Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sefal posted:

100 nobles is easy.
Jumping the rope 1000 times is not.

You don't need to impress them all but they need to ask for an encore. Maybe you do need to impress them all. Because there's a trophy for having 4 moonstones. You get 1 for impressing all 100

As if by some kind of cruel joke I could only ever get 98 nobles. Must be Latvian judges in the crowd.

I can only imagine this will be made worse by the lag caused by modern tvs/HDMI connections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

don't do bad minigames for trophies

FFIX was just practice for the truly bad minigames of FFX

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If you need help on the minigame Trophies though let me direct you to PlayOnline.com.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Man don't buy Konami games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

ZOE2 on a system I own, though. They're kinda forcing my hand here. And boy does that art style scale extremely well.

Not sure how anyone would be able to use the VR first person mode without immediately vomiting, though.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 19, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grapplejack posted:

On the other hand, this may be what it takes to get Metal Gear on PC.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

Not sure how anyone would be able to use the VR first person mode without immediately vomiting, though.

You must fast for ZOE2 the same way as you do for major surgery.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The value of dramamine and seasickness patches will skyrocket

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
on one hand i'd like to not give konami money for mistreating employees for decades, on the other hand this is the only way i'll be able to play zone of the enders without my ps3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you dont want to give money to corporations who mistreat people you would starve to death in a week

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

looks like konami is turning the games chat thread, into the "Zone of the Spenders" :D

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you don't wanna give Konami money then just buy it secondhand. Good luck doing that in the digital age though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What if you vandalize a Konami health club with damages equal to or greater than the price of a copy of Zone of the Enders

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What if you vandalize a Konami health club with damages equal to or greater than the price of a copy of Zone of the Enders

The Yakuza kills you

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Chris Chan I thought they locked you up

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

The Yakuza kills you

I played the game, they don't do that. They will challenge you to a sega arcade racing game and if you lose you have to leave and pay for it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CJacobs posted:

I played the game, they don't do that. They will challenge you to a sega arcade racing game and if you lose you have to leave and pay for it.

Goro Majima will pursue you all your life

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

The Yakuza kills you

That's Sega

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Segata Sanshiro will throw you so hard you explode.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Hideo Kojima will give you a high-five, but it will take 7 years for him to deliver it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

haveblue posted:

Segata Sanshiro will throw you so hard you explode.

drat, that's how I want to go out

Saint Freak posted:

Hideo Kojima will give you a high-five, but it will take 7 years for him to deliver it.

Lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

As if by some kind of cruel joke I could only ever get 98 nobles. Must be Latvian judges in the crowd.

I can only imagine this will be made worse by the lag caused by modern tvs/HDMI connections.

nope! the port tones that poo poo down so hard. the new release is built on the bones of the phone version of the game, so they tuned the swordfight in the play to be extra forgiving to account for players using their lovely digital touchscreen gamepad :eng101:

the new rule is basically: if you don't miss and you don't fall asleep, you'll get 100/100.

also you get showered with 10,000 gil, so it's not like you're only doing this for a fuckin moonstone to put early beast slayer on zidane and steiner

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 19, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's better that the annoying button pressing minigame is insanely easy imo

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

precision posted:

That whole intro only takes like 5 minutes but yes it's still dumb

It's literally twice that long. & 5 or 10 minutes is too long for me to realize I want to change my lipstick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFrh_e5cWY

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Everybody nowadays uses gibbed's ME2 editor which lets you make face adjustments on the fly + give yourself 999999999 of each resource.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Who are these people still playing mass effect 2

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

About 100 more people at this very moment than Lawbreakers lmao.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lets hang out posted:

Who are these people still playing mass effect 2

It's a pretty good game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I downloaded X-Com UFO Defense & X-Com Terror From The Deep and am trying to learn them.

I used to sit and watch my brother play for hours as a kid but only really understood the death sounds until the Firaxis remake of XCOM came out taught me more of the base building aspects and research stuff. The differences in the old games and the new one are pretty huge apparently. Not in a "new games suck" sort of way, just a "wow they went a good, but different path for things" kind of deal.

Edit - I'm also getting pretty excited for Total War Warhammer II. Mostly because I can play the best race ever, the Skaven and eat my captives so my people don't die of hunger.

Sadly it comes out one day before I'm on a two week vacation full of beaches, SCUBA diving, and sleeping.

The new Xcoms are great but the originals are nearly perfect. TFTD is my personal favorite, such an amazing game with so much atmosphere. (Even if the balance isn't as good as the original)

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

I like how one of the deadliest enemies in the Xcom series is a lobster with a gun.

Hello, their name is Lobstermen :colbert:

Wamdoodle posted:

I could never get into the tactical gameplay of XCom, or any similar games, but the XCom intro is still pretty great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttggec6eJFY

This is basically a trace of 90s comics. I still love it, but seriously, its so extremely similar to Youngbloods and other Rob Liefeld comics of that era. The characters are EXACTLY the same, the costumes are EXACTLY the same, the hair, etc.

They even animated it in panels!!!

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 19, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Hello, their name is Lobstermen :colbert:

This is basically a trace of 90s comics. I still love it, but seriously, its so extremely similar to Youngbloods and other Rob Liefeld comics of that era. The characters are EXACTLY the same, the costumes are EXACTLY the same, the hair, etc.

They even animated it in panels!!!

Yes. that was the point.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sefal posted:

Finally, the best final fantasy is on the PS4

After the original release never seemed to get that much attention between 7, 8, and 10, I'm glad people are finally coming around :unsmith:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Phantasium posted:

don't do bad minigames for trophies

FFIX was just practice for the truly bad minigames of FFX

Pretty much all of the difficult side stuff in 9 just gives you a key item saying you did it, and I guess a trophy now. 10 is just lol

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This is a very boring day of work for me.

Amazon finally got my copy of Ys 8 over to me and I don't even want to play it anymore

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I love the Michael McCann XCOM soundtrack, but the original had some jams. The interception music is still burned in my brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLb8q3hhsuo

Also when you heard this you knew poo poo was going down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_aK1NLiK0

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

fickleorv

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

This is a very boring day of work for me.

Amazon finally got my copy of Ys 8 over to me and I don't even want to play it anymore

you should give it to dryzen

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
lol i chose to play final fantasy adventure cause it seemed short and it's still way too long for me to bother finishing it

i'll just leave it at beating dark lord

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I'm all about rainbow 6 siege now. It's pretty loving awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

littleorv posted:

I'm all about rainbow 6 siege now. It's pretty loving awesome

I keep thinking maybe I should pick it up, but every free weekend I've tried it I am absolute poo poo at the game.

• Locked thread