Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

You need help, Yobgoblin.

Dw dude I'm workin on that poo poo like nobodys biz

because that is what is now.

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Evil Eagle posted:

yob could have taken it all had he not purposefully scalded himself

winning isn't the only thing that matters. having fun is more valuable to me

e: that and not getting a stroke

Yobgoblin fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 19, 2017

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

But seriously I'm not mad

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Liquid Drink posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Liquid Drink posted:

at&t, 9:10pm and 12% battery? i hope your ready for the burn unit

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

at&t, 9:10pm and 12% battery? i hope your ready for the burn unit

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Are all the invitationals fighting games please? Because I had some tournament ideas and if this is just fighting games I could make another thread

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Let's have a Puyo vs 2 tournament

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
A while back on another forum I ran a tournament [not with a proper bracket] where every round was a different game that was either abandonware or freeware or just that everyone still in the tournament owned... it'd be fun to do that here I think.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

A while back on another forum I ran a tournament [not with a proper bracket] where every round was a different game that was either abandonware or freeware or just that everyone still in the tournament owned... it'd be fun to do that here I think.

that does sound really fun

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

that does sound really fun

The only rounds I remember were seeding the brackets with a ROM CHECK FAIL high score challenge and one of the rounds near the end being a speedrun of a Doom level and one of the other rounds was wave race for the game boy which everyone in the tourney hated which pissed me off

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Let's have a Puyo vs 2 tournament

This.

I'd say Tetris too but I know there are some absolute monsters on this forum.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah actually they will posted:

tht sounds insanely dope

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'd be down. Do you just need to have a bunch of emulators installed or would it all be pc games.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Nitro Plus Blasterz needs an imp tourney someday

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

windjammers / street hoop tourney please

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

windjammers is on FC and can easily be done. NPB is my favorite B tier fighter ever but people would actually have to buy it on steam to do a tourney and thats a bigger ask than this feature warrants.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Windjammers is rear end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its pretty fun...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Its pretty fun...

Yes. For like 30 minutes at a time so a tourney would be perfect

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

windjammers is on FC and can easily be done. NPB is my favorite B tier fighter ever but people would actually have to buy it on steam to do a tourney and thats a bigger ask than this feature warrants.

Just run the tourney and whoever doesn't buy NPB has to play their matches in KoF2000.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking the next game is going to be XMen VS Street Fighter bc of how bad MVCI is.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Thinking the next game is going to be XMen VS Street Fighter bc of how bad MVCI is.

Wow wtf. What did we ALL buy mvci for???

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Is Akuma legal in this one?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

He's considered bottom tier apparently.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol weird....challonge has scrubbed all mentions of X Men from their search + game finder. I wonder if Disney owns them from some 5 degrees.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SIgn up page is live http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/jG4Edwqagz X Men vs SF! October 1st 9PM Est!

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Pulling off unbreakable infinite combos is illegal is gently caress btw. Don't forget to train.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If somebody here actually did a true Infinite and didn't manage to drop it I would just show them respect and let them win

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Somebody had better stop Cyclops from winning I don't care how much cheese it takes.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

If somebody here actually did a true Infinite and didn't manage to drop it I would just show them respect and let them win

I respect those who choose not to abuse it.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

No one has really signed up so it doesn't matter anyway.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Yobgoblin posted:

Nobody gives a gently caress what you think. Shut the gently caress up v

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Kongming posted:

No one has really signed up so it doesn't matter anyway.

we have plenty of time. perhaps we can have another game as a prize for the winner.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Yobgoblin posted:

Please shut up

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yobgoblin posted:

we have plenty of time. perhaps we can have another game as a prize for the winner.

You provide the game if you want there to be a game so much dude.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoever wins I'll email them a digital copy of the X-men VS Street Fighter arcade ROM along with a .txt file of my digital signature.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

In Training posted:

Whoever wins I'll email them a digital copy of the X-men VS Street Fighter arcade ROM along with a .txt file of my digital signature.

Just signed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
That ROM WILL BE MINE

• Locked thread