Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

WirelessPillow posted:

it might be bad but its also fun to use, especially with a grip and extended mag.

If you're not hipfiring it while talking like a gangster you need to reexamine your priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Hackan Slash posted:

If you're not hipfiring it while talking like a gangster you need to reexamine your priorities.

I do this except with the AWM.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Banning Shroud because he streamed a gimmick sidekick who wouldn't attack or harm anyone is pretty dumb.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Lladre posted:

Banning Shroud because he streamed a gimmick sidekick who wouldn't attack or harm anyone is pretty dumb.

Even Shroud admits he should have been banned. It was silly and could be excused if they didn't ban him but given that he's the most popular PUBG streamer on Twitch and gets 40k viewers during his streams, it was a good message to send that teaming just isn't tolerated even for "the lulz"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

First win with the mini14 - spent the game swapping back and forth between an 8x and a 4x scope and, yeah, this is gonna need a nerf haha

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

aniviron posted:

Extended mag is only 50rds, you will probably need a reload or two to finish a car. It's also got one of the lowest bullet velocities in the game, so you're not going to hit a moving car reliably with it unless you are about to get run over.

I meant an enemy car. Either very close by or stopped at a toll booth.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Good soup! posted:

First win with the mini14 - spent the game swapping back and forth between an 8x and a 4x scope and, yeah, this is gonna need a nerf haha

Yo gonna need a hot weiner tweet.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

only if you beat me on the battlefield :wink:

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

dvorak posted:

I'll post a video of it next time. It seems like there's an issue rendering the crosshair texture.

yuck thats really annoying

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Mini 14 was ridiculously overpowered when I had no feel for the recoil and bullet speed/trajectory. Now that I've got a feel for it, killing running and even juking guys at 400+ yards is trivial. This is so broken. I mean I like how deadly it is and I think they should make most of the guns deadlier, but this thing is so far beyond the rest.

E: tommy gun is great now, too. RIP AKM. UMP and UZI still good

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

No Safe Word posted:

Even Shroud admits he should have been banned. It was silly and could be excused if they didn't ban him but given that he's the most popular PUBG streamer on Twitch and gets 40k viewers during his streams, it was a good message to send that teaming just isn't tolerated even for "the lulz"

If I get banned for taking pity on someone and trading a revolver for their pants then I'll be upset.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Anti-cheating should be a priority over fog zones imo. Cheating getting more prevalent

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
dont they just use punkbuster so i dont think they even do anything at all for anti cheat, like in terms of in house anti-cheat

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
my first ever video that I bothered to piece together from the shadowplay highlights. Unfortunately, I wasn't recording the entire thing so there's a cut which misses some action where I shot at people, but didn't kill any. Would have been more successful if we weren't missing first aid the entire time

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175849634

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm worried less about the obvious cheaters who run at warp speed and instant headshot anything that pops into view distance, more worried about the cheaters who know how to keep it on the downlow and not too obvious.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

dont they just use punkbuster so i dont think they even do anything at all for anti cheat, like in terms of in house anti-cheat

Yeah they use BattlEye.

Also saying anti-cheat should be a priority over fog is about as useful as the people on Reddit complaining that they were working on animations instead of <thing I want them to do>. Developers can do multiple things at once. And people who add fog to a map aren't necessarily going to have any idea how to implement anti-cheat (even if it was done in-house)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Beaglerush- Australian shitposter who has a ton of videos of crazy poo poo from ARMA, XCOM and now PUBG. He jumped on the streaming bandwagon hard to the detriment of his other tactical videos. Made up for by the fact he is really loving good at PUBG.

His greatest work is probably when he had a custom server, with which he hosted Pistols in Pochinki, Melee only (ie. Chivalry Unknown) zombie mode, and one that I want coded in as an option for squads- Mad Max. Increased vehicle and gun spawns, and you can only shoot from a vehicle. The final circle was pure chaos.

Action starts around 2h55m- https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163242421

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

dc3k posted:

Yeah they use BattlEye.

Also saying anti-cheat should be a priority over fog is about as useful as the people on Reddit complaining that they were working on animations instead of <thing I want them to do>. Developers can do multiple things at once. And people who add fog to a map aren't necessarily going to have any idea how to implement anti-cheat (even if it was done in-house)

Fog you bich

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Other
You may no longer modify ini files to set a key bind for multiple actions on the same key

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/2888353806322845017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Oh man, LOL if you're watching any other than JScubby at this point. Have you seen those biceps?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

dc3k posted:

Yeah they use BattlEye.

And let me tell you, BattlEye has really done a great job keeping the cheaters at bay in Arma. :j:

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pro-tip: If you see someone go to spawn island, and decide to follow them and camp their boat, it's a good idea to loot some meds before you start camping so you don't die to the blue while you wait.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

aniviron posted:

And let me tell you, BattlEye has really done a great job keeping the cheaters at bay in Arma. :j:

Yeah I assume it's garbage, but probably less garbage than if Bluehole tried to roll their own.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think the same system was used in R6: Siege, and that did a terrible job.

Well, I have more important things to worry about, like not running into things at mach 74 on a motorcycle and exploding

Had my map open and ran into a UAZ I didn't see

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

The option to not have it render your character when you open your inventory is cool, but whatever marginal increase in performance that gives me is ruined by whatever secret settings they enabled along with the rest of the patch. I can consistently get a ~1 second long freeze/stutter every time I open my map or inventory now, sometimes it's as long as 5 seconds if there's a big city or a red zone in front of me.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

quote:

Players,

Today we look at what we have changed in our 26th weekly patch.

This patch will be deployed to the Test Servers on September 19th KST, and to the Live Servers if everything is stable.

Early Access – Week 26 – Patch Notes

UI/UX
Added the following feature to the Map Help section on the World Map: Marking your character's current position (Default key set to Insert)

Other
You may no longer modify ini files to set a key bind for multiple actions on the same key

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug that enabled angled foregrip to attach to Tommy Gun
Fixed a graphic bug regarding building locations
Fixed an animation bug that appeared when a character used healing or boosting items in the driver's seat
Fixed a bug that did not cancel a player's reload if the character was knocked out during the reload
Fixed a bug where an uncooked grenade could explode if a character was knocked out while holding it
Fixed a graphic bug that would cause a black box texture to appear while scoped when Anti-Aliasing was set to Low or Very Low in the Settings

Tommy gun thing makes sense I guess, but I thought it was by design. Everything else looks very good.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

its september 2017 and we still have the red zone which was turned off for esports because even the devs arent sure why its there

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

tote up a bags posted:

its september 2017 and we still have the red zone which was turned off for esports because even the devs arent sure why its there

Hilariously enough, it was also disabled in Arma 3 BR for what seems like the majority of the time. It's kind of a worthless mechanics in PUBG, at least in Arma it would destroy buildings and change the actual landscape.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
It's a good way to ID chickenshits on your team who cower in buildings while you live free and dangerously

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What is it with game devs not making obvious quality-of-life improvements that would take 5 minutes to implement? My guess is it's there way of saying "this is OUR game, not yours, and we will do work on things WE choose."

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

qkkl posted:

What is it with game devs not making obvious quality-of-life improvements that would take 5 minutes to implement? My guess is it's there way of saying "this is OUR game, not yours, and we will do work on things WE choose."

Honest answer? You'll find books worth of patchnotes where a 5-minute change is fixed again and again and again because games are complicated things and adding an option to change your marker color could mean every helmet is replaced with a gas can.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Got a 16 skill squad win tonight, placing me in the top 500. Half of my squad died early, valiantly defending Pochinki from foreign invaders. The final showdown was me against an AWMer who also had a level 3 helmet. At first, I'd get a few few kills here and there, but once I got a Mini-14 with an 8x, I started going to town. Most of my comms were just me yelling "THIS ISNT EVEN FAIR" and "THIS IS SO STUPID" at my teammates as I killed everyone around me. They need to nerf this drat thing, I didn't even have a compensator or an extended mag.

Also, it's extremely ridiculous that they are going to try to stop double key binding in a world where everyone and their mother has a macro button keyboard and AutoHotKey exist. I, unfortunately, don't have one or know how to use AHK, but I imagine I'll just be able to make my .ini read-only.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

qkkl posted:

I would assume it has more to do with the "easy" fix not being nearly as easy or straightforward as you think it is and they have other more important things to do first, rather than that they're petulant man-children throwing a temper tantrum like you assume here (and like most of the vocal fan base of any video game).

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

qkkl posted:

go post a really long self important essay on reddit; they'll notice you then

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

quote:

Fixed a graphic bug that would cause a black box texture to appear while scoped when Anti-Aliasing was set to Low or Very Low in the Settings

loving thankyou, that thing was driving me insane.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Willfrey posted:

It's a good way to ID chickenshits on your team who cower in buildings while you live free and dangerously

But then how else will you get that orgasmic feeling of validation when someone dies 1/250 red zones you're in?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I've stopped calling out targets for my team if I have the Mini-14 because it's easier to just shoot them all. I held off 3 team all trying to cross the same road in turn to get into the second to last zone yesterday. Finished that dinner with 11 kills after sitting on 2 up until that point.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Nobody likes the red zone, which I get in its current iteration. I don't think it needs to be removed entirely though. If the goal of the red is force players out of a spot on the map, a few tweaks would accomplish that.

The biggest reason the red doesn't achieve its goal is that it isn't threatening enough. Players simply don't respect it, and they don't need to either. Then when they do manage to die in the red, it feels bad because it's like rolling a 1 on a d20. There's an expectation that you'll survive through the red, and when you don't, it sucks. Very RNG.

Instead, the likelihood of dying while in the red should be ramped up considerably. Over the course of a red, it could do damage to 95% (or whatever) of the terrain. If you're outside during the red, you're almost certainly going to die. Increase the damage it does to houses too, so that hiding will probably, but not necessarily, keep you alive, but you'll need to heal. Now when the red appears players are going to know to get the hell out of dodge, because living through the red will be considered remarkably lucky.

You could offset all of that by giving the red a longer ramp up time so people can move, and probably toss in some additional warning sounds (e.g. air raid siren, distinct plane sound) that let the people in the red know they're the target.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Red zone needs either beefed way the gently caress up or removed, there's whole videos out there of people actively seeking to die in red zone and it being too weak to hit them. As it is you can safely walk straight through one if you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's random and unlikely, that is what makes it funny interesting

• Locked thread