Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I never really got stuff like this about low ratings for the Emmys/Oscars etc because isn't 'low' still like 30 million people
Also they invited Spicer and treated him like a cute buddy instead of a professional liar.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

R. Mute posted:

RE: that one tweet about Ramirez and DEBT doing the rounds rn

I have foreseen the death of Ramirez and Debt will come to claim him on a pale horse.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

drat, next time I need a costume I'll go as a politoon, with all my clothes labeled appropriately.

Except one that just says debt.

loquacius posted:

tom_&_jerry_line_of_action_tutorial.jpg, jesus christ

I know Branco is always bad at drawing, but still, c'mon

it looks like MS MEDIA is snatching a hammer away from the Trump statue and then kind of just spontaneously combusting for no reason

Is he bad or just lazy though?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Alhazred posted:

That's an incredibly bad metaphor.

Political Cartoons 2017: That's an Incredibly Bad Metaphor

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Does anyone remember branco back in like 2008 when he was just barely starting to get into political cartoons and all his previous work was to draw people in a very weird almost british style (honestly they remind me of the monty python gumbies?), hairlipped and slope browed, and every single person he drew looked at first blush like they had a hitler mustache? Because of the hair lip he drew on every single person?

His archive don't go back as far as 2008 and I can't find an old rear end branco picture to prove I'm not crazy.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Krinkle posted:

Does anyone remember branco back in like 2008 when he was just barely starting to get into political cartoons and all his previous work was to draw people in a very weird almost british style (honestly they remind me of the monty python gumbies?), hairlipped and slope browed, and every single person he drew looked at first blush like they had a hitler mustache? Because of the hair lip he drew on every single person?

His archive don't go back as far as 2008 and I can't find an old rear end branco picture to prove I'm not crazy.

This is the oldest Branco I know of-- had the Donkey down pat even early on:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Fathis Munk posted:

drat, next time I need a costume I'll go as a politoon, with all my clothes labeled appropriately.

Except one that just says debt.

Debt better be over your dick/boobs.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Hollywood’s summer box office flopped.

Revenues are down nearly 16 percent–a precipitous drop from last year. The NFL ratings are also crashing. “Thursday Night Football” is down 13 percent from last year and fewer fans are attending games. The Emmys ratings have also cratered. What’s causing these declines? It could be that leftist politics are being injected into American entertainment.

Hollywood continues to spew out the same politically correct kitsch. Their movies have become too formulaic and repetitive. There are too many comic book movies chalk full of computer graphics showing crass, physics-defying violence. And of course, political correctness is always the number one priority. Then we’re expected to endure condescending lectures about climate change and social justice from the overpaid actors who show up at the Oscars.

The NFL’s decline is due to too much political correctness as well as the feminization of men. We are supposed to fret about overpaid athletes getting concussions, which can later lead to permanent brain damage. This used to be part of the game. It has always been violent. Like boxing, such violence is part of the attraction. Don’t want to be punch drunk? Don’t box or play football. It’s their choice and they know the risks. It’s difficult for a lot of ticket buyers to feel sympathy for players who command multi-million dollar contracts and then worry about getting injured.

More rules and penalties made the game safer while also rendering it boring.

Colin Kaepernick took a knee and began the current national anthem protests. Many players can’t even articulate why they are insulting our country. Maybe something somewhere past present or future is not equal. To them, America is not perfect and must be disrespected until it is.

Why can’t they protest on their own time? Last week, a Seattle anthem sitter also gave the black power fist salute after making a tackle. It’s now on the field. Sure, it’s his free speech, but it’s our free speech to speak out against it and stop supporting the NFL. If they can dole out fines for those giving the finger to the crowd or making lewd dances after a score, they can certainly hand out stiff fines to the sitters.

The latest Emmy award show hit a new low when they devolved into a Trump hate fest. No matter what size screen, the lefty actors seem to think we’re fascinated by their Trump bashing. It has become both tiresome and predictable.

We’ve been seeing Silicon Valley and social media companies try to excoriate conservative voices from the Internet. The big money media and entertainment arms are starting to lose revenue, subscribers and viewers. They’ve long been accustomed to controlling the levers of our culture, but now they’re pushing those levers even more vigorously and blatantly toward collectivism. Americans can boycott and stop participating.

—Ben Garrison

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

We are supposed to fret about overpaid athletes getting concussions, which can later lead to permanent brain damage.

I mean, yeah? Kinda?

But thanks for the lecture on manliness, chinless Nazi dork.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol at that fnc grandpa rant

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....

Ben Garrison posted:

:words:

Holy poo poo this guy.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

quote:

Oh say can you see
Our ratings bursting in air

Tampering with the lyrics of our national anthem? Looks like someone doesn't respect it.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Clever Spambot posted:

Holy poo poo this guy.

Not gonna lie though, I kinda like his stream of conciousness style rants in that we get a pure unfiltered look into his brains as thoughts just race through it like broken down cars heading for the demolition derby. It's JEWS JEWS JEWS FEMINIZED MEN BLACK PANTHERS MANLY TRUMP JEWS JEWS and it's fascinating.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

I'm pretty sure more people are protesting the NFL because Colin Kaepernick is not employed than are protesting because he took a knee last year

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If you ask people like Garrison, Hollywood has always been left wing. So what's changed since last year for a sixteen percent drop?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Krinkle posted:

I don't have anything that old, but I think you mean this style?

a few others not in his usual style:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Starshark posted:

If you ask people like Garrison, Hollywood has always been left wing. So what's changed since last year for a sixteen percent drop?

Trump !!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm gonna be honest, it took me a while to realize that Holder isn't licking a flying penis in that cartoon.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
I can't believe he had to label the blatantly obvious anti-gravity clothes pinned nutsack.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Ben Garrison posted:

:shrek:

You know who else has plummeting ratings?

:sad:

Leave it to the Brits to make sure to include poop in their It/sewer cartoons.

13 :australia:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Does any of this mean anything?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Almost every TV show is getting lower ratings.
Normal person: "It must be because people are watching less TV."
Conservative cartoonist: "It must be because LIBERALS"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Don't know what's going on, but sign me up.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Potato Salad posted:

Gay marriage plebiscite, I think

It's a nonbinding vote on whether gay Aussies should be allowed to marry. I wasn't familiar about the clergy-murder bit, though!

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Inspired by this from the homophobic baker debacle a couple of years ago.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Potato Salad posted:

I realize this is Australia, but that cartoon feels really tasteless given what happened at Georgia Tech.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's tasteless regardless, equating gay marriage to clergy-murder is just cartoonishly evil.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I hope someone beats Ben Garrison over the head until he gets CTE.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Clearly the message is gays with guns prevent child molestation.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Pakled posted:

Almost every TV show is getting lower ratings.
Normal person: "It must be because people are watching less TV."
Conservative cartoonist: "It must be because LIBERALS"

TV executive: "It must be due to piracy, let's create a $10/mo website that has only our shows!"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Lord Hydronium posted:

I hope someone beats Ben Garrison over the head until he gets CTE.

How would we tell the difference?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My favorite thing about cartoons like this is it's clear they can't find any current events they can spin into Trump's favor so they just make a generic "Trump golf. Hillary and media had" nothing comic to meet their deadline. Also I thought only bad presidents golf while in office, Lester?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dr. VooDoo posted:

My favorite thing about cartoons like this is it's clear they can't find any current events they can spin into Trump's favor so they just make a generic "Trump golf. Hillary and media had" nothing comic to meet their deadline. Also I thought only bad presidents golf while in office, Lester?

This is in reference to a specific event. Trump retweeted a phtoshopped gif of him golfing and hitting Hillary in the head.

Edit: this http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/17/politics/trump-tweet-clinton/index.html

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

That is a current event. Trump recently retweeted a gif of him hitting a ball and knocking Hillary in the back with it.

It's straight up a "Thing Happened".

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
This need an SMBC-style bonus panel of Shatner bursting onto scene, asking "Did someboDY say Rock-IT Man?"

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Oh well I missed that, there's such a flow of garbage from his twitter it's hard to keep track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's a top tier Korner Kelly.

• Locked thread