Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
VIkings should rest Bradford for another game just to be safe IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Not to sideline the current valid discussion, but has it been confirmed that Arthur Blank is indeed a vampire? It's possible that he shares his blood with the Falcons to maintain their health and vigor. If you look at his wife she does appear to be a pint or two low.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Not to sideline the current valid discussion, but has it been confirmed that Arthur Blank is indeed a vampire? It's possible that he shares his blood with the Falcons to maintain their health and vigor. If you look at his wife she does appear to be a pint or two low.

The only thing blank drains are municipal funds.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Welp, Beasley has a partial hamstring tear and is out a month.

I don't think we need him over this next month (Det, Buff, BYE, Mia) but would love to see him back for New England.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Like it's partially torn off then bone or it's just a really awful sprain

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

The only thing blank drains are municipal funds.

he does drain them by biting fiercely and then sucking so the confusion is understandable

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Aren't hamstring injuries something you want to fully heal before trying to come back? Partial tear sounds like more than a month.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

Aren't hamstring injuries something you want to fully heal before trying to come back? Partial tear sounds like more than a month.

Yeah, hamstrings are a bitch. Details are still a little fuzzy other than "slight tear".

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/909817098293170176

It's concerning though since he is pretty much solely reliant on his speed. lovely, but that's why the dline depth is important.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm sure Quinn will pump some HGH in him and get him back out there.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I'm sure Quinn will pump some HGH in him and get him back out there.

We can only hope.

At least he left us with this gem. Godspeed back, Mr. Beasley.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/909604517355831296

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wandler20 posted:

:same:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Depends on the injury.

The muscle is so huge there's no telling.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
It's Olsen's injury just a fracture or a ligament tear?

If it's just a broken bone, then that's a silver lining, he likely heal back to 100%.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
3 of the 4 undefeated teams in the NFC are in the NFC South. Truly the best division.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

It's Olsen's injury just a fracture or a ligament tear?

If it's just a broken bone, then that's a silver lining, he likely heal back to 100%.

Broken I thought?

e: Yeah, he broke it. He had surgery this morning, there is still a possibility he goes to IR per Mort.

wandler20 posted:

3 of the 4 undefeated teams in the NFC are in the NFC South. Truly the best division.

:smug:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He's 4-6 weeks then eased back in.

Just a freak injury.

The fact they did surgery makes me think it was a fracture they just went in and broke.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

He's 4-6 weeks then eased back in.

Just a freak injury.

The fact they did surgery makes me think it was a fracture they just went in and broke.

I saw you guys just signed Bucky Hodges too, good timing. His combine was ridiculous, but apparently his mental game isn't there yet? I loved his tape.

e:

Also, good lord do I love Mo Sanu. He is no world beater by any means, but a solid rear end #2 that has just been fun to watch.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/909845486080839680

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Sep 18, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Sanu's earning that paycheck.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Here you go Falcon fans.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/909890020705751040

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

:allears:

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

wandler20 posted:

If only because McCoy will lay down a hit so hard that it will disintegrate his skeleton, and he seems like the type that would feel really bad about it. :(

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

That hit made me so loving happy.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.f3b6d2611b9d

quote:

Since 2002, the year the league expanded to 32 teams, there have been 512 team seasons played in the NFL. When comparing the 2017 Saints to other performances during the first two weeks of a campaign, this year’s squad in New Orleans ranks:

503rd for plays allowed per drive (7.1)
504th for percentage of drives forced to go three-and-out (10.5 percent)
509th for the rate of opposing drives that result in a first down or touchdown (80.6 percent)
510th for points allowed per drive (3.4)
510th for average yards allowed per play (7.6)
511th for yards allowed per game (512.5)
512th for rate of scoring plays allowed per drive (68.4 percent)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So you're saying they can only get better!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

So you're saying they can only get better!

:unsmith:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, the saints set another record.

Look, lets just shoot for 512 in all stats.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

:stare:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Barudak posted:

Finally, the saints set another record.

Look, lets just shoot for 512 in all stats.

We sold our souls for that championship, and we're paying for it now.

Still worth it.

Nov 6, 2002

It is pretty astounding just how much of Brees' prime the Saints have now wasted. People like to throw bones at the Colts, but I think what the Saints have done is even worse.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It is pretty astounding just how much of Brees' prime the Saints have now wasted. People like to throw bones at the Colts, but I think what the Saints have done is even worse.

this one is a two-way street, imo

Nov 6, 2002

I don't think the slight premium that the Saints are paying for Brees is responsible for the awful decisions that they have made in free agency, drafting and coaching on the defensive side of the ball. That just seems like an easy excuse.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I don't think the slight premium that the Saints are paying for Brees is responsible for the awful decisions that they have made in free agency, drafting and coaching on the defensive side of the ball. That just seems like an easy excuse.

The thing is, I see where they were trying to make a big impact, they just flopped miserably (Byrd, Browner, Galette, etc.) It's not like they stood pat and did nothing, but they basically made all the wrong moves.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Silly Burrito posted:

The thing is, I see where they were trying to make a big impact, they just flopped miserably (Byrd, Browner, Galette, etc.) It's not like they stood pat and did nothing, but they basically made all the wrong moves.

Yup (also resigning Fairley). Even Spagnuolo and Ryan made sense at the time.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Also all their right moves didn't work out.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The curse is back baby!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

So your teams offense is falling apart, your defense is non-existent save for a few promising young players and in the offseason your team decided to make a splash picking up an aging free agent RB who's now complaining about not being featured in the offense.

You want to start building up your team around a core of young guys going into the future. What do you do?

A. Trade Adrian Petersen
B. Fire your coach
C. Fire your GM
D. Trade your 2nd year All Rookie Team LB to Miami for an undisclosed draft pick.

:rip: Stephone Anthony

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

So your teams offense is falling apart, your defense is non-existent save for a few promising young players and in the offseason your team decided to make a splash picking up an aging free agent RB who's now complaining about not being featured in the offense.

You want to start building up your team around a core of young guys going into the future. What do you do?

A. Trade Adrian Petersen
B. Fire your coach
C. Fire your GM
D. Trade your 2nd year All Rookie Team LB to Miami for an undisclosed draft pick.

:rip: Stephone Anthony

What the hell?? I knew he was in the doghouse, but drat.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

What the hell?? I knew he was in the doghouse, but drat.

Yup.

All I'd heard recently was that he "wasn't a good fit for the defense".

Given this staff I don't know that they would know what a good fit for it was if it bit them on the rear end.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

Yup.

All I'd heard recently was that he "wasn't a good fit for the defense".

Given this staff I don't know that they would know what a good fit for it was if it bit them on the rear end.

Can't say I disagree with you there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Saints ideally need a multi year plan with the standard. Fire everyone in the front office and poach some up and coming dudes. Trade or cut everyone who isnt on a rookie contract and good and sign some vet to start while you groom a rookie.

To be honest I've kind of been expecting it for two years now.

I'm guessing with the ownership issues its not likely to happen.

I keep hearing people reference rumors Brees wants out. Probably for a Peyton style 2 year mega money deal for a shot at a ring.

• Locked thread