Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Try and guess what the Bripe is based on the name. Go on, guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Try and guess what the Bripe is based on the name. Go on, guess.

I don't understand what the point of the pipe part is. There's no mention at all of how it being a pipe helps it do anything??

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

LordNagash posted:

I don't understand what the point of the pipe part is. There's no mention at all of how it being a pipe helps it do anything??

BRIPE

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

It appears you suck the coffee through the pipe once it's done. I think.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It's actually genius because instead of taking a pot camping so you can make coffee for everyone you can just make one for yourself like a loving rear end in a top hat.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There has to be some way they can combine BRIPE with vape technology? Maybe as some sort of vape add-on, kind of like how the original Gameboy had all those add-ons?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Bripe your hame then plape it on the tane.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There has to be some way they can combine BRIPE with vape technology? Maybe as some sort of vape add-on, kind of like how the original Gameboy had all those add-ons?

SMILE! You're on Bripe cam-era!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Tsietisin posted:

It appears you suck the coffee through the pipe once it's done. I think.

So its this for hipsters?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Dienes posted:

No, it holds way less than that.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dienes posted:

Make it copper and write some marketing copy about how it enhances the taste of alcohol due to :techno: and you could totally get rich upselling that to beer snobs and the whiskey stones crowd.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

LordNagash posted:

It makes it impossible to wash! That's a feature, right?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

tooterfish posted:

It's actually genius because instead of taking a pot camping so you can make coffee for everyone you can just make one for yourself like a loving rear end in a top hat.

You get to drink the grinds too. Yum!

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Evil Fluffy posted:

You get to drink the grinds too. Yum!

Sadly they actually thought of that and have filters for it.

It still looks stupid. And if you want one they're only $85 plus shipping now.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
Seriously, I can't get over this. Why is it a pipe?! Can you use it as a pipe and smoke out of it? Because if there's one thing I'd definitely love it's tobacco residue flavoured coffee, and if there's a thing I love second most it's coffee ground flavoured tobacco!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ceci n'est pas une bripe.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

At first I thought it was some mechanism for heating the coffee that is activated by blowing into it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

This is the most pretentious poo poo and makes me mad.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Michaellaneous posted:

This is the most pretentious poo poo and makes me mad.

So a pot only big enough for a single cup of coffee. This actually seems really clumsy.

Deadly Ham Sandwich has a new favorite as of 02:45 on Sep 18, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think people have been brewing coffee without electricity for like a good while.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

So a pot only big enough for a single cup of coffee. This actually seems really clumsy.

Lone wolf coffee. For when you are being ruggedly individualistic in the wilderness.

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
The (im)Practical Lock:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1776459158/the-practical-safety-lock-project?ref=category_newest

Watch the high production value, professionally acted video!

Imagine you're in a hotel. You put your Practical Lock on the door and go to sleep. Middle of the night, you are awakened by the fire alarm. Half asleep, confused by the strange surroundings, possibly choking on the toxic smoke and fumes from an actual fire, you find you cannot open the door to get out because you have defeated the Fire Code compliant deadbolt and locked yourself in the room. And rescuers can't get in to save your passed-out rear end.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
If you're doing camps and you don't want to just put a coffee thing over the fire like a normal person, jetboil is rad. Coffee in like 30 seconds.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CollegeCop posted:

The (im)Practical Lock:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1776459158/the-practical-safety-lock-project?ref=category_newest

Imagine you're in a hotel. You put your Practical Lock on the door and go to sleep. Middle of the night, you are awakened by the fire alarm. Half asleep, confused by the strange surroundings, possibly choking on the toxic smoke and fumes from an actual fire, you find you cannot open the door to get out because you have defeated the Fire Code compliant deadbolt and locked yourself in the room. And rescuers can't get in to save your passed-out rear end.

There are tonnes of these already on the market.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Are there countries where that's more of a thing? I have never seen one.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

CollegeCop posted:

The (im)Practical Lock:

I'm secretly terrified that that's what my own voice sounds like.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Prop Wash posted:

I doubt it.

I think they’re just a dumb SkyMall/Sharper Image thing.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CollegeCop posted:

The (im)Practical Lock:

In the event of a fire a trained professional with a hundred pounds worth of gear is going to shoulder the door, break the thing and hate your stupid rear end imo

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Why not just use your hotels provided deadbolt?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

yoloer420 posted:

No bluetooth.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

yoloer420 posted:

A deep distaste for building codes that will one day lead to your death.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Or a fear of shady hotel workers? I know a lot of touring actors/techs and they get stuck in some awful places sometimes.

Forward Toward
Aug 14, 2015

No Tank You. not today tanks. Tank you very much.

TANK TANK TANK

VRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Prop Wash posted:

Yeah, for travelling in less developed countries, especially where the locals are keen to impress themselves on you or steal your poo poo (and there isn't always a lock..)

CollegeCop
Jul 11, 2005

You're right. I'm not a real cop. Those are imaginary handcuffs. And in a minute, we'll be going to the make-believe jail.
A super suit! With swords! That are tasers! And, uh, kevlar, I guess!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/270046167/super-hero-suit-with-retractable-taser-swords-and?ref=category_newest

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

super hero suit with retractable taser swords and Kevlar posted:

there are few risks besides electric shock

:raise:

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

An eBook reader dedicated to only one series:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/196861017/fist-of-the-north-star-innovative-ebook

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

It seems they've forgotten this exists and works very well, even over an open fire.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Afriscipio posted:

It seems they've forgotten this exists and works very well, even over an open fire.

They hope their backers have forgotten that.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Afriscipio posted:

it's not in pipe format though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

it's not in pipe format though

Ceci n'est pas un Kickstarter.