Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am in a 10 team super flex league with keepers (3 year limit at the round you drafted them, 1 per position), standard scoring. My keepers were horrible this year and everyone else had exceptionally good ones, so it is kind of a rebuilding year to get new keepers for next year, while also trying to be competitive this year. We have pretty shallow benches. FA pickups are kept at the expected draft round for the following year, so ideally keepers are people you drafted. Also, we get charged $5 for every waiver move after 10, and I have already made 1. My team is not good enough so far to waste the $5 this year. The best situation for my team would be Murrey being out so I can start Henry in peace.

My RB are pretty horrible so far, I have:
Gore
D. Murrey
D. Henry
Mixon
Rawls

The top available RB are Chris Carson, Javorious Allen, and Chris Thompson. Also Bernard and a few other guys borderline worth owning somewhere because it is a 10 team league with shallow benches.

I also need to potentially find a replacement for Eifert if he is out, he is my only TE. There are a ton on the WW; Witten, Ebron, Clay, James, Brate.

My most droppable players are:
Bengals D - grabbed due to early favorable matchups
Trubisky - late round keeper flyer , 2 QB league and if he ends up starting and good
Rawls - is he getting eased back in or just replaced with Carson at this point?
Snead - has been suspended so far, and don't really need him much

Who should I drop and pick up? Should I go for both Carson and Allen? Is it worth trying to get one of the TE over the others, or just get whoever is best once they are FA? I guess there was a TE bloodbath last week so they all might go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

TommyGun85 posted:

I was thinking of countering for Allen and Derrick Henry?

God no.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

What TE do you guys like to replace Olsen in standard?

ASJ
Evan Engram
Ben Watson

Leaning Engram since he was pretty heavily featured last night, but a lot of fantasy nerds are creaming themselves over ASJ (again! Will they be right this time?)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Butter Hole posted:

ASJ
Evan Engram
Ben Watson

Leaning Engram since he was pretty heavily featured last night, but a lot of fantasy nerds are creaming themselves over ASJ (again! Will they be right this time?)

I'd be rolling with Engram if I were you. I don't trust ASJ at all.

Is anyone going to roll with the Dolphins D/ST this week against the Jets? I know their LBs are banged up, but they have a great D-Line.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Butter Hole posted:

ASJ
Evan Engram
Ben Watson

ASJ's problems have been injury or off the field, when he's actually played and been healthy he's mad good. And who else are the Jets gonna throw to?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What do you guys think of Todd Gurley moving forward? I'm hearing a lot of fantasy experts suggesting to sell high given his upcoming schedule.

You can shop him if you have holes to fill on your roster, but he's in elite company on opportunity share alone. I'm holding since my team is in good shape and I doubt I can turn him into anything I actually want.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Epi Lepi posted:

And who else are the Jets gonna throw to?

The ground

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Epi Lepi posted:

And who else are the Jets gonna throw to?

The other team?

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What do you guys think of Todd Gurley moving forward? I'm hearing a lot of fantasy experts suggesting to sell high given his upcoming schedule.

I have him in a PPR league and I'm also on the fence. I think his volume alone is enough to keep him. What's your roster look like?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Who's saying this after this week? I saw hand wringing after he put up 2.2 ypc against the colts but that seems to have died down after this week when he put up 5.5.

Watching the game he still looks like an elite runner. Guys got speed power and elusiveness. McVay is also using him a lot in the passing game so he's got good PPR upside there.

John Paulsen seems to be all in on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MBeller/status/909938857235423237

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Sep 19, 2017

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I'm really annoyed that I went all in on West and now it looks like Allen is taking the job. Bad call Compe, bad call.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
Need some trade advice:

I'm poo poo at the RB position:
(Last week's starters:
Dalvin Cook
Powell
Bench:
Fat Rob (who is now questionable)
Paul Perkins
Rex Burkhead)

But pretty strong at the WR position:
(Starters:
OBJ
Amari Cooper
Alshon Jeffery
Bench:
Willie Snead (Still Suspended)
Rishard Mathews)

I have a trade offer on the table:
Amari + Paul Perkins for Jeremy Maclin + Tarik Cohen

Maclin is obviously a step down in WR but might make a decent flex especially if he keeps scoring TDs, starting OBJ WR1 and Jeffery WR2. And Cohen is basically splitting snaps with Howard but Howard may be out next week, and Cohen sees more action in the passing game (league is PPR). He's definitely an upgrade over pretty much every RB I got except maybe Cook.

Thoughts?

TheFace fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 19, 2017

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Gurley gets the 49ers this week so I'm selling him next week hopefully.

TheFace posted:

Need some trade advice:

(Last week's starters:
Dalvin Cook
Powell
Bench:
Paul Perkins
Rex Burkhead)

(Starters:
OBJ
Amari Cooper
Alshon Jeffery
Bench:
Rishard Mathews)

Maclin is obviously a step down in WR but might make a decent flex especially if he keeps scoring TDs, starting OBJ WR1 and Jeffery WR2. And Cohen is basically splitting snaps with Howard but Howard may be out next week, and Cohen sees more action in the passing game (and league is PPR). He's definitely an upgrade over pretty much every RB I got except maybe Cook.

Thoughts?

I think that's a good trade. Cohen is an RB2 in PPR and I think Snead will be a WR2 when he returns. You'll just have to flex WR's.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

TheFace posted:

Need some trade advice:

(Last week's starters:
Dalvin Cook
Powell
Bench:
Paul Perkins
Rex Burkhead)

(Starters:
OBJ
Amari Cooper
Alshon Jeffery
Bench:
Rishard Mathews)

Maclin is obviously a step down in WR but might make a decent flex especially if he keeps scoring TDs, starting OBJ WR1 and Jeffery WR2. And Cohen is basically splitting snaps with Howard but Howard may be out next week, and Cohen sees more action in the passing game (league is PPR). He's definitely an upgrade over pretty much every RB I got except maybe Cook.

Thoughts?

I would not like that. Amari is the best player in that group by far.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

What do J.J. Nelson's long-term prospects look like? I spent a lot of my FAAB budget on Cohen and Golladay last week and I'm going to try to replace Rawls with Carson. I'd love to have another WR I can count on, though, as Baldwin and Fitzgerald have been disappointing and Corey Davis is dinged.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

OxySnake posted:

While I agree, currently I have a bunch of RB that are only likely to put up sub 10 numbers. Not sure if I should weigh that into my decision. I really don't wanna part ways with Coop.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
I'm staring at 0-3 this week, going up against the top scorer from week 2. 10 team 1PPR standard

QB Jameis Winston
RB McCoy/Gordon
WR Dez/Emmanuel
TE Austin Hooper
Flex Lamar Miller
Def Rams
K Dan Bailey

Bench - Olsen/Big Ben/Ameer/Doug Martin/Jordan Matthews/Tarik/Raiders

I've got #2 waiver, currently have the following in order
Add Chris Thompson, drop Ameer
Add JJ Nelson, drop Jordan Matthews
Add Buck Allen, drop Raiders

Alex Smith/Siemian are also available at QB, plus Shane Vereen, Derrick Henry, Chris Carson, Alvin Kamara for RBs. Jermaine Kearse, Allen Hurns for WRs.

Ideally I'd try to package some RB depth and either Dez or Emmanuel for a better WR? Help remake my team and get me out of this rut.

Vvv Thanks gobias, done and done.

GTJustin fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Sep 19, 2017

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

TheFace posted:

While I agree, currently I have a bunch of RB that are only likely to put up sub 10 numbers. Not sure if I should weigh that into my decision. I really don't wanna part ways with Coop.

How deep is your league? Are Riddick, Prosise, Thompson or anyone else available? That is a lot to give up for Cohen.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TheFace posted:

Need some trade advice:

(Last week's starters:
Dalvin Cook
Powell
Bench:
Paul Perkins
Rex Burkhead)

(Starters:
OBJ
Amari Cooper
Alshon Jeffery
Bench:
Rishard Mathews)

Thoughts?

That's a huge no. You're giving up the best player for mediocrity.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

GTJustin posted:

I'm staring at 0-3 this week, going up against the top scorer from week 2. 10 team 1PPR standard

QB Jameis Winston
RB McCoy/Gordon
WR Dez/Emmanuel
TE Austin Hooper
Flex Lamar Miller
Def Rams
K Dan Bailey

Bench - Olsen/Big Ben/Ameer/Doug Martin/Jordan Matthews/Tarik/Raiders

I've got #2 waiver, currently have the following in order
Add Chris Thompson, drop Ameer
Add JJ Nelson, drop Jordan Matthews
Add Buck Allen, drop Raiders

Alex Smith/Siemian are also available at QB, plus Shane Vereen, Derrick Henry, Chris Carson, Alvin Kamara for RBs. Jermaine Kearse, Allen Hurns for WRs.

Ideally I'd try to package some RB depth and either Dez or Emmanuel for a better WR? Help remake my team and get me out of this rut.

My drops, in order, would be Raiders, Ben, Olsen, Matthews. Ameer just had the highest rushing total of his career - seems like an odd time to drop him if you felt he was worth rostering before this.

Don't get Thompson. Henry, Carson, and Allen should all be grabbed ahead of him. Nelson too.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

OxySnake posted:

How deep is your league? Are Riddick, Prosise, Thompson or anyone else available? That is a lot to give up for Cohen.

Prosise is available, but is getting massively outsnapped by Carson?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

My drops, in order, would be Raiders, Ben, Olsen, Matthews. Ameer just had the highest rushing total of his career - seems like an odd time to drop him if you felt he was worth rostering before this.

Don't get Thompson. Henry, Carson, and Allen should all be grabbed ahead of him. Nelson too.

Agree 100% with this

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

OxySnake posted:

pubic works project posted:

That's a huge no. You're giving up the best player for mediocrity.

He's not looking for someone better than Amari Cooper. He's looking for an RB to start over Powell (who might be droppable at this point). He gets Maclin who is averaging almost 8 yards a catch and cohen who is an RB2 in PPR leagues.

The first 8-10 weeks of fantasy are about surviving, taking the hits on injuries and busts and being able to still have a starting roster. He gets some depth here and a good RB2.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

on the bored wop posted:

What do J.J. Nelson's long-term prospects look like? I spent a lot of my FAAB budget on Cohen and Golladay last week and I'm going to try to replace Rawls with Carson. I'd love to have another WR I can count on, though, as Baldwin and Fitzgerald have been disappointing and Corey Davis is dinged.

Brown could end up on IR.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

He's not looking for someone better than Amari Cooper. He's looking for an RB to start over Powell (who might be droppable at this point). He gets Maclin who is averaging almost 8 yards a catch and cohen who is an RB2 in PPR leagues.

The first 8-10 weeks of fantasy are about surviving, taking the hits on injuries and busts and being able to still have a starting roster. He gets some depth here and a good RB2.

Then he should counter with Jeffrey.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Wrong fantasy is about putting together the best roster. He went WR WR RB in his draft this assumes that your going to be weak at RB.

When it comes to trades the most important thing is always the best player in the deal.

From 4for4 in their rest of the season rankings you would be trading the 13th WR and 39th RB for the 31st RB for the 39th WR.

Powell is the 28th RB and Jeffrey is the 26th WR.

It would be a downgrade in almost every regard.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ah yes that time when 0-2 low scoring teams try to fleece you in trades

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

OxySnake posted:

Wrong fantasy is about putting together the best roster. He went WR WR RB in his draft this assumes that your going to be weak at RB.

When it comes to trades the most important thing is always the best player in the deal.

From 4for4 in their rest of the season rankings you would be trading the 13th WR and 39th RB for the 31st RB for the 39th WR.

Powell is the 28th RB and Jeffrey is the 26th WR.

It would be a downgrade in almost every regard.

Unless 4for4 just updated them, those season rankings are from last week. I would listen to 4for4 over me any day but Cohen is an RB2 in PPR and Maclin is the #1 in Baltimore. Powell played 18 snaps last week and as per rotoworld: "Powell cannot be trusted in fantasy lineups right now, and is a drop a candidate in shallow leagues."

I'm not sure why you think Powell should be ranked higher than Cohen right now. You must be looking at outdated stuff.

edit: He has WR depth with Snead coming back week 4. He'll miss Amari for one week and strengthen his bench. In Week 4 he can start OBJ, Alshon, Maclin/Snead.

Then he should counter with Jeffrey.

Would you trade your Cohen + Maclin for Jeffrey + Paul Perkins?

RisqueBarber fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 19, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

Unless 4for4 just updated them, those season rankings are from last week. I would listen to 4for4 over me any day but Cohen is an RB2 in PPR and Maclin is the #1 in Baltimore. Powell played 18 snaps last week and as per rotoworld: "Powell cannot be trusted in fantasy lineups right now, and is a drop a candidate in shallow leagues."

I'm not sure why you think Powell should be ranked higher than Cohen right now. You must be looking at outdated stuff.

edit: He has WR depth with Snead coming back week 4. He'll miss Amari for one week and strengthen his bench. In Week 4 he can start OBJ, Alshon, Maclin/Snead.

Would you trade your Cohen + Maclin for Jeffrey + Paul Perkins?

Probably not, but I wouldn't trade Amari loving Cooper for Cohen and Maclin.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ayudo posted:

You can shop him if you have holes to fill on your roster, but he's in elite company on opportunity share alone. I'm holding since my team is in good shape and I doubt I can turn him into anything I actually want.

RisqueBarber posted:

I have him in a PPR league and I'm also on the fence. I think his volume alone is enough to keep him. What's your roster look like?

OxySnake posted:

Who's saying this after this week? I saw hand wringing after he put up 2.2 ypc against the colts but that seems to have died down after this week when he put up 5.5.

Watching the game he still looks like an elite runner. Guys got speed power and elusiveness. McVay is also using him a lot in the passing game so he's got good PPR upside there.

John Paulsen seems to be all in on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/MBeller/status/909938857235423237

Good call. In a PPR league I agree his catching is something that's being undervalued. I think I'll keep him in my half PPR family league since I doubt I can get much for him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR, 1QB 2RB 3WR 1 TE 1FLX:

QB: Carr, Luck
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Rawls, Burkhead, Powell
WR: Julio, Cooper, Diggs, Allen, Richardson
TE: Kelce

If you had the above team would you trade Luck for Duke Johnson? Who among the bench would you drop for waiver pickups like Samaje Perine?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I dunno. Seattle and ARI are the only teams I'm worried about before the bye. He's still a great volume play and hasn't had any trouble making up yards through the air this season either.

And since I'm late:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you had the above team would you trade Luck for Duke Johnson? Who among the bench would you drop for waiver pickups like Samaje Perine?

I feel like I'd sell luck if I could and Duke's a potential starter for you.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Sep 19, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would take any value at all that I could get for Luck. People are thinking he's going to come back and be good old Andy Luck, but the Colts are a garbage fire and he hasn't played in ages and he's your second QB anyway, so why hold him just for a chance to stream him once when Carr is on bye in week 10?

Duke Johnson's prospects are looking up and he's just bench flexibility for you anyway. Grab him.

Kelly didn't break his ribs so Perine may just be a one-week fill-in. I might drop Powell for him but maybe not. I might drop Rawls for him, too, but maybe not. Depends on how much you think Perine is going to steal by being good while Kelly is out.

e. But instead of shuffling RBs, maybe look for a WR pickup because you've only got five on a 3WR + FLEX team.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would trade Luck as I think he's droppable at this point. Drop order for me would be Powell then Richardson.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I had to start Cutler this past week in a 14-team league where people apparently roster multiple QBs (drafted Dalton). I was going to drop him for Siemian this week but Cutler's next two games are the Jets and the Saints. It feels dirty, but I think I should stick with him for a bit...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pick one QB to drop, in Dynasty ($250 salary cap):
Cutler: $8
Smith: $12
Manning: $5
Dalton: $3

I'm leaning Smith but something is screaming at me that Dalton's career is over and he's done and I should eject him from my team and never have to watch his loving terrible play again

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What else is on his team? I probably would do that.

And I'd drop Powell for Perine.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

e. But instead of shuffling RBs, maybe look for a WR pickup because you've only got five on a 3WR + FLEX team.

True, but we don't have very large benches and my RB side is far weaker.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Probably not, but I wouldn't trade Amari loving Cooper for Cohen and Maclin.

I've decided I just can't emotionally part ways with Amari so I need a bit of advice for what I can do with this:

Who should I drop:
Powell
Paul Perkins
Rex Burkhead

For any of the following available:
Jalen Richard
Samaje Perine
CJ Prosise

And then who would I start with Dalvin Cook assuming Fat Rob is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
How often do people switch out kickers? Should I always try to switch into the highest ranked one available according to Fantasy Pros? I have Dan Bailey and could go for Mason Crosby.

• Locked thread