Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

This is the dumbest loving take.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

From the Idiots on Social Media thread:

Your Honor, as Exhibit A in my defense I present this stack of Ben Garrison cartoons.

Judge: Not An Argument!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Selachian posted:

Trump retweeted a gif of himself hitting Hillary Clinton with a golf ball.

That impact is some nice animation

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Been noticing this not-so-subtle trick by conservatives to always display the USA/NK relations as between Uncle Sam and Kim instead of Trump, who is a giant contributor to anxiety over nuclear war.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Fun fact: Garrison has violated Furie's copyright multiple times by being paid money to include Pepe in commissioned comics. If Furie wanted to he could sue for all the money Garrison made of any comic that was commissioned using Pepe

I find it ~astounding~ that avowed libertarian Garrison would do this. To a libertarian, nothing is more sacred than private property rights, and he has himslef been vigorous in prosecuting those that would deign steal his own beloved characters and art. Surely this paragon of virtues would not draw an entire cartoon belittling a fellow cartoonists struggles to reclaim his property from those who misuse it? Surely not!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Erenthal posted:

I find it ~astounding~ that avowed libertarian Garrison would do this. To a libertarian, nothing is more sacred than private property rights, and he has himslef been vigorous in prosecuting those that would deign steal his own beloved characters and art. Surely this paragon of virtues would not draw an entire cartoon belittling a fellow cartoonists struggles to reclaim his property from those who misuse it? Surely not!

A strong man takes.

Consistency is not his strong suit.

(Posted here for the people who don't read Twitter embeds.)

Prism fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 19, 2017

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Branco is a colossal loving racist and it is just and good to wish that he wasn't part of our shared existence.

But before he dies I hope he loses both of his hands in some sort of ironic punishment. Perhaps smashed in a freak easel accident or something.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Is Ira[q] pushing Kurdistan off the cliff or holding on to it so it doesn't jump off the cliff?
Phew, I'm glad "politics" is labeled here, otherwise I wouldn't have known what the elephant and donkey were disagreeing about.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Neodoomium posted:

Branco is a colossal loving racist and it is just and good to wish that he wasn't part of our shared existence.

But before he dies I hope he loses both of his hands in some sort of ironic punishment. Perhaps smashed in a freak easel accident or something.

Branco: Level with me Doc, can I continue my career as a political cartoonist?
Doctor: Mr Branco, in your current state you simply cannot draw anything beyond the scribblings of a particularly dull child.
Branco: So..... yes?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"particularly dull child" got a good laugh from me

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Matt Furie is going to destroy every single one of these turds in court and it’ll be glorious.:feelsgood:

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

Erenthal posted:

To a libertarian, nothing is more sacred than private property rights, and he has himslef been vigorous in prosecuting those that would deign steal his own beloved characters and art.
The usual libertarian take on private property is that only applies to tangible objects. It's only bad if someone steals a physical piece of art. If someone duplicates your artwork and profits off of your idea without compensating you, tough titties. In Garrison's case, it's libertarianism for me, but not for thee.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In Birther Chief.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Branco: Level with me Doc, can I continue my career as a political cartoonist?
Doctor: Mr Branco, in your current state you simply cannot draw anything beyond the scribblings of a particularly dull child.
Branco: So..... yes?

So a clear improvement from his current slop.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Funny how conservatives feel the need to repeat this fact over and over, almost like there are latent problems with the legitimacy of their Strong Daddy's presidency.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Neodoomium posted:

I don't see how that could happen, it's not like he has anything dangerous with him when he's drawing...

Oh. Well, if it's holstered...

Them's some art supplies.
:stonkhat:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I would have just gone with the girl saying "DEBT", it would be just as insightful.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

for the reference alone, i award a solid "that's what you burned that reference on!?"

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Image with wo rds.

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/909176635303264256

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

After The War posted:

I don't see how that could happen, it's not like he has anything dangerous with him when he's drawing...

I can pretty much guarantee you he actually straps on a gun before sitting down to squeeze out a comic to play to his big strong man fantasy. Branco comes off that insecure

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

After The War posted:

Why is he drawing on the table rather than on the paper?

Or perhaps he's just trying to scratch his neck with his pencil? The perspective makes it hard to tell.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Those sure are some shadows.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

FFT posted:

for the reference alone, i award a solid "that's what you burned that reference on!?"

He's a political cartoonist, that is his nature.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

RE: that one tweet about Ramirez and DEBT doing the rounds rn

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are no good barbers near my office

This blows

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Hydronium posted:

From the Idiots on Social Media thread:

Your Honor, as Exhibit A in my defense I present this stack of Ben Garrison cartoons.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Why is Bashar al-Assad walking along that famous symbol, the North Korean ox?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I can pretty much guarantee you he actually straps on a gun before sitting down to squeeze out a comic to play to his big strong man fantasy. Branco comes off that insecure

I can second this. These :freep: gun nutters wear their guns around the house "just in case". It is not uncommon to see dudes like Branco doing normal things like grilling, mowing the lawn, and even grocery shopping with their gun on their hip. Paranoid doesn't begin to describe what is wrong with these loonies.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 19, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

SwitchbladeKult posted:

I can second this. These :freep: gun nutters wear their guns around the house "just in case". It is not uncommon to see dudes like Branco doing normal things like grilling, mowing the lawn, and even grocery shopping with their gun on their hip. Paranoid doesn't begin to describe what is wrong with these loonies.

The fact that he has an AR-15 in the second panel makes me imagine him as a dude that goes full tilt militiaman every time he leaves his basement/bunker

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

tom_&_jerry_line_of_action_tutorial.jpg, jesus christ

I know Branco is always bad at drawing, but still, c'mon

it looks like MS MEDIA is snatching a hammer away from the Trump statue and then kind of just spontaneously combusting for no reason

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

The usual libertarian take on private property is that only applies to tangible objects. It's only bad if someone steals a physical piece of art. If someone duplicates your artwork and profits off of your idea without compensating you, tough titties. In Garrison's case, it's libertarianism for me, but not for thee.

I would say libertarians are divided re:IP. I believe there are both pro-IP and anti-IP major figures at the Cato Institute, for example. In general, views on IP issues don't really seem to map predictably to general political affiliations, perhaps because few major politicians make a big issue of them.

This doesn't remotely excuse Garrison's hypocrisy, of course.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I never really got stuff like this about low ratings for the Emmys/Oscars etc because isn't 'low' still like 30 million people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

That's an incredibly bad metaphor.

• Locked thread