect knowledge of where the enemy team is or what they're doing, and for that matter, the majority of the Mages in Heroes have very powerful fire-and-forget abilities that can be used well outside of the range of any of the counters you described.

Nanoboosted Pyroblast with the level 20 radius upgrade :allears:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Kurieg posted:

Nanoboosted Pyroblast with the level 20 radius upgrade :allears:

If people are close enough to get hit by it, then going living bomb build with the infinite spread, range, and damage talents would be funnier.

You could detonate about 7 living bombs on one target during the nanoboost duration if you had the right talents.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If people are close enough to get hit by it, then going living bomb build with the infinite spread, range, and damage talents would be funnier.

You could detonate about 7 living bombs on one target during the nanoboost duration if you had the right talents.

Would the nanoboost increase the tick rate?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Kurieg posted:

Would the nanoboost increase the tick rate?

No, but you can use his trait to launch two right away, which would instantly detonate and spread, then the cooldown is decreased by nanoboost and allow you to detonate again. With master of flames, they would keep spreading infinitely if they were clumped up and you could trigger several detonations.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Alpha Mayo posted:

Would a nanoboosted Abathur work on his hat abilities?

Probably

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Power Bottom posted:

I'm not familiar with your use of the words fire-and-forget, because that generally means an attack that once launched will seek the target, and there's only 2 of those in the game, and one of them will barely tickle even with a 30% sp boost.

Long range skills in this game are skillshot based, and the 2 mages (plus stormfront jaina) that do have long enough range to wail on you from out of sight do get some value here, but neither of them have skills that are in anyway guaranteed to hit or that will one shot most heros with a 30% damage boost, and Jaina is only getting one extra blizzard out of a 150% cooldown boost for 8 seconds.

If you're talking about the hypothetical situation where the enemy team has your team locked down and stationary and a nana-boosted mage just wipes the floor with you from outside counterable range, I'll point out that there are a number of ults in the game that already provide this same outcome. Ana isn't changing the game all that much.

Yes, it's a very powerful ult, but I don't think the sky is falling here.

Batigh posted:

It's a nano-boost from Ana, your neighborhood nana.

nanaboost is what I always called it in overwatch, and it works on so many levels I don't see any reason to change.

Dietrich fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Sep 19, 2017

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
If the Anaboost worked on heroics like with the Genji videos, then it would be OP. But since that's not intended it shouldn't be nearly as oppressive. I still think Ana will be pick/ban for a while, just because the grenade is really good for shutting healing down/amplifying healing. I can see her and Morales being the dual support dream team, with their ults doing wonders for a Valla or other carry that has both auto attacks and good abilities.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dietrich posted:

I'm not familiar with your use of the words fire-and-forget
I've always heard it used in the terms that an ability that cannot be interrupted (aka has an instant cast time) and, once cast, cannot be prevented from activation. In this way, it refers to how the player activates the ability - if it's fire and forget, you only need to press the button or otherwise activate the ability and it'll go off without any further interaction. For examples, Kael's Flamestrike counts, Chromie's Sand Blast does not, Diablo's Apocalypse counts, Lightning Breath does not, ect.

quote:

because that generally means an attack that once launched will seek the target, and there's only 2 of those in the game, and one of them will barely tickle even with a 30% sp boost.
Not trying to nitpick or anything, but that's just "homing" to me.

quote:

Long range skills in this game are skillshot based, and the 2 mages (plus stormfront jaina) that do have long enough range to wail on you from out of sight do get some value here, but neither of them have skills that are in anyway guaranteed to hit or that will one shot most heros with a 30% damage boost, and Jaina is only getting one extra blizzard out of a 150% cooldown boost for 8 seconds.
Of course they're not guaranteed to hit, but the heroes in question would be pretty weak if too many of their skillshots were too difficult to land reliably. It's not even the one-shotting that's the problem, it's just improving an already powerful tactic of overwhelming firepower. You're right that it's unlikely to lead to any form of one-shotting, but it already sucks hard enough to lose a third of your health because you got nailed by Flamestrike or an Arcane Orb, so I'm not really happy about the prospect of it being half of my health instead.

quote:

If you're talking about the hypothetical situation where the enemy team has your team locked down and stationary and a nana-boosted mage just wipes the floor with you from outside counterable range, I'll point out that there are a number of ults in the game that already provide this same outcome. Ana isn't changing the game all that much.
Have you never seen a gank before, or seen a Mercenary Camp invaded? Nine times out of ten, those fights are won by the side who can deal the most damage the fastest - something that nanaboost happens to support pretty hard considering that the hardest hitting attacks in this game are ability damage, burst oriented, and area of effect.

quote:

Yes, it's a very powerful ult, but I don't think the sky is falling here.
It's not "ruined the game" tier problematic, no. After all, you can just... ban Ana. But it empowers characters that already had a variety of advantages in their core designs over fighty/shooty assassins - something that isn't really that necessary. Pretty much all of the caster characters were balanced without HOTS!nanaboost hitting the scene, and I'm not eager to return to the days of seeing Kael, Jaina, or Li Ming in literally every match.

quote:

nanaboost is what I always called it in overwatch, and it works on so many levels I don't see any reason to change.
also i'm stealing this term because it owns

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Nano boost is getting heavily nerfed one way or another, I just hope they do it before she hits live because I really enjoy playing her.
Sleep dart is also insanely good. The hero is just so loving strong right now, especially if you have vocal com with your teammates.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

What's the window for gaining stealth as Tyrande when Shadowstalking after taking damage? It seems like I can't ever use it as an escape, even from pure AA damage (e.g. not periodic or AOE spell that hits right after)

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

I want to mention right now that Tyrande is a piece of poo poo and I hate her so much she ruins my tank dreams

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

So apparently Tyrande's quest maxes out? I got a quest complete thing at around 80 hits, maybe it kept going up wasn't paying too much attention to it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

appropriatemetaphor posted:

So apparently Tyrande's quest maxes out? I got a quest complete thing at around 80 hits, maybe it kept going up wasn't paying too much attention to it.

Owl quest goes up forever, at least for now.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

wiegieman posted:

Owl quest goes up forever, at least for now.

Ah k, for some reason you get a "quest complete!" notification on it.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Ah k, for some reason you get a "quest complete!" notification on it.

That's for the mana reduction and number of pierces quest, which you get even if you choose the boring level 1 talents.

The damage quest tops off at 1337 stacks :v:

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

Proof that Overwatch Heroes ruin everything that isn't in their universe.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Today, I was a nanaboosted Murky.

I got myself a quad kill by making GBS threads on people.

Nanaboost just isn't loving fair, man - regardless of if it works for Heroics or not.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Power Bottom posted:

Nanaboost just isn't loving fair, man - regardless of if it works for Heroics or not.

A nanoboosted Murky making inky sounds absolutely amazing and I hope I get to be that fish

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Power Bottom posted:

A lot of the good parts about Ana are things that I bet are going to be significantly nerfed at some point - Nanoboost, -SP basic attack talent, heal nullify grenade

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
What are people's thoughts on ETC? I enjoy playing as him and mosh pit is an extremely fun ult, he just doesn't seem to hang with some of the other tanks though. It makes me hesitant to play him in ranked. Power-slide is a good stun, face-melt can peel effectively. The real issue though is his tank status seems to come from the fact that he supports the team well, but from a base-line he's not that tanky. With how strong cc is in this game, I find that he tends to get melted against decent teams.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Think of him as Diablo but a little less ganky (still very ganky) and a little more tanky. You Q into that out of position guy and then your team blows him the gently caress up.

You Q into an enemy team while your team sits and and twiddles their thumbs and you're definitely gonna die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

PantsBandit posted:

What are people's thoughts on ETC? I enjoy playing as him and mosh pit is an extremely fun ult, he just doesn't seem to hang with some of the other tanks though. It makes me hesitant to play him in ranked. Power-slide is a good stun, face-melt can peel effectively. The real issue though is his tank status seems to come from the fact that he supports the team well, but from a base-line he's not that tanky. With how strong cc is in this game, I find that he tends to get melted against decent teams.

I don't play him a lot, but ETC is regarded as the best overall tank in the game now. This is primarily due to his utility (especially with stuff like Prog Rock) and ability to peel and initiate. His heroics are both extremely good and can completely change how he is played, either as someone looking for the perfect moment to initiate for a battle/game deciding mosh or the ability to split push and XP soak and still show up for battles anywhere with stage dive.

You might try a build such as this https://heroeshearth.com/builds/mcintyre/mcintyres-competitive-etc-build/