Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF 10 has been on there for ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sefal posted:

Finally, the best final fantasy is on the PS4
yeah I'm pretty excited about dissidia too

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Microsoft Allegiance is dropping on Steam on the 29th. Whaa.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/700480/Microsoft_Allegiance/

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man FF9 sure has some dumb Trophies.

Hope you guys like Tetra Master and Jump Rope.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That is a pretty brutal list, wow

I never tried to get Excalibur II before (idk if it was even possible in the pal version)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah it's mad completetionist and requires at least two playthroughs and IIRC some of those Trophies are for missables, not even counting Excalibur II.

Especially brutal too coming off of FF12 and FF15 where you didn't even have to complete all of the content in the game for Platinum.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
It was possible. but the pal version could not do a 100% excalibur 2 run. Which is its own insanity really.
But yeah Jump Rope 1000 times is gonna be rough.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In Training posted:

Tekken has its Treasure Mode where you can wallop really dumb bots and they shower you with new outfits and customization options

Tekken Force mode would be fun :allears:

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I wonder how many Shepards were aborted in the womb immediately after the heroic face reveal in the opening moments of the game when the camera swivels around to show the hideous monster you spent the last 30 minutes creating.

Mass Effect 2 was the best for this since character creation happened after an extended intro sequence that had playable sections and no save points.

Dragon Age Inquisition gets points for setting the creation moment in a room with glowing green ambiance, making it near impossible to accurately predict what colors you'll look like in every other context.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm gonna quite happily ignore the trophy list in FF9

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

FF 10 has been on there for ages

gently caress yeah :hfive:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

doingitwrong posted:

Mass Effect 2 was the best for this since character creation happened after an extended intro sequence that had playable sections and no save points.

That whole intro only takes like 5 minutes but yes it's still dumb

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shocked to hear that 6/10 game me2 had some wonky parts

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Did they ever fix the text/font or whatever in FF9 on Steam? I remember people complaining about it a lot when it first came out.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.konami.com/games/zoe_mars/en/

ZONE OF THE ENDERS IS COMING TO STEAM. gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL0e9CvsGN0

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Terror From The Deep was cool to me because it was the sequel and the devs were like ÖK we're making this stupidly harder because :xcom:

From what I understand tftd was hard for much stupider reasons. See when Xcom originally came out, there was a bug that set the difficulty to the easiest after the first mission, making it impossible to actually play on the harder difficulties. People didn't know this was happening and complained that the game was too easy. The devs also didn't know about the bug so they thought they had made the game too easy so cranked up the difficulty significantly, now using the previous hardest difficulty as a baseline.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

mgs hd collection is coming, I can feel it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MMF Freeway posted:

mgs hd collection is coming, I can feel it.

they have to at this point, japan clamped down on pachinko machines and this is a far more guaranteed money maker

also,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHgrf5z4C0&t=340s

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also VR. So gently caress any complaints I ever had about VR.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:wtf:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phantasium posted:

Also VR. So gently caress any complaints I ever had about VR.

Playing Rogue Squadron 2 (via DolphinVR) and soon Zone of the Enders in VR in the same year will make me the happiest man in all of videogames. I had no idea the former was even possible and I'm thrilled to see the latter.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also this thing which is tied to Front Mission somehow and has art from Yoji Shinkawa and people who worked on Armored Core.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/19/left-alive-ps4-art-metal-gear-artist-yoji-shinkawa-announced-square-enix/

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Well this looks loving incredible but does "new sound design" mean new voice work? It just wouldn't be the same without SHUTTUP IM DINGO

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its been such a long time since we've heard anything about Zone of the Enders. I remember when the 3rd game was canceled. Excited to play again on PS4 and PC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol Kojima sounded totally surprised on Twitter, I wonder how they're gonna do it without putting his name somewhere

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm certainly not buying ZoE for the 3rd time but I hope it's an enjoyable experience without it being the gaiden to a metal gear solid demo.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I bought ZoE for the MGS2 demo but it's the best non-simulation mech game. It's like playing an anime.

Also loved the screaming when you punch a mech into a skyscraper. And the damage stayed for future battles.

Also what happened to Metal Gear Fortnite?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I wonder if the yearly cycle of games like CoD also contributed to no bots? If you could play multi against bots you might not immediately upgrade to next year's version with the rest of the playerbase.

Basically all of the CoD games let you play against bots. I think maybe the occasional game has left the feature out but the last 3 in a row have had it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A PUBG-like in the MGSV engine would be glorious

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

A PUBG-like in the MGSV engine would be glorious

I was just gonna say they're probably adding a Battle Royale mode

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

goferchan posted:

Basically all of the CoD games let you play against bots. I think maybe the occasional game has left the feature out but the last 3 in a row have had it

I've always really appreciated this future. The last CoD game to not have a bot mode was Modern Warfare 3. I wish more FPS games had this for their multiplayer. I would have stuck with TitanFall 2 a lot longer if it did.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

al-azad posted:

I bought ZoE for the MGS2 demo but it's the best non-simulation mech game. It's like playing an anime.

Also loved the screaming when you punch a mech into a skyscraper. And the damage stayed for future battles.

Also what happened to Metal Gear Fortnite?

What's the best sim mech game? Presume it's one of the armored core games which I've never played. Asking for a friend.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

lol Kojima sounded totally surprised on Twitter, I wonder how they're gonna do it without putting his name somewhere

A

GAME

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I can't view the trophy list at work but it's not truly evil unless there's a trophy where you have to impress all 100 nobles.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

al-azad posted:

I can't view the trophy list at work but it's not truly evil unless there's a trophy where you have to impress all 100 nobles.

100 nobles is easy.
Jumping the rope 1000 times is not.

You don't need to impress them all but they need to ask for an encore. Maybe you do need to impress them all. Because there's a trophy for having 4 moonstones. You get 1 for impressing all 100

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Please tell me this holds up. ZOE was a series I kept wanting to play for years, but it never came to PC and now I'm worried it might be too late.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

zoe 1 is okay. zoe 2 is heck to yes

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

zoe 1 is okay. zoe 2 is heck to yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007