Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

tbh i forgot firefly existed

the one i feel guilty about not mentioning is red dwarf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

tbh i forgot firefly existed

the one i feel guilty about not mentioning is red dwarf

I saw the fly movie without seeing the show. Kicked rear end.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

The fact that Crichton has been through so much weird, horrible poo poo (tortured, made into a statue where his head was cut off, mindfucked eight ways from sunday) that he's actually become a little insane is great

ScrubLeague posted:

There are like two really good episodes of Firefly and no one would give a poo poo about the rest if it got a second season.

Firefly is good

I only caught a few episodes of Blake's 7 as a kid, does it hold up?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mother! is a really good CSPAM! movie, go into it blind

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Nebakenezzer posted:

The fact that Crichton has been through so much weird, horrible poo poo (tortured, made into a statue where his head was cut off, mindfucked eight ways from sunday) that he's actually become a little insane is great

just fukken lol if u aint been thru so much poo poo u fukken cray

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nebakenezzer posted:

yeah if you can get past how cheap it looks

in a way it might hold up better now than it did in the 90s (when i first saw it) because its bleakness is less at odds with the television zeitgeist

Serf
May 5, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

seconding this

movie rules

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_q2uwmRBQc

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Nebakenezzer posted:

Crackers don't matter.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Taintrunner posted:

the blustery review by the moron rex reed makes me actually want to see that even tho prior to that i never even heard of it...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

:hai:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Mariana Horchata posted:

the blustery review by the moron rex reed makes me actually want to see that even tho prior to that i never even heard of it...

yeh i heard it was pretty weird so thats good

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

VR ZONE OF THE ENDERS 2 REMAKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilrtIM0EiUs

:pusheen:

Condiv has issued a correction as of 18:14 on Sep 19, 2017

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CtgAgTqx0w

:nyoron:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jehuty on pc means metal gear legacy collection pc is near

our salvation is near

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

There are like two really good episodes of Firefly and no one would give a poo poo about the rest if it got a second season.

shoulda been more episodes like the train robbery one

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Crackers don't matter.

HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

docbeard posted:

H U M A N S A R E I N F E R I O R

it is good that you realize the machines are more powerful than you are :)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

docbeard posted:

HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR

It's puke?!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nebakenezzer posted:

Firefly is good

depends what you watch it for. kerr avon is a timeless sass master. servalan is eternally stylin

the first two episodes are still excellent, also

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

:cheers:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

my fav blakes 7 cheapness is when the galaxy is invaded by sundry cookware

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

not gan because literally nobody likes him

Squizzle posted:

depends what you watch it for

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

my fav blakes 7 cheapness is when the galaxy is invaded by sundry cookware

mine is that roj blake cant afford a proper space scifi man name hes just roger shortened to rog change that to a j

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

and his costume is a bin liner

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

gan is wearing the only shirt they could find thats too big for him

phil collins is just wearing an old jumper

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

servalan is eternally stylin

remember that time she goes onto a ship's bridge and yells "maximum power!!!!" and the engines immediately explode and kill everyone

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

gan is wearing the only shirt they could find thats too big for him

phil collins is just wearing an old jumper

season 1 had weird fuckin faux robin hood style costumes

when they went to leather, the show really found its look imo

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

mine is that roj blake cant afford a proper space scifi man name hes just roger shortened to rog change that to a j

lol u stupid cuck i bet u think neil strongarms dont sound like a spaceman name either!!!!!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Can I take it as read that everyone's favorite Star Trek is Deep Space 9?

I watched the episode "Civil Defense" last night. The idea that Gul Dukat has pre-recorded a whole series of auto contingency messages where he emotes and gets angry and makes bullshit promises and everything is one I've always found hilarious

I was thinking of making a CSPAM thread where you take a crack at doing the same thing with Trump doing the same thing, but the kids, they don't know the trek anymore

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Nebakenezzer posted:

I watched the episode "Civil Defense" last night. The idea that Gul Dukat has pre-recorded a whole series of auto contingency messages where he emotes and gets angry and makes bullshit promises and everything is one I've always found hilarious

I was thinking of making a CSPAM thread where you take a crack at doing the same thing with Trump doing the same thing, but the kids, they don't know the trek anymore

it's true for me :3:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Nebakenezzer posted:

It is the least bad Star Trek, by a significant margin.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the only star trek ive seen all the way through is babylon 5 i really need to find a few hundred hours and watch tng and ds9 properly

from the scattered eps i saw ds9 was a better show i guess. did it have any real ultra stinkers like tng did?

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

punchymcpunch posted:

the only star trek ive seen all the way through is babylon 5 i really need to find a few hundred hours and watch tng and ds9 properly

from the scattered eps i saw ds9 was a better show i guess. did it have any real ultra stinkers like tng did?

Absolutely

When you are making 26 44 min episodes a year they are not going to be all brilliant

The one known in the trek thread as "the one with the farmers with skin problems" and "the one where a alien energy being gets off with Jake writing" are bad

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Also this is not CSPAM but I have to share my pain on this:

This is the commercial for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, a beloved SNES game who's graphics look like children's drawings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPJJQHF4tTo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nebakenezzer posted:

i'm a tng man

https://i.imgur.com/Ru6NPty.gifv

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Nebakenezzer posted:

all of my recordings woild be "glass bajor immediately those self righteous pricks"

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ds9 is a snoozer for me a lot of the time even though it's pretty good

i just don't care about bajor or cardassians or dominions or any of that poo poo, give me dudes going around in a ship called the enterprise doing a different thing all the time

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

id like to see a trek supergroup where theyre all on sulus excelsior and bashir is the doctor, riker is the xo, bev is the doctor, hologrtam doctor is the bartender, geordi is on keyboards, worf is in the back somewhere, picard is on the holodeck dispensing advice, etc

the cardassian spy tailor guy is there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

punchymcpunch posted:

id like to see a trek supergroup where theyre all on sulus excelsior and bashir is the doctor, riker is the xo, bev is the doctor, hologrtam doctor is the bartender, geordi is on keyboards, worf is in the back somewhere, picard is on the holodeck dispensing advice, etc

the cardassian spy tailor guy is there too

oh yea!
that guy was great :3:

• Locked thread