Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the extremely good beer store near my buddy's installed an entire keg system and now has growlers available with 28 different beers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cat Face Joe posted:

the extremely good beer store near my buddy's installed an entire keg system and now has growlers available with 28 different beers

the second part of u sentence validates the first

sounds pro as all hell

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

thats pretty cool hope the kegs get turned over decently quick tho

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Captain Foo posted:

the second part of u sentence validates the first

sounds pro as all hell

it is. i got a 32 of la roja for my friends

my bitter bi rival posted:

thats pretty cool hope the kegs get turned over decently quick tho

it looks like he's just got sixth barrels right now so hopefully it works out

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
our neighborhood pub has been getting bottles of Almanac in lately

last night my wife and I got to try the Splendid Population, it was pretty intense but went well with the big soft pretzel we ordered with it

I still think the Lavender Honey Brett Saison is my favorite, it's much more subtle, a close second is the Strawberry & Basil

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol drank a cool doz last night. for some reason I thought after them it would be a good idea to sit in the bath and then next thing you know im waking up from falling asleep in the bath. drinking makes like hilarious

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
I scored a beta invite to Sixpoint's app so I can reserve limited-run IPAs and show up at their brewery to get them. So far their app seems like it's mostly a web view wrapper but hey, it gets me sweet beers.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
enjoy responsibly drinking your two-three weekly beers this saturday night, alchohol friends of yospos ;)

me, i've had mine and now it's time for bed to get up bright and early tomorrow morning

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

I scored a beta invite to Sixpoint's app so I can reserve limited-run IPAs and show up at their brewery to get them. So far their app seems like it's mostly a web view wrapper but hey, it gets me sweet beers.

i want to punch this post in the face

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

SO DEMANDING posted:

six point makes a lot of decent beers that are not IPAs but they are famous for their limited runs that are primarily sold on tap

offering a few growlers/cans to die-hards seems like a fun loyalty program to me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I went to the treehouse brewery yesterday

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Captain Foo posted:

I went to the treehouse brewery yesterday

I'm kinda jealous, I've heard their stuff is amazing.

Them and Alchemy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

I'm kinda jealous, I've heard their stuff is amazing.

Them and Alchemy.

It was real good

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
Do you live in the area Captain Foo? If you live in that general area Trillium in Boston is well worth the trip.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lyon posted:

Do you live in the area Captain Foo? If you live in that general area Trillium in Boston is well worth the trip.

I was playing rugby in Springfield and stopped on my way back to Boston

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
drinking god's drink, the Manhattan

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i drank beer and the bar and not only that i didn't have to pay for it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
one thing that sucks about drinking mid-range bourbon is once in a while you get a bad/subpar bottle

e: it's just this knob creek 100 proof has more toffee than I remember. manageable with an ice cube I guess

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 26, 2017

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
knob creek is beam juice so that's why it tastes like poo poo hth

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
yeah.. it's up the ladder a little bit but still has the Beam Problems

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I have an unopened bottle of eagle rare

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

I have an unopened bottle of eagle rare
it's good poo poo but not so good you should save it forever. drink up!

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

SO DEMANDING posted:

their app indeed was a buggy web view. A picker menu popped up with no 'select' button so after an app crash mentioning a firebase issue and pawing around I managed to score myself a pack of IPA

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
just went to a bar and had two 90 shillings and then a Kaliber

the 90 shillings were legit, the kaliber was in a glass to hide my shame

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Kenny Logins posted:

one thing that sucks about drinking mid-range bourbon is once in a while you get a bad/subpar bottle

e: it's just this knob creek 100 proof has more toffee than I remember. manageable with an ice cube I guess

knob creek is 100 proof, it always requires an ice cube or added water if you actually want to taste it instead of just numbing your tongue

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

JewKiller 3000 posted:

knob creek is beam juice so that's why it tastes like poo poo hth

the bottom-tier jim beam / old granddad / old crow are not very good, but even one step up is really great.

e.g. old granddad bottled-in-bond is a solid fuckin bourbon for like, $12

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

care one nighttime cough

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

knob creek is 100 proof, it always requires an ice cube or added water if you actually want to taste it instead of just numbing your tongue
I haven't found this to be the general rule for 100 proofs but it's an option that should be on the table particularly for those with inconsistent bottlings

it is an acquired ability though in that sense but some labels are really so boozy that you need a little h20 every time

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
i find most bourbons are substantially improved by not just one but several ice cubes

it should be well below room temperature and significantly diluted

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I always ice my bourbons except for that one Cowboy shot I had in Chicago

beer update: had pabst blue ribbon for the first time yesterday while helping some friends move. a) it's so weird drinking beer out of tiny 355ml cans, b) the best ones were the ones I stuck in the freezer for a while

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Chris Knight posted:

I always ice my bourbons except for that one Cowboy shot I had in Chicago

beer update: had pabst blue ribbon for the first time yesterday while helping some friends move. a) it's so weird drinking beer out of tiny 355ml cans, b) the best ones were the ones I stuck in the freezer for a while
pbr is best when you have it ice cold and also dosed with a shot of soju

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i find most bourbons are substantially improved by not just one but several ice cubes

it should be well below room temperature and significantly diluted

every time i've added ice i've regretted it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the end of the glass tastes so watered down and totally average

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
drink faster stupid

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that's what beer is for moronč

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ice in whiskey is totally fine and acceptable

just don't put coca-cola in it. barf

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if you want to make a whiskey cocktail at least learn one of the 10,000 ones that are better than "tastes like coke, but worse"

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I had some Kraken topped with ginger beer the other day, it was p deece

the gamer lounge where I had it calls it a "Dark Samus" of course

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

if you want to make a whiskey cocktail at least learn one of the 10,000 ones that are better than "tastes like coke, but worse"

what kind of savage mixes whiskey and coke

whiskey and club soda, yeah, but coke?

eschaton posted:

I had some Kraken topped with ginger beer the other day, it was p deece

the gamer lounge where I had it calls it a "Dark Samus" of course

that's a loving dark and stormy and gently caress that place in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

it is sort of surprising that gut rot like the Cuba libre became so popular. I understand this is in part because of Cuba's relationship with America / sugar monoculture export but it was unambiguously swill of the time