Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

cvnvcnv posted:

Do mods stack? ie two kinetic recoil equipped

Do we even know yet?

haveblue posted:

No, the previous mod is lost when you add a new one.

He's talking about how some classes can double stack mods on say, chest and class item.

Yes they stack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bungie is pretty dumb for not having welfare engrams pop at current light, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna lol lmao and lmbo at fairly casual players who probably shard extremely pro guns they will never get again.

I think the crucible and nightfall welfare engrams drop at current light. (Or at least 270-275 like a regular purple drop.)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

What exactly are those? What I got from it is that they allow matchmaking in Raids, Nightfall and Trails which is otherwise unavailable?
You join either as a Guide (in which case it matches you with some Seekers to lead around) or as a Seeker (in which case it matches you to a Guide who then shows you the ropes).

Currently in beta for nightfalls, but the system's not enabled for raids yet. It's a kind of tiered matchmaking that clearly defines the sherpa / scrub relationship. It's one of the things I was most interested in with D2.

It costs 1 ticket to Guide, free as a Seeker. No idea how you earn more tickets. I'm assuming it gave me an invite because I tried to start a game as a seeker before the reset but found out it was still in beta. When the missus goes to work later i'll give it a try.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Public Event with the 2 Walkers on Titan is crazy, I've had 3 Legendary Engrams drop from enemies in the past 2 times I've done it. Without a Loot Booster active either.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Is there a current overall Light cap? I'm close to 300 and wondering where the madness really starts.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bungie is pretty dumb for not having welfare engrams pop at current light, but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna lol lmao and lmbo at fairly casual players who probably shard extremely pro guns they will never get again.
I forget, is there anything in the game that actually tells you how to infuse? I remember there were actually people in destiny 1 that got to like 380ish and somehow never knew infusion existed

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
Can you add an elemental damage mod to a kinetic weapon? If you do, does it move the weapon to the green ammo category?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

strangemusic posted:

Is there a current overall Light cap? I'm close to 300 and wondering where the madness really starts.

I think 300 is the cap for legendary items.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

strangemusic posted:

Tooltip for infusion pegs it at 350.

I saw a group with 301 and 302 members wearing the prestige nightfall aura in the tower so 300 isn't the limit.

Roman posted:

I forget, is there anything in the game that actually tells you how to infuse? I remember there were actually people in destiny 1 that got to like 380ish and somehow never knew infusion existed

Don't think there's anything beyond the presence of the option when inspecting items. I don't remember a "you should infuse stuff to keep your favorite guns!" popup in the campaign.

E-Money posted:

Can you add an elemental damage mod to a kinetic weapon? If you do, does it move the weapon to the green ammo category?

Nope

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No it's pretty clear they took the approach that with a few exceptions (acrius shotgun), prestige should come via pure cosmetics as opposed to the best gear. I think it's a good call, especially as they are going for pure pvp balance, even though as a no lifer I'm not getting OP gear relative to most anymore :negative:

It's definitely better from an overall game health perspective, but it's fun being that one rear end in a top hat with a god roll.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

haveblue posted:

Tooltip for infusion pegs it at 350.

I saw a group with 301 and 302 members wearing the prestige nightfall aura in the tower so 300 isn't the limit.

You can get above the 300 limit because of mods, so the max is probably 305 right?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You join either as a Guide (in which case it matches you with some Seekers to lead around) or as a Seeker (in which case it matches you to a Guide who then shows you the ropes).

Currently in beta for nightfalls, but the system's not enabled for raids yet. It's a kind of tiered matchmaking that clearly defines the sherpa / scrub relationship. It's one of the things I was most interested in with D2.

It costs 1 ticket to Guide, free as a Seeker. No idea how you earn more tickets. I'm assuming it gave me an invite because I tried to start a game as a seeker before the reset but found out it was still in beta. When the missus goes to work later i'll give it a try.

Also, you cannot Guide if your clan is full. I think you can still Seek though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mikeraskol posted:

You can get above the 300 limit because of mods, so the max is probably 305 right?

We'll find out in a few hours as the 300+ crew starts doing weekly milestones.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm 301 and I'm not seeing anything that drops above 305 via mod

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

My guess is that Expansion 1 will push it to 330 and then Expansion 2 will be 350.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is there a list anywhere of Legendary and Exotics Gear I should not shard? Or is it really just a matter of popping into Discord and asking goons?

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm 301 and I'm not seeing anything that drops above 305 via mod

Yeah, I haven't seen anything drop at higher than 300 base power. I believe 305 to be the current cap post-mods.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is Winters Guile any good?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

JackDarko posted:

Is there a list anywhere of Legendary and Exotics Gear I should not shard? Or is it really just a matter of popping into Discord and asking goons?

With infusion there is no point to sharding exotics.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

^burtle posted:

With infusion there is no point to sharding exotics.

I sharded a duplicate skyburner's oath just because I had bigger scout rifles already than the first one. It's just barfing poo poo at me.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Let me re-phrase, with infusion there is no reason to shard non-duplicate exotics.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

super macho dude posted:

Run toughness armor and slap the poo poo out of everything in a healing rift. It's really fun once you've got 3+ stacks

gonger
Apr 25, 2006

Quiet! You vegetable!

super macho dude posted:

Completely insane on a devour voidlock. Kill dudes by punching to get health back, kill dudes by punching to kill the next dude by punching faster. You can often oneshot a yellow health enemy with 5 stacks of Winters Guile.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Was doing the Heroic version of the Hive Public Event and after the Abyssal Champion walked in another beefy Knight popped out of the Portal called the something something of Savathun. Not sure why they felt the need to change that one too.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Denim Avenger posted:

Was doing the Heroic version of the Hive Public Event and after the Abyssal Champion walked in another beefy Knight popped out of the Portal called the something something of Savathun. Not sure why they felt the need to change that one too.

I think it's that flashpoint events spawn additional bosses.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Where do you get loot boosters?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darth Windu posted:

40 dust at the eververse lady, dismantle a few legendary shaders to get some.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Darth Windu posted:

Tess Everis for 50 bright dust a pop

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

For those above 280 - are you running alts and boosting?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Emron posted:

I think it's that flashpoint events spawn additional bosses.
Random named bosses do pop up in other places ( I've put down at least one servitor in the EDZ ) it's just that they're relatively rare compared to most other events. Most of them get a unique notification message too. I'd guess they're supposed to be a tier above the usual HVT's that pop up.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Vintersorg posted:

No. Just playing the game and collecting loot.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

No. I mean I am but they're still less than level 20. You can get above 280 with one character.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

limited posted:

Random named bosses do pop up in other places ( I've put down at least one servitor in the EDZ ) it's just that they're relatively rare compared to most other events. Most of them get a unique notification message too. I'd guess they're supposed to be a tier above the usual HVT's that pop up.
You mean you've seen Ether Resupply on Earth have an extra, big servitor?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Akuma posted:

Nah these are part of heroic public events and show up at set points.

And Ether Resupply is like the most common event in the EDZ...
Huh. I better get my rear end to Mars Nessus for a bit then. :(

And there's another named Servitor that spawns, it has a message like 'x has come to reclaim the sector' or something like that when it appears. But I still agree, hopefully they patch in some more events as things go on. There doesn't seem to be a Hive or Taken event in the EDZ.

Also, like to shout out the folks who were handing out advice on Warlock jumps. Might be worth dropping into the OP?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Do Legendary Kinetic damage mods drop anywhere other than already slotted in a kinetic weapon, or can they be crafted?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Roman posted:

Do Legendary Kinetic damage mods drop anywhere other than already slotted in a kinetic weapon, or can they be crafted?

i've only gotten them from rolling legendary weapon mods at the gunsmith. maybe bright engrams can drop them, but i've never gotten one.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Roman posted:

I'd imagine they can drop from the weapon mods slot machine but it's not happened to me yet.

Edit: apparently yes, they can

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Need nightfall. Psn paulproteus if on

FrancisFarterburgr
Feb 16, 2008

"Godspeed you poor sons of bitches."
Yeah legendary kinetic mods drop fairly frequently from Banshee's legendary weapon mod exchange. Also it took me until last night to realize that making legendary mods by smashing rares together doesn't cost glimmer. I crafted SO MANY LEGENDARY MODS WOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I think it took me until today to realize that class ability mods only decrease cool down on barrier/rift/dodge instead of all of the abilities of the specified damage type. People looking at my gear must have thought I really loving loved titan barrier.