Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Camel Camus posted:

The first time I ran into Brute Tigrex in the volcano it was all red and I was terrified they had thrown Molten Tigrex in the game. I was having flashbacks from 4U.

What area does regular Tigrex show up in? I haven't even fought a regular one but I have like four Brutes.

It actually shows up as a rare encounter in Darj, the snowy area. There's a DLC quest you can download now where you it sends you to a Tigrex den.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The easiest way I've found to get rarer stuff is to see where the quest to murder one says they live and then use Qurupeco's ability to start fights there until you find what you want. Got 4 Tigrex eggs in Darj right after the other that way and managed to snag a Rathian to actually fight and a Red Khezu.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Qurupeco really is the best. I made it to the desert and used his ability right away to find out who the new monsters were. Oh hi Black Diablos.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Looks like that January 26th leak was right.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So uh, that underwater map huh.

e: omigosh adorable flying lizals :swoon:
e: and lovely voice acting!

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 19, 2017

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I just watched it three times in a row I WANT TO FIGHT ALL THE MONSTERS! Jan 26 is amazing! Can't wait to buy the digital deluxe for this game TWICE! YASSS!

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Also the digital deluxe samurai armor says it "only changes the appearance of equipment" which may or may not mean that transmog is back.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AttackBacon posted:

I just watched it three times in a row I WANT TO FIGHT ALL THE MONSTERS! Jan 26 is amazing!
I know right!? The new monsters are all so adorable! :kimchi:

Really can't wait to play MHW Jan 26, 2019!

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
If Puff the Bat isn't your new favorite monster you can get the hell out of this thread.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If the armor doesn't have a ridiculously puffy feather boa I'm gonna be so disappointed.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
We've seen it already, it's the armor the Hunting Horn user is wearing in the weapon previews. It has a ridiculous helmet and a huge fuzzy ruff. It's pretty ace.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Observations and wild speculation time:

• Bigass lava thing seems to be connected to bighorns elder dragon. He flies off from on top of it at the end. Maybe he is controlling it in some fashion (since elder dragons can control elements etc), maybe even a big ol lava suit of armor or something? Or maybe it's just two different mons, who knows!
  • Variety in new monsters is really extreme, not one shared skeleton. On top of that, they pulled out all of the stops with the designs. Albino snake lizard with flying squirrel webbing? Puffball giant bat? Khezumeleos? Not to mention Mr. Pots, Great Rasta, and the rest of the new crew we've seen. Really exciting.
  • The new map looks really crazy, I love how out there they are getting. It seems like some kind of mystical floating forest (almost as if it was underwater, although it clearly isn't). That they have the design chops to pull this crazy poo poo off while keeping the realistic feel that I love about MH aesthetics is really exciting.
  • Love how Rathalos' lil jowls wobble when he chomps at the hunter. HD Monster Hunter is a thing of beauty.
  • English voice acting is not terrible (although the lip sync is clearly setup for Japanese) but I'll still probably switch it to Japanese or Monster Huntian.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AttackBacon posted:

We've seen it already, it's the armor the Hunting Horn user is wearing in the weapon previews. It has a ridiculous helmet and a huge fuzzy ruff. It's pretty ace.

:aaa:

You're totally right!

heck yes I want that armor!

Lookit all these cuties tho

these little dorks are also adorable

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Khezumeleos can go gently caress himself already. Licky tongue + poison gob spit + poison shitter tail? Get out. Bet his gear isn't even good either. God damned status monsters!

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

gently caress everything, I'm getting a ps4 unless the PC release is a month tops

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Computer posted:

Lookit all these cuties tho

I saw this thing and thought it was a baby Dalamadur at first.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Has anyone found a place to pre-order the collector's edition, or have shops just not updated with that yet? Amazon is only showing the standard edition releasing in March, so I'm guessing they haven't updated yet.

I'm especially excited for this because it's releasing a few days before my birthday and I could not possibly be happier.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Well, I think this might be the first game I get the super mega deluxe version of.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I'm glad the leak is real

I hope the PC release isn't super delayed like Destiny 2 is :v:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I really need more info on the PC port before Jan 24; if it's a great port that has unlocked framerates and nice optimization, I want to blow all my spare cash on a crazy pimped out PC since I need to upgrade anyway and suffer through waiting for the PC version. If the port's just gonna be half-assed with locked framerates and such, I'd rather get a ps4pro and upgrade my PC just a little bit.

Since it's Capcom, I'm guessing it's gonna be a half-assed port. But who knows, it's on the xbone as well so the PC version might actually be good.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
There's also a special edition PS4 that we probably won't get too.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

pnumoman posted:

I really need more info on the PC port before Jan 24; if it's a great port that has unlocked framerates and nice optimization, I want to blow all my spare cash on a crazy pimped out PC since I need to upgrade anyway and suffer through waiting for the PC version. If the port's just gonna be half-assed with locked framerates and such, I'd rather get a ps4pro and upgrade my PC just a little bit.

Since it's Capcom, I'm guessing it's gonna be a half-assed port. But who knows, it's on the xbone as well so the PC version might actually be good.

The game runs on Capcom's MT Framework engine (RE5/RE6/DMC4/Dragon's Dogma. The PC ports have generally been well-optimized and feature rich.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

pnumoman posted:

Since it's Capcom, I'm guessing it's gonna be a half-assed port.

But Capcom ports (SF5 rootkit aside) have been really good ever since DMC4's first release. Maybe DR3/4 were rear end, but that's not Capcom internal.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/910083981718278144

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

But Capcom ports (SF5 rootkit aside) have been really good ever since DMC4's first release. Maybe DR3/4 were rear end, but that's not Capcom internal.

Yeah, I've had good luck with the ports themselves--it's just crap like using GFWL that hobbled them for me. I want this PC port done already, please don't hurt me for who I love Capcom. :ohdear:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Is there a physical special edition though, because I will spend Nier amounts of money for it (I ended up not getting the Nier black box edition because who spends that much money on a game but for monster hunter, I will make an exception)

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 19, 2017

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Sunning posted:

The game runs on Capcom's MT Framework engine (RE5/RE6/DMC4/Dragon's Dogma. The PC ports have generally been well-optimized and feature rich.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh drat, I didn't know that. Now that I think about it, it's been a really long time since I played a Capcom game port on PC, dunno why I had that preconception in my mind.

Guess I'm gonna shell out for a pimped out PC then. Hopefully there won't be too crazy of a PC port delay.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is there a physical special edition though, because I will spend Nier amounts of money for it (I ended up not getting the Nier black box edition because who spends that much money on a game but for monster hunter, I will make an exception)

Yeah, that's what the collector's edition is. Big box, artbook, cosmetic codes, statue of the new flagship, download for the soundtrack.

I'm still not sure if anyone's selling it yet but I'm searching periodically.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Squidtentacle posted:

Yeah, that's what the collector's edition is. Big box, artbook, cosmetic codes, statue of the new flagship, download for the soundtrack.

I'm still not sure if anyone's selling it yet but I'm searching periodically.

where was it mentioned, I only saw the pre-order bonus and the digital deluxe edition in the trailer

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

Centzon Totochtin posted:

where was it mentioned, I only saw the pre-order bonus and the digital deluxe edition in the trailer

https://www.destructoid.com/monster-hunter-world-gets-global-release-date-collector-s-edition-462002.phtml

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Reveal Nerscylla.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
Why wouldn't they put that in the trailer

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Moral of the story, make sure your wife loves Monster Hunter more than your children just like you do.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
god that looks so good. HD monster hunter, what a time to be alive

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Am I mistaken or have we not seen any elemental attacks from monsters yet aside from fire breath? I can't wait to see the Zinogres, Zamtrioses, and Mizutsunes of this generation.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Reveal Nerscylla.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Reveal Nerscylla.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

tbh aside from More Monsters and some confirmation on how G Rank is gonna work (lol just lol if capcom is planning to re-release it like they have the handheld games) I am pretty happy with what we're getting. it's gonna be a long 5 months.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Reveal Nibelsnarf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Dissonance
Nov 25, 2002

hey guys lets ride

Minrad posted:

tbh aside from More Monsters and some confirmation on how G Rank is gonna work (lol just lol if capcom is planning to re-release it like they have the handheld games) I am pretty happy with what we're getting. it's gonna be a long 5 months.

The more people demand G-Rank be DLC the more I think it might be a possibility. But a $40 possibility, with a $60 full release possible ala Destiny.

• Locked thread